Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 31, 2013
This is a great phone. I have the KG-TG242SK, but I posted the review on the Panasonic KX-TG4772B Dect_6.0 2-Handset 1-Line Landline Telephone product page (same as the KX-TG242SK) before I realized the TG242SK was also available on Amazon. The TG242SK and TG4772B have the identical base, handsets, and accessories, and share the same operating manual (see the picture I uploaded for the comparison from the Panasonic manual). The KX-TG242SK has a corded base plus 2 wireless handsets. See my fairly lengthy Panasonic KX-TG4772B review (3/31/13) for more details, also several photos there. The KX-TG242SK is sold by Costco and maybe by others.

I have had several wired base/wireless handset combos, and this is by far the best I have come across.

I should mention that this worked great with the Panasonic KX-TGA470B Extra Handset for 47XX-series Cordless Phones I got from Amazon. I did a review of the extra handset on that product page too, also 3/31/13.
review image
on January 10, 2014
Landline telephones are, apparently, on their way out. But most of those of us who are senior citizens still cherish our landline phones. For my wife and I, this set is perfect. It has a landline base and two portable units we keep in different parts of the house. Further, we can both hear extremely well on all of the units, and we do have trouble with many cell phones.
on January 30, 2014
It is truly the best phone I have ever owned! It says who is calling from caller ID before I answer it. I can block numbers from calling through and it has speaker phone and I can call from handset to handset :)
on June 1, 2015
I bought the Costco version of the KX-TG242SK that has the KX-TG4771B base and 2 KX-TGA470 handsets. It had most of the features I wanted at the time, corded base phone that works during power fail and has nice big buttons on it, handsets use 2xAAA batteries so you don't have to buy special battery packs, and the headsets have a headphone jack as well as act as a speaker phone.

One feature I wished it had but doesn't is to have batteries in the base so you can use the cordless handsets during a power failure. I have a UPS for the office computer though and moved the base to the office and plugged it in there and that seems to work good so far.

After starting to use it decided I liked the talking caller ID too, and that it will set the system time based on the caller ID signal (handy for time change days).

Sound quality and range have been good. Don't really have any complaints there. I have a lot of wireless stuff around the house and haven't noticed any interference at all. Using the handsets and base is straightforward too.

Of course we all get the annoying telemarketer calls, and I was even happier (for a while) with this phone when I recently discovered these phones have a call block feature. After you add a number to it (has to be done via the handset), it will only ring once and then it blocks it (it sends them a busy signal, then disconnects). So I started adding numbers to it and really enjoying doing so as it was significantly cutting down on the telemarketer calls. But then a few days later I ran into "CALL BLOCK MEMORY FULL". Turns out you can only store 30 numbers, what a let down! I'd rather use the address book memory space, which I don't use anyways, to store more call block numbers. But alas this phone won't let you do it.

There are other Panasonic models that allow you to store up to 250 call block numbers, like the KX-TG572SK at Costco. That one also allows you to put batteries in the base to operate the handsets during a power failure, the other feature I really wanted. I think I may dig up the receipt and take this thing back and get that one.
on June 23, 2014
This was easy to set up and cordless phones charged up in just 7 or 8 hours. I love the announcement of who is calling and the phone seems to have the features I need. I've only been using it for a couple of days so may elaborate later after more experience with it. At this time, I'm very happy with the ease of use and clarity of voice.
on January 4, 2014
We're in our sixties now and we REQUIRE some stuff in a landline phone; Clear sound; big buttons; large, easily read displays, and easy navigation of the menus. Panasonic delivers! We have not had the phone long enough to test the durability, so stay tuned!
on June 16, 2014
Read reviews prior to buying. Works out very well. The speaker phone on it allows us to have a call that we can both listen to.
on January 13, 2014
I have had exceptional life out of the last Panasonic system. Sound is exceptional and the charge is held for days.
on October 12, 2015
Purchased 5/4/13 from Costco which charges 10.00 less there than here. On 11/26/13 I had a problem with a no dial tone on the handset. Oct 2015 same problem with no dial tone on another handset. The first time the phone fell 2’ from the table to floor and this happened. 2nd time I don’t know why I lost the dial tone could be from a fall, unsure…but whatever you do,,,do not drop the handset because then you have issues. I had a uniden phone for 10+ yrs and it worked whether it fell or not, this one has only lasted me a little over 2 yrs and I am getting ready to return to Costco for full refund, thank Costco for their good return policy. Another thing, when people leave a message it was not audible, so I used my Uniden answering machine for people to leave messages, it was clear as a bell. I used this Panasonic because I liked the dial option on the base and I liked the voice caller ID and big screen. Other than that, am going to purchase another Uniden phone now. Panasonic is lacking in quality now.
on July 22, 2014
This phone set is easy to set up and use. The numbers are a good size for easy viewing. Phone would be good for any age.