Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic ES-SL41-S Arc3 Electric Razor, Men's 3-Blade Cordless with Built-in Pop-Up Trimmer, Wet or Dry Operation
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 22, 2012
So I was on a trip with a few friends and I noticed one of them had this shaver. It was pretty cool looking but obviously the most important thing was if it actually works. I asked my friend how was it and he recommended it, which led to my purchase.

I received the product and after about a week of use, I must say I LOVE it! I've tried using an electric shaver in the past but had bad experiences as it caused bad irritation on my skin but this shaver doesn't give me any irritation yet provides a very close shave. It only takes a few passes to get a complete shave, although 1 pass is fine if i shave often. It's very convenient too as I can shave while showering rather than standing above the sink.

One of my favorite things about the shaver is how easy it is to clean it. Instead of breaking apart the foil and blades, all you have to do is click the water shutters open and let running water go through it. Switch the water shutters close and you're all set to go again with a clean system!

I think the charging stand and carrying holder are pluses and unique in its style. The carrying holder is perfect as I can snap the shaver on it and place it on the side of the tub w.o it slipping and falling.

Overall, I think the product is worth buying. It prevents irritation that I get sometimes from the regular safety blades yet provides a smooth and close shave. What used to take me 3-5 minutes to do (with needed lather), now takes me less than a minute. Definitely worth making the switch.
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a small and attractive wet/dry shaver with a small trimmer attachment on the back for sideburns.

There is a charging dock/cradle included.

Wet: This shaver works best in the shower or when wet. You can use shaving cream with it which I highly recommend as it cuts down on shaving irritation and bumps that I seem to only get with electric razors.
The result is a smooth clean shave that doesn't pull at your hairs like some other razors.

Dry: It works well dry but it takes around 3 passes for each area to really get all the hair. I experienced some skin irritation from shaving dry with this razor. Using aftershave helped.

Cleanup: Cleanup is easy as you can totally submerse this thing in water and wash it out.

Cons: If you want to shave in the car or office with this I would warn you about lots of small hairs that fall out of the shaver onto your clothes/desk. After you shave with this you will see a fine residue of tiny hairs on whatever surface you are nearby. If in the car that would mean small hairs on your clothes and in your car.

If you found this review helpful please give it a thumbs up below! thanks!
22 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I prefer Panasonic electric shavers for their ease of use, reliability, and quality of shave. I own a top-of-the-line model, which I've used daily for the past two years. It replaced a similarly-priced Panasonic razor, which ALMOST survived a combat tour in Iraq. Because I have owned the higher-end models, I was curious to see how this less-expensive version would perform. I was pleasantly surprised!

The ES-S141S, nicknamed "Milano" for some unknown reason, is much lighter and easier to handle than my other Panasonic. Although the shaver head is smaller, it delivers a shave of equal quality, in slightly less time. One reason is that I can grip the razor like an oversized pen when shaving the back of my mostly bald noggin; It's faster and more efficient that way. I've used this razor a couple of times in the shower, and it performs better than its "big brother". The ports which click open to allow efficient rinsing of the shaver head post-shower are a neat feature.

The bulky charger makes this model less functional for travel. On the other hand, it fits perfectly on my bathroom countertop, and my razor is always fully-charged. Now I just take my old Panasonic with its smaller charging cord along when I'm on the road, and use this sports car of an electric razor while I'm home.

If you are looking for a lightweight, efficient, reasonably-priced electric shaver which will give you as good a shave as the more expensive models, I highly recommend the Panasonic ES-S141. If you are a fan of Panasonic razors, this one will keep you happy!
VINE VOICEon November 4, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have bought my husband other electric shavers, and at some point they all end up under the bathroom sink. But the Panasonic ES-Sl41-S has the three things needed that will keep him using it everyday. Comfort, convenience, and a close shave.
Other electric shavers irratate and chafe my husband's face. But with this shaver
he can use it in the shower with shower gel on his face and get a smooth, close shave without any irratation. The convenience of the cleaning and charging of this product are one of it's selling points. With the push of a button two shutters open on the shaver and he just holds it under the running water to clean it out. He is already in the shower, it goes right down the drain. No more of him opening up his electric shaver and using that little brush to clean it and leaving all those little hairs on the sink that he never quite gets all cleaned up. And no more cords to plug in to recharge. Just drop the Panasonic ES-Sl41-S into it's holder and it will be charged when he picks it up next. It is the first time he actually enjoys using an electric shaver.
on December 27, 2012
I decided to move back to an electric razor. I have very sensitive skin, so after reading some online reviews, I came across this electric razor. I had an older model wet/dry from Panasonic about 10 years ago, and I loved it. I opted to buy a less expensive model, and as I read the reviews here, I concur that this bad boy gave me an amazingly close shave the first time.

I use the Nivea shaving cream, it doesn't foam up, with warm water, and this works great. Clean up with the ports (a wonderful idea btw!) makes clean up easy.

I normally don't take time to write reviews, but at $50, this razor is a steal. If you're looking for one - couldn't recommend this one more.
on September 28, 2012
I have used Norelco shavers for the last 40+ years. Lately (my last 2 shavers) I have noticed that my shavers have not been able to shave neck hairs. I shave daily, but the neck kept getting shaggy. This Panasonic has slots to cut the longer hairs. The Norelcos used to have slots in their cutters, but the last 2 only have had small holes for the whiskers to go through. I am quite happy with my new Panasonic but it doesn't seem to shave the hairs as close as the Norelco did, 5 o'clock shadow shows up a little earlier. I've been told that it takes a month to get your face acclimated to the shaver, so maybe it'll get better in 2 more weeks....................PS: I've always dry shaved, so that's the way I've been using it, comparing apples to apples!..............PPS: I have now tried a water only shave and shaves with gel, clearly a disapointment, the "5 o'clock shadow" is evident somewhere between 10 and 11 AM, and to top it off, I see that Norelco's shaver heads have gone back to having slots to get the longer whiskers......Oh well, live and learn!...........PPS #2....I've given it 3+ months, finally gave up and ordered a new Norelco AT830.....foil shavers have not worked for me in the past and still don't. Going back to something that'll shave the hair on my neck!
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have owned three different Panasonic wet / drys before now. I have a tough beard and sensitive skin so shaving in the shower is a must, and a electric shaver that can be used in the shower is a great idea.

My problems with the old Pana shavers I used were these:

1) poor shave
2) loud buzzsaw noise
3) poor durability - dies a few months after warranty. ( I bought one and got two as gifts. Usually failure right after warranty expires would sour me on a given product / brand.)

The new Milano shaver addresses the first two points competently and convincingly. The Milano shaves me about as cleanly as a Fusion five blade, high praise indeed. It shaves with no irritation and no cuts, and the shave lasts as long or longer than a Fusion shave (i.e. no five o'clock shadow until maybe eight or nine o'clock!). The head does not pivot, so you will have to go over a few trouble spots carefully and sometimes repeatedly (like the chin, and jawline) but I have to do this with a regular blade anyway.

The motor is much quieter than other electrics I have used, especially the Braun 9500 series. The motor spins at only 7.800 rpm, which may account for the lower noise. (Though the shave as mentioned is fine.)

The shaver works fine with gel, foam, or dry. It can be cleaned easily, by sluicing water into the head with two little gates you can open to allow the water to flow out. Pana makes a big deal over how convenient and quick this is, but realistically the old "pop the head off and rinse" system on prior Panas was just as easy and quick.

The razor charges using an induction system, meaning it does not need to have a charging cable plugged into the handle. Instead you place the shaver in the cradle and it charges once placed, assuming you placed it properly. (Look for the bright red light, hard to miss!) Battery life is fine, will last three days on one charge, assuming you shave for 7 minutes once a day like I do.

This model is mid-priced in the Pansaonic wet/dry line. It runs at a slower RPM, does not use a linear system like some other Panas do (not quite sure what that is, nor quite sure that its absence matters), and does not have a pivoting head or digital display. It also does not have any of those idiotic gimmicks like modern Brauns have (the alcohol auto cleaning systems that quintuples the cost of ownership by requiring endless amounts of "QuikEvap" alcohol cartridges). I can't comment as to whether these missing features may be worth more money to you, but to me, this shaver gives me a clean comfortable shave, and feels well-made. I don't think one needs to spend more.

The only clear miss here is the pop-up trimmer. Instead of popping up parallel to the handle (like most modern shavers) Pana has the trimmer blade pop up at a strange 60 degree angle off the back of the handle. This odd angle makes using the trimmer inconvenient and awkward. If a trimmer matters that much to you, you may want to get a separate trimmer and think of this Milano model as only a shaver!

The one great variable is durability. The shaver seems sturdy and Pana now gives you a 2 year warranty, versus the 1 year they gave buyers on models in the past. This suggests confidence on the mfgr's part, but only time will tell. Taking a small motorized device into a hot shower every day and running wet shaving gel through it is quite the test, and I hope this mid-priced Milano will dispel my worries. If it breaks anytime soon, I will be back to amend the review.
on July 28, 2015
It's useless to me.

Every other razor I've used in the past 30 years was good for 120-240v. But, upon receipt, I learned that this one is only for the U.S. 120v system.

Nowhere in the product description does it say it's only for 120v. In fact, it describes the 'convenient carrying holder for storage or travel use' that is obviously good only if you travel within the U.S. And, 'convenient?" Hardly: the hard plastic, stand-up carrying holder is the only way to charge the razor, yet it more than doubles the size of the razor if you are traveling with it.

As I'm moving to China next month, this device is useless to me.
on January 21, 2016
I've used Braun shavers for about 30+ years, their products have become so crazy expensive (especially the replacement foils and cutters) coupled with the quality of the shave going down that I decided to try Panasonic...I found one on clearance at Walmart.
O...M...G...I instantly noticed a much better and closer shave without irritation to my skin.
The cost of replacement foils and cutters is also reasonable.
I purchased the second one as a gift for a friend of mine who was in need of a new shaver, he too is impressed!

On a footnote, my very last Braun shaver gave me some issues, so I contacted Braun with my complaint...Braun never got back with me; I guess they have become too big for their britches
on January 2, 2015
Purchased this for my husband for Christmas - he loves it..first time he used it he must have told me 20 times that day how close it shaved him - that he hadn't had a shave that close in years - he is happy so I am happy!