5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and easy duplex printing
Published on July 12, 2004 by zem

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a toner cartridge, not a printer. Wrong description.
WARNING: If the price is $75 or $65.99, you are ordering a toner cartridge and not a printer. I thought the price was too good to be true.

Published on December 5, 2006 by R. Richards

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a toner cartridge, not a printer. Wrong description., December 5, 2006
R. Richards (Vienna, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic MONO DUPLEX LASER PRINTER 19PPM ( KX-P7305 ) (Office Product)

I tried my best to alert Amazon to the problem, I even called customer support, but after 20 frustrating minutes on the phone I gave up. I was talking to a very nice Indian lady, support must be outsourced, who didn't understand or have the ability to check if this item was described incorrectly. She resubmitted my order so I should be receiving a 2nd toner cartridge any day now. :) I tried to get her to verify the product description but no go. Just thought you should know, because there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to alert Amazon that the product doesn't match the description. Furthermore, when you attempt to return via the website, there is no return reason for "Received the wrong item". Amazon I love ya, but this is sloppy.

Update 2 hours later: So somebody is reading these reviews, or my support email. A picture magically appeared. I would have known it wasn't the whole printer had the picture been there. Of course the description is still wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and easy duplex printing, July 12, 2004
zem (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
The printer set up very quickly and easily on a Netgear print server (this one can be shared on a network unlike it's sibling Kx-p7100). For a duplex printer it is very compact and doesn't need access around it or behind it. It prints duplex flawlessly and has a great feature that shrinks the pages down to 4 pages on a side or with the duplex 8 pages total on each page. It's a great way to save paper to review rough drafts. I did have an initially bad start when the printer was jamming all the time with 28lb laser paper; but after switching to cheaper 20lb copy paper it hasn't jammed once. A great value (I considered the cheapest HP duplex printer but it was almost twice as much and a lot bigger in size and I don't think it has the great shrink-down-to-4-pages-on-a-side feature).

3.0 out of 5 stars Took Amazon a while to figure out this is not the printer., January 25, 2007
Amazon Customer "nopcbs" (Midland, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Like others, I went through two toner cartridges trying to buy the printer before Amazon realized they were advertising a printer and selling toner cartridges.

I like amazon a lot, but criminy, they sure can be dense.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still not fixed, December 13, 2006
Yes folks, it always helps to read user reviews before ordering. The two people before me ordered this Panasonic printer, and were shipped a toner cartridge. About 5 minutes after I placed my order, I had a bad feeling. This was too little money to pay for this printer. I decided to check out the reviews, and was horrified by what I read. Within 30 minutes of placing the order, I tried to cancel it. I got a nice e-mail back from someone who assured me I would receive the printer, not the toner cartridge. After all, he checked it out himself. I knew I would receive the toner cartridge and I did. Then I had to go through the return process, which wasn't too painful, but I shouldn't have had to go through it at all - right? I am waiting for a credit to be issued. I have always had good luck with Amazon, but this was pretty sloppy of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled -- this is not a printer!!!, December 8, 2006
Amazon needs to fix their website. This product has no picture and the description would lead you to believe it is a printer. It is in fact the toner refill for the printer -- not the printer. The only way you would know this is by typing the printer model number (KX-P7305) into the search bar and this product shows up with 2 other toner refill products. The refill product number for this printer is KX-PDP10. Do a seach for this refill product and guess what? ...this refill masquerading as a printer shows up without a picture. The previous reviewer also had the same problem yet Amazon hasn't fixed the problem yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy to set up laser printer for home, October 5, 2004
This is a great laser printer for the home. We could never get ourselves to buy an inkjet because they just seemed messy. This printer is perfect if you print a lot in B/W and don't want to keep buying and changing cartiridges. It took my husband and me exactly 15 mins to set up on a home wireless network and he started using it the same day. Its very compact and nice looking too!:) We haven't had any problems with paper jams yet and we've had it for about 6 months. This was a recommended buy by PC Magazine and we bought it after doing a lot of research. Till date we are pleased with it. This was the only reasonably priced home duplex laser printer in the market and duplex was one of the most important reasons we bought it.

Rate and Discover Movies