5.0 out of 5 stars Never thought I would switch to Panasonic, but here we go ...
Though I owned a pretty good Panasonic video camera in the past, Panasonic's name never associated in my mind with quality photo cameras, but I'm happy I've been proven wrong. I did quite serious research in various DSLRs, 4/3rds, mirror-less APS-C cameras, and ended up choosing G3. It's not the best camera in the world, every camera has its own trade-offs, it's just the...
Published on October 4, 2011 by Gee Smart

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but there are issues
I enjoy using this camera a lot. It has a great deal going for it. Like, for instance, you can set it to Automatic (idiot) mode with a push of a button wherever you happen to be on the dial, and there's more. Unlike with most cameras, with the G3 you can set the camera to a super-auto mode (via the menus), which allows you to tweak three aspects of the auto mode, viz...
Published on June 4, 2012 by Simon Trezise

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, hard to learn., May 10, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G3 16 MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3-Inch Free-Angle Touch-Screen LCD and 14-42mm Lumix G VARIO f/3.5-5.6 Lens (Camera)
This camera have many functions that will make happy to amateur and not so amateur photographers. However the know how takes time. The settings can be changed quickly once you learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pics, December 30, 2013
The camera came in sooner than expected. Great shots when using a tripod. Does not take good action shot. I bought to shoot water falls do the light weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amateurs Viewpoint, October 16, 2013
As an amateur, but passionate photographer, I'll defer the technical discussions to other reviewers. I will say that, however, this is a great camera. It takes amazing photographs and, if you read the manual thoroughly, fairly gently leads you into using some of it's advanced features. And to shell out for this, you really need to get into the more advanced features because, excellent though it is as a point and shoot camera, it really comes into it's own when you start to play with the settings. All my friends ask me to be the official photographer at events now!
Note this is somewhat bigger than a typical point and shoot camera, so if you're buying this to take snaps, you'll need to take this into account.
I love this camera and I have zero regrets about my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect upgrade from my DMC-ZS5- now when I travel the ..., November 1, 2014
Perfect upgrade from my DMC-ZS5- now when I travel the "little" guy is used by my wife- Great pics, great camera

5.0 out of 5 stars This is much more pro than my Lumix GH3, March 5, 2013
At the moment I am enjoying this new camera and learning how to manage all its features. I don't know how to force the flashlight for filling, I mean, set it for shooting always when its open (if anybody knows, please advise me). This device is quicker, sharper and more pro than GH3, wich is a good cam. I love the viewfinder and the detachable screen.

I had a little problem with my package; the seller didn't send the charger and still doesn't reply my claims. In the meanwhile I am using the GH3's charger which is smaller, but I stick the battery with rubber bands and works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix DMC-G3, October 17, 2011
I am extremely pleased with the G3. Easy to use, fantastic pictures. Video quality is excellent. It's really much better than I expected. Even thought the price is high, it's an excellent value, and I highly recommend this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars good not great, March 3, 2014
I have used the g3 for about 1.5yr now and really don't see a size advantage over a full sized dslr camera.
Can't possible put it in any normal pocket, and usually carry a bag to drag this and related equipment around.
On the neck it fits better under a jacket and is lighter, but that is it.
The kit lense is ok, but could benefit from a bit more zoom.
In low light photos are ok, but expect trouble focusing.
Videos and sound are good.
Outdoors is it's forte, but that is true with every digital camera.
Battery life is great if you don't use the lcd monitor, but the view finder leaves something to be desired.
I bought a Lumix LX7 at the same time, and frankly find this camera much more flexable in use and better for indoor photography.
I am an amateur photo nut who has owned many cameras over the years. I don't aspire to greatness. I just want great photos of personal interest. I want the camera to work, not me.
Full sized dslrs are intrusive but my question is this; if you want super photos why stop here? Buy a 24mp machine and face the music.
I gave it 4 stars for the build quality,features and price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture quality, great size, OK lens., December 28, 2012
Picked up this camera as a replacement for my Canon XS. We wanted something with video, and we already had the DMC-GF3 and loved the pictures it took and compact size. The kit lens, like any kit lens, is nice for starting out but not the best option. With the 20mm F2.5, this takes great pictures. The low light responsiveness is not as good as an the APC sensor in the Canon, but far better than point and shoot cameras. The touch screen is fairly responsive and the electronic viewfinder works well even in full sunlight, although it takes a little getting used to.

The body is smaller than full DSLRs, due to the lack of a mirror and smaller sensor. It is not too small to hold firmly, however. My only complaint about the ergonomics is the placement of the button on the back is right where my palm sits during shooting,

For a non-professional photographer like myself, this was an excellent switch; the size and weight difference more than make up for the slightly lower picture quality in low light. Also, the added video features were exactly what I was looking for, and you can't beat the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars the camera is smaller than I expected in a good, October 11, 2014
fast delivery, the camera is smaller than I expected in a good way

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera ever!, December 3, 2012
Best camera ever! I recommend it to everyone! Also out there are a lot of lenses at a accessible price and at a great quality for those who what to play with the focal distances.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›