5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Electric Shaver with Extras!
So I was on a trip with a few friends and I noticed one of them had this shaver. It was pretty cool looking but obviously the most important thing was if it actually works. I asked my friend how was it and he recommended it, which led to my purchase.

Published on August 22, 2012 by Joseph Leihart

2.0 out of 5 stars Something new for me
Published on September 28, 2012 by SonRise

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Electric Shaver with Extras!, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic ES-SL41-S 3 Blade Men's Electric Razor Wet/Dry with Pop-up Trimmer, Silver (Health and Beauty)

I received the product and after about a week of use, I must say I LOVE it! I've tried using an electric shaver in the past but had bad experiences as it caused bad irritation on my skin but this shaver doesn't give me any irritation yet provides a very close shave. It only takes a few passes to get a complete shave, although 1 pass is fine if i shave often. It's very convenient too as I can shave while showering rather than standing above the sink.

One of my favorite things about the shaver is how easy it is to clean it. Instead of breaking apart the foil and blades, all you have to do is click the water shutters open and let running water go through it. Switch the water shutters close and you're all set to go again with a clean system!

I think the charging stand and carrying holder are pluses and unique in its style. The carrying holder is perfect as I can snap the shaver on it and place it on the side of the tub w.o it slipping and falling.

Overall, I think the product is worth buying. It prevents irritation that I get sometimes from the regular safety blades yet provides a smooth and close shave. What used to take me 3-5 minutes to do (with needed lather), now takes me less than a minute. Definitely worth making the switch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the shower. A bit messy in the car., November 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a small and attractive wet/dry shaver with a small trimmer attachment on the back for sideburns.

There is a charging dock/cradle included.

Wet: This shaver works best in the shower or when wet. You can use shaving cream with it which I highly recommend as it cuts down on shaving irritation and bumps that I seem to only get with electric razors.
The result is a smooth clean shave that doesn't pull at your hairs like some other razors.

Dry: It works well dry but it takes around 3 passes for each area to really get all the hair. I experienced some skin irritation from shaving dry with this razor. Using aftershave helped.

Cleanup: Cleanup is easy as you can totally submerse this thing in water and wash it out.

Cons: If you want to shave in the car or office with this I would warn you about lots of small hairs that fall out of the shaver onto your clothes/desk. After you shave with this you will see a fine residue of tiny hairs on whatever surface you are nearby. If in the car that would mean small hairs on your clothes and in your car.

If you found this review helpful please give it a thumbs up below! thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaves As Well As the More Expensive Model, November 16, 2012
David Hall (Steilacoom, WA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I prefer Panasonic electric shavers for their ease of use, reliability, and quality of shave. I own a top-of-the-line model, which I've used daily for the past two years. It replaced a similarly-priced Panasonic razor, which ALMOST survived a combat tour in Iraq. Because I have owned the higher-end models, I was curious to see how this less-expensive version would perform. I was pleasantly surprised!

The ES-S141S, nicknamed "Milano" for some unknown reason, is much lighter and easier to handle than my other Panasonic. Although the shaver head is smaller, it delivers a shave of equal quality, in slightly less time. One reason is that I can grip the razor like an oversized pen when shaving the back of my mostly bald noggin; It's faster and more efficient that way. I've used this razor a couple of times in the shower, and it performs better than its "big brother". The ports which click open to allow efficient rinsing of the shaver head post-shower are a neat feature.

The bulky charger makes this model less functional for travel. On the other hand, it fits perfectly on my bathroom countertop, and my razor is always fully-charged. Now I just take my old Panasonic with its smaller charging cord along when I'm on the road, and use this sports car of an electric razor while I'm home.

If you are looking for a lightweight, efficient, reasonably-priced electric shaver which will give you as good a shave as the more expensive models, I highly recommend the Panasonic ES-S141. If you are a fan of Panasonic razors, this one will keep you happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars My husband's favorite electric, November 4, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have bought my husband other electric shavers, and at some point they all end up under the bathroom sink. But the Panasonic ES-Sl41-S has the three things needed that will keep him using it everyday. Comfort, convenience, and a close shave.
Other electric shavers irratate and chafe my husband's face. But with this shaver
he can use it in the shower with shower gel on his face and get a smooth, close shave without any irratation. The convenience of the cleaning and charging of this product are one of it's selling points. With the push of a button two shutters open on the shaver and he just holds it under the running water to clean it out. He is already in the shower, it goes right down the drain. No more of him opening up his electric shaver and using that little brush to clean it and leaving all those little hairs on the sink that he never quite gets all cleaned up. And no more cords to plug in to recharge. Just drop the Panasonic ES-Sl41-S into it's holder and it will be charged when he picks it up next. It is the first time he actually enjoys using an electric shaver.

2.0 out of 5 stars Something new for me, September 28, 2012
SonRise (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
I have used Norelco shavers for the last 40+ years. Lately (my last 2 shavers) I have noticed that my shavers have not been able to shave neck hairs. I shave daily, but the neck kept getting shaggy. This Panasonic has slots to cut the longer hairs. The Norelcos used to have slots in their cutters, but the last 2 only have had small holes for the whiskers to go through. I am quite happy with my new Panasonic but it doesn't seem to shave the hairs as close as the Norelco did, 5 o'clock shadow shows up a little earlier. I've been told that it takes a month to get your face acclimated to the shaver, so maybe it'll get better in 2 more weeks....................PS: I've always dry shaved, so that's the way I've been using it, comparing apples to apples!..............PPS: I have now tried a water only shave and shaves with gel, clearly a disapointment, the "5 o'clock shadow" is evident somewhere between 10 and 11 AM, and to top it off, I see that Norelco's shaver heads have gone back to having slots to get the longer whiskers......Oh well, live and learn!...........PPS #2....I've given it 3+ months, finally gave up and ordered a new Norelco AT830.....foil shavers have not worked for me in the past and still don't. Going back to something that'll shave the hair on my neck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic does it again!, December 27, 2012
I decided to move back to an electric razor. I have very sensitive skin, so after reading some online reviews, I came across this electric razor. I had an older model wet/dry from Panasonic about 10 years ago, and I loved it. I opted to buy a less expensive model, and as I read the reviews here, I concur that this bad boy gave me an amazingly close shave the first time.

I use the Nivea shaving cream, it doesn't foam up, with warm water, and this works great. Clean up with the ports (a wonderful idea btw!) makes clean up easy.

I normally don't take time to write reviews, but at $50, this razor is a steal. If you're looking for one - couldn't recommend this one more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Wet/ Dry Shaver Veteran Finally Happy... For Now!, November 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have owned three different Panasonic wet / drys before now. I have a tough beard and sensitive skin so shaving in the shower is a must, and a electric shaver that can be used in the shower is a great idea.

My problems with the old Pana shavers I used were these:

1) poor shave
2) loud buzzsaw noise
3) poor durability - dies a few months after warranty. ( I bought one and got two as gifts. Usually failure right after warranty expires would sour me on a given product / brand.)

The new Milano shaver addresses the first two points competently and convincingly. The Milano shaves me about as cleanly as a Fusion five blade, high praise indeed. It shaves with no irritation and no cuts, and the shave lasts as long or longer than a Fusion shave (i.e. no five o'clock shadow until maybe eight or nine o'clock!). The head does not pivot, so you will have to go over a few trouble spots carefully and sometimes repeatedly (like the chin, and jawline) but I have to do this with a regular blade anyway.

The motor is much quieter than other electrics I have used, especially the Braun 9500 series. The motor spins at only 7.800 rpm, which may account for the lower noise. (Though the shave as mentioned is fine.)

The shaver works fine with gel, foam, or dry. It can be cleaned easily, by sluicing water into the head with two little gates you can open to allow the water to flow out. Pana makes a big deal over how convenient and quick this is, but realistically the old "pop the head off and rinse" system on prior Panas was just as easy and quick.

The razor charges using an induction system, meaning it does not need to have a charging cable plugged into the handle. Instead you place the shaver in the cradle and it charges once placed, assuming you placed it properly. (Look for the bright red light, hard to miss!) Battery life is fine, will last three days on one charge, assuming you shave for 7 minutes once a day like I do.

This model is mid-priced in the Pansaonic wet/dry line. It runs at a slower RPM, does not use a linear system like some other Panas do (not quite sure what that is, nor quite sure that its absence matters), and does not have a pivoting head or digital display. It also does not have any of those idiotic gimmicks like modern Brauns have (the alcohol auto cleaning systems that quintuples the cost of ownership by requiring endless amounts of "QuikEvap" alcohol cartridges). I can't comment as to whether these missing features may be worth more money to you, but to me, this shaver gives me a clean comfortable shave, and feels well-made. I don't think one needs to spend more.

The only clear miss here is the pop-up trimmer. Instead of popping up parallel to the handle (like most modern shavers) Pana has the trimmer blade pop up at a strange 60 degree angle off the back of the handle. This odd angle makes using the trimmer inconvenient and awkward. If a trimmer matters that much to you, you may want to get a separate trimmer and think of this Milano model as only a shaver!

The one great variable is durability. The shaver seems sturdy and Pana now gives you a 2 year warranty, versus the 1 year they gave buyers on models in the past. This suggests confidence on the mfgr's part, but only time will tell. Taking a small motorized device into a hot shower every day and running wet shaving gel through it is quite the test, and I hope this mid-priced Milano will dispel my worries. If it breaks anytime soon, I will be back to amend the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars The decline of the 5 o'clock shadow, October 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Comparing the Panasonic ES-S141-S shaver to my Wahl 4000 Close Shave System & Braun body cruZer5. Out of the box the Panasonic took 15 hours to fully charge, after that I played around with it until I got the hang of it. It did a very good job for an electric razor ... it did get rid of my manly 5 o'clock shadow.

The tri fold blades allowed different aspects of each head to attack hairs from various angles. The pop up trimmer took care of any "strays".

Cleaning the razor is easy - you open the shutters and flush out any debris; or for a more extensive cleaning the foil pops off in the conventional way.

Every shave should get even better, your face does need to get used to a new instrument. But since I saw no problem with day one I am hopeful for a long relationship with the ES-S141-S.

UPDATE: Have used for over a week. Excellent ... even better with shaving cream (though it does a decent job dry).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyday, December 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this razor for my husband to try. He was pretty excited about it since he hates shaving, but after a few days he wasn't so thrilled. He says it's good for a quick job (like when he's running late) or for a Saturday shave when it doesn't really matter, but it doesn't get close enough for everyday use. I asked if I could have it since he doesn't really like it, but he wouldn't give it up. :) So, I guess it works well enough, but doesn't give that close shave that most men prefer.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as expected., November 13, 2013
I don't get clean cut. Same area again and again to complete, but still there are some areas left over. Take a lot time to complete as compared to manual way of shaving.

Sada