Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic DVD-LS92 9-Inch Screen Portable DVD Player
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 8, 2012
Even though this item claims to have a long battery life, which it probably does, the LCD screen brightness cannot be adjusted bright enough to acceptably watch a movie.
on December 17, 2012
Haven't even had this DVD player for two months, and only used it approx 1-2 times a week since I received it and already the picture has totally gone out. I still get sound, but no picture. So so frustrating! I wish I had bought this from a bricks and mortar store like Best Buy or Target instead of on Amazon as I now have to deal with the convoluted and non-customer service friendly return policy, which is telling me I'm stuck with a broken DVD player that I just barely bought because it's been over 30 days!!
on September 12, 2012
We bought this DVD player for our little daughter to use on our trip overseas. We brought all her favorite DVDs and all of them were working fine for the first week. After that DVD started locking up and would not play on start or when you push play, numerous restarts sometimes fixed the problem. Then some of the DVDs started showing "incompatible disk" that didn't make sense, since all of the disks we had were working before. Later on most of the disks started showing the same message upon loading. Now we are down to one disk that still plays but after 10 minutes it turns off and you have to restart it again. We tried loading the DVDs into another DVD player and they worked fine. We have long flight back home and this is going to be a challenge to keep restarting this DVD player just to make it play for 10 minutes at the time. I will be returning it upon my return.
on January 2, 2013
I received this portable dvd player for Mother's Day but didn't open the box until December when I took a trip and wanted to entertain myself on long rides with my favorite DVDs. I was very impressed with the unit until the next day when I wanted to watch another movie and the DVD wouldn't work! The DVD player kept making this awful noise. I tried about five different DVDs but none of them would play. I am very displeased to say the least. I had the same problem with another Panasonic DVD player and swore I would never again buy a Panasonic product but, as stated, this was a gift.
on August 31, 2013
Panasonic DVD-LS92 9-Inch Screen Portable DVD Player

Purchased this dvd player 4 months ago. Used it for three trips before it stopped playing discs. Only displays "incompatible disc" and "no disc" error messages.

To get this issue resolved, Panasonic recommends sending it in for service ([...] Warranty for product is 90 labor, 1 year parts. Since the player is out of warranty for labor (purchased 4 months ago), Panasonic will not cover labor costs. Their estimate for labor and return shipping is $102.45.

Don't buy the dvd-ls92.
on April 22, 2012
it is nothing like what I've read from other reviews, my biggest disappointment is the horrible picture quality which is beyond words, I'm from Australia, the reason I bought this is because of the price online in the US is almost half of what it retails for in Australia, and I have seen the same model in shops in OZ. let me tell you that it is not the same kind of product, I am adamant that what I have received is a counterfeit product from China. I know this because I have worked in the electronic retail for 15 years and now work at Customs, I know what's fake when I see one. The box print quality is not crisp, the content packaging is inferior ( definately not the likes of Japanese manufacturers), the feel of the product is flimsy. You know what? I can live with all of that, but not when the picture is pixelated rubbish, an absolute rip off from Amazon if you ask me. If this is the qualialy a genuine Panasonic product delivers, then you Yanks have got the cheap end of the bargain, I will stick to REAL quality from my fair dinkum local retailers in Austrlaia from now on. Another lesson learned buying crap online, just didn't expect it to be from Amazon.
on February 9, 2013
I bought and returned this player. I had a previous, very similar Panasonic player and loved it, but watching movies on this model was a visual nightmare. The screen resolution on this model is terrible, particularly if you are watching it in the dark. You can see lines on the screen, splotchy looking areas where bright colors contrast with dark (basically losing all gradation of shades), and the text on the screen appears rough because you can see the pixels at the edges of the letters. I am disappointed because I was very happy with my old Panasonic player. It's a pity because I think the shape and weight of this player is great. If you like clear resolution, don't by this player.
on December 12, 2012
My wife wanted this Panasonic model specifically for the long battery life, but as soon as she took it out of the box she was disappointed. The unit feels like it's made of very cheap materials - it doesn't feel solid, the buttons wobble like they're going to fall off in no time, and the screen hinge is extremely weak. We made the decision to return it as soon as we turned the unit on - it makes a groaning sound whenever a disk starts spinning or any time the laser head has to move (like when you fast forward or rewind) and the screen quality is so poor that you can see all the scan lines.

So, what you end up with is a grainy screen, overly noisy portable DVD player that tips over when the screen is open, because the construction is so weak. I can't fathom why this would get any positive ratings. Our former unit, which finally died after over 8 years, had none of these issues and cost less than half of this disappointment. Keep this one out of your shopping cart.
on March 7, 2015
Didn't like when i took it out the box so I returned it. Item came extremely damaged. The scteen was week. No remote control included
on November 3, 2015
ive had so many fancy brands over the years that have gone out,this portable player is plain and doesnt have fancy features but shows excellent picture,sound and plays beyond 11 hours,and resumes where I left off when I turned it back on after turned it back on,ive had the ls92 for over 5 yrs and its still going strong, reliability over the fancy gadgets everytime!!