Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 11, 2008
I have been a heated eyelash curler user for a long time. I've tried the stick types (sephora) and the squeeze type. I bought this to replace my second Talika curler which had died. I wanted to get something different as I find the Talika to be poor quality for the price (the battery contacts fall out of the compartment and the battery door falls off, generally cheap, fragile plastic construction). When this arrived I was pleasantly surprised - heavyweight and solid, nice cap that keeps the on button from being turned on accidently. I love the double pads and can feel that the pads are actually getting warm and warm up quite quickly! But by far my favorite feature is the fact that the on button has to be held on, it cannot be switched on and then left on accidentally to burn out the batteries. At first I thought I wouldn't like this but, when I realized how quickly this heats up, I realized this was a bonus. Overall a great product so far!
11 comment101 of 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2010
I have always used the Forever Free Hot Touch Double Heated Eyelash Curler because when it first came out with the breakthrough of heated curlers, it was just absolutely the best for me! My lashes are long, but very straight and point downward; it's one of my biggest pet peeves to see 90 degree crimped lashes, too, so I'm picky about what I use on my eyelashes. When Hot Touch discontinued this model curler that I faithfully bought from them, I began searching for something that would be better, if not, at least equal to it. I was a little skeptical about this brand because of reviews and just my fears that it'd be a waste of investment, but I am SO happy I tried it out; I figured if I wasn't happy, I'd just send it back and keep searching (but I'm glad it turned out to be the best gamble). I can honestly say that it is SOOO much better than the previous brand I used to use! It does have the same double-heated pad feature. The pad doesn't change colors when it's heated to the right temperature like my old brand, but it makes up for it in so many other ways. It doesn't heat up as intensely as the Hot Touch, but it heats up a little faster. What I find so amazing about it is even if it's not heated up, it is able to still curl my lashes; I only have to run it through twice to get it to curl perfectly, not crimp-probably the BEST thing about it. The curl lasts all day, too. I also enjoy that it "fits" my eye shape; while it doesn't extend to grasp every eyelash, it's not too hard to angle it so that it can reach corner lashes. It has a protective little cover that slips on, which also prevents it from wasting any battery power by ensuring that the "switch" doesn't somehow engage when in your makeup bag or something (and yeah, there is no "on/off" switch, but I'm used to it and it doesn't take much effort to hold it in place for a little bit). I like the little detail for a protective cover because I've had my heated curlers snap at the delicate eyelash curling area due to some rough handling of my luggage by others. Personally, I really do think this beats my previous brand and it really is one of the best investments I've made.
33 comments83 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2009
I have the typical asian eyelashes where its short, stiff, and points downward. I have tried everything and NOTHING kept my eyelashes from curling and staying curled. I told myself what do i have to lose and tried this curler and no joke, it worked! I didn't even wash my face bc i was so happy and what do u kno, it stayed curled the whole night! The key is to make sure its heated up well and to use it after u put ur mascara on. Do it couple of times on each eye and its even better. Try it, you'll love it! I know i do!
0Comment51 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2008
This eyelash curler works great and very easy to use. My lashes on one eye stick down to where I can see them, but with this curler they will stay up and I don't usually even use mascara!
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2013
Received this the other day and I love it! I have used a lot of heated curlers in the past but this one is by far the best. I love the second pad that's on it to curl the tips...I also love how quick it heats up!! My lashes look great, I would recommend this...
on September 13, 2010
I'm stunned at the bad reviews for this eyelash curler. I have super-straight Asian lashes, and this curls my lashes the max that they can be curled. And my curler heats up great! I can only surmise that there may be quality-control problems, and some of them don't work so well. I really don't know how else to account for the people who didn't get a curl at all. I was kind of shocked how well this worked. I'm coming off nine months of eyelash extensions, and this eyelash curler helps me approximate the look of extensions. This curler has two pads, one that curls the lashes near the root, and one that curls the lashes closer to the end. This helps give your lashes an extra oomph. I just bought a second one of these because I loved the first one so much that I didn't want to ever be without it. It's far and away the best eyelash curler I've ever used.
0Comment24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
This is a great eyelash curler! I debated so long getting it but it was well worth the price. It doesn't stick to your eyelashes even with mascara on them and it is actually a "curl" and not a "check mark" look!
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2009
I've had this curler for almost a year and am replacing it because part of the plastic broke. (probably my fault) I can't live without it and had to borrow my mom's until mine gets here in the mail. -I bought my mom one and she loves it too. Definitely a good buy. I replace the batteries about once a month just to keep it heating up quickly and I always heat it for about 20 seconds before I curl my eyelashes.
11 comment19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2009
I have long layered lashes that are often going many different directions including lashes that point down towards my eye. This is the best eyelash curler I have ever used. I've been using it for many many months now and it still is working great. Love it!! It heats up in just 15 seconds! Using those old fashioned eyelash curlers without heat did nothing for my eyelashes, so I had stopped even trying to use those. I bought this eyelash curler along with a heated wand eyelash curler for more flexibility, but I find myself only using this one. The wand takes much longer to heat up and doesn't do as good of a job curling, but the wand is smaller so it packs better in my makeup bag and it helps separate the lashes. This one, while it does take up more space in my bag and doesn't have a comb to separate the lashes, it doesn't clump or pinch or pull my lashes, it's great at curling them, and is the fastest and easiest to use. I may still use the wand on occasion, but only in combination with this one to just make it that much better.
on December 16, 2012
This product works well once it warms up.... but the warming up part can take good 5 minutes and you have to hold the darn switch up the whole time. I found a way to put a little piece of rubber band around the switch so that I can set it down while it warms up and don't have to hold the curler in my hand the whole time.