Panasonic ES8152NC Rechargeable Pivot Action Pro Curve Wet/Dry AC/RC Men's Shaver with Linear Motor
There is a newer version of this item:
- The first ever 30 degree angle inner blade for the closest shave in the industry
- The 13,000 RPM linear motor provides a smooth and comfortable shave
- Adjustable Pivot Action head with three stage comfort selector adjusts the amount of pivot based on your personal preference.
- Turbo Cleaning Mode for quick and easy cleaning. Press and hold the on/off button to shift from 13,000 RPM to an impressive 17,000 RPM's in this mode.
- 5 stage battery monitor / Automatic voltage Conversion / Cord charging system - 1 hr quick charge
Top Customer Reviews
1. The only diff. betw. the ES8092NC & 8095NC is the color. Gotta ask yourself: How much is the "gold" vs. "silver" worth to you?
2. ES8097A is a model, formerly exclusive to The Sharper Image, which subs the metallic blue color & fancier LCD status window in place of silver/gold & the simple red/green LED indicators, above
3. The new ES8152NC is cheaper than any of the above, because it deletes both the (silly, IMO) LCD of the 8097 & the fancier, induction-based charging system of all the 8090-series shavers. That is, instead of just setting the bottom of the shaver on its charging base, you have to actually plug in a normal elec. cord directly into the shaver in order to recharge it. Woo-hoo.
I have thick and tough stubbles that cheap shavers could not tackle well, but the sharp blades combined with high RPM motor of this shaver mowed them away smoothly. Despite the high RPM, it's the quietest electric shaver I've owned, with very little vibration. The shaver is large, but it's ergonomically designed and very comfortable to hold while shaving.
On the downside, the charging base is made of flimsy plastic that looks ready to crack any second. The poor design of the base also forces you to use two hands when separating the shaver from the charger. Also, in order to maintain the peak performance, you must replace the foil and blade every few months, which are not cheap either. (However, you can order these from Amazon - look up the keyword "WES9006WC".) But no electric shaver is perfect, including this one. I actually use the Mach-3 at the end to 'sandpaper' away the spots that are scratchy to the touch.
I believe Amazon is the best place to buy this shaver. 'Best Buy' carries them, but their price, availability, and model selection are spotty at best. Further, their staff had zero knowledge about shavers.
I am a worst case scenario for an electric razor. This is the closest shaving electric I have ever used and it is the first ever to do a half decent job under my chin along my neck.
It takes a few days to become accustomed to this shaver due to the closeness of the shave you get. Any minor bumps will get shaved away in the process in the beginning, causing minor discomfort, but once you have used the shaver for a few days, you'll be glad you took the time to get used to it. Shaves are extremely close and satisfactory for daily shaving. Until you're used to this shaver, I recommend feeling your face with your hand to recognize areas that weren't shaved as close. I use a fog free mirror and basic shaving foam and love the results I get. My hand is not tired by the time I'm finished shaving, meaning I don't find it too heavy to handle, and it's not as loud as other electric shavers.
The duration of the battery will always vary per individual. I usually get it to last me the entire week before having to recharge it. After placing the shaver on the little charger base, it does take two hands to remove it from there, but I don't have a problem with that like other reviewers do. The unit is fully charged within an hour. I highly recommend this shaver to anyone willing to switch from a blade. I no longer suffer from in-grown hairs while getting an almost "close as a blade" shave.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It worked perfect for me,other than the occasional cleaning all is well here.Published 5 months ago by Keep It Real
Love this razor and it still works after all these years!! and still gives a smooth shave. snap to cleanPublished 9 months ago by wild fish
Shaves fairly well when new and sharp, but blades dull fairly quickly and the shave gets less and less complete fairly soon after starting to use it.Published on November 30, 2013 by Kean O. Zweigle
This is the best shaver i ever owned,the replacement blades and screen is expensive,almost half of what i paid for the shaver. Read morePublished on September 15, 2013 by Neil M. Charles
And it still works like a charm. This is a power work horse made in Japan circa 2005.
Gone are the days when Japan still made affordable, quality electronics. Read more
i have used it for more than five years.
it is good.
but now the battery is not so good now.
I like it and recommend it strongly.
I have bought this model for 2 years in a row. When it goes on sale, its actually cheaper than buying a new set of blade and schreen. Shaves great!!!Published on January 30, 2010 by E. Archuleta
I have this shaver a year and a half. The blades shave quickly and do not pull wiskers. I have had Norelco, Remington, Braun, and other shavers. Read morePublished on January 22, 2008 by Neil Bruce Dinces