Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on May 21, 2012
Postives: Easy to use. No frills. Very light and compact. Amazing telephoto. This is a great camera for detective or spying work. OIS works well. Good software for easy upload to YouTube. I uploaded a sample of its 70x optical zoom capability on my YouTube channel "NEOBARONE". Negatives: No remote control. No viewfinder.
on April 18, 2012
I have had this Camera for a few weeks now.It is very claer and easy to use/The software makes a DVD easily and you can have still Pictures in them.Great Compact Camera
on April 22, 2012
The 70X zoom is great. Bought this camera for my wife and she is using it as both a still and video camera.Once I showed her how to operate(she hates to read manuals) the camera she was off and running and showing everything to her friends.The pictures are better than the pictures she got with her phone. I took some excellent nature pictures with it.Very small and easy for my wife to carry in her purse.We think the camera is a great value and would recommend it if you want a small easy to use camera.
on September 18, 2012
I got this camcorder this past week. I tested with a few sample videos and when i transferred the files over from my class 10 hcsd card to my laptop, which i got a year ago. The video quality was all fuzzy. It looked like i shot a video from my 10 year old camcorder. I recorded a sample video with both my camcorder in the 720p and with my smartphone in 720p. The quality was beyond horrible but the video quality from my smartphone was soooo much better and more clear.

I contacted Panasonic and they said it was defective. So i returned it to amazon and got another camcorder thinking the one I had was defective.

The second camcorder had the same issues has the first one. Unless I have the worst luck in the world, this is a horrible camcorder. I will not buy Panasonic for a while because of this.

To me and to others, it seems like Panasonic just upgraded their standard definition camcorder to HD but not actually do any upgrading.
on September 12, 2012
While this camera is easy to use, I regret buying it.
Although the LCD display shows a nice picture the actual results are not good.
The small size of the LCD masks the low quality of the picture.
The picture is not HD. The size in pixels is HD but the picture is almost useless.
Everything is fuzzy to the point where faces are not recognizable.

I have returned the camera and will be shopping for one that delivers on its' claims.
44 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2012
I am a mother of two boys, 6 and 9 years old. I was in the market to buy a camcorder to capture all their special moments. I was looking for something that is HD, small, easy to use with a strong zoom. They have started to play sports, so the camcorder had to be able to zoom in from the stands to capture the action. I was torn between the Samsung F80 and the Panasonic V10. The samsung did not offer the same zoom or optical image stabilizer that the panasonic offered. I have a Panasonic TV at home, and I am very pleased with the quality of their products. So the choice was easy at a great price. The software is easy to use and helps you create videos in minutes. Can't go wrong with this product.
on November 24, 2012
easy to use, awesome zoom level. Transferring files is a snap. My only complaints are that:
- You cannot delete the files from the camera when plugging it directly into a computer. The computer mounts the camera as a read only removable storage device.
The encoding and quality settings on the camera are too high, and cannot be set lower. You cannot set a lower frame rate or vid/audio quality. This means you'll get 1 hour per 3 gig from the camera, and you have to encode after you've moved the file to you 'puter.
on July 29, 2013
This camera records onto a standard SD card in three modes, all in the user friendly Mp4 format that will work on Mac or PC editing software without first needing conversion. The modes are 720x480 60p SD, 960x540 30p iframe and 1280x720 60p HD. The SD mode works as well as SD video gets. The iframe mode is nearly useless. The HD looks only a little better than SD mode but it works well enough to shoot home videos that will be uploaded to YouTube or made into a DVD disk.

Low light capability is about average with some grain coming in on low light shots. This is typical for all camcorders. White balance and exposure are very accurate in the automatic mode. There is a manual override available for iris, focus, white balance and shutter speed, which is quite unusual in this price range.

Sound in the automatic mode is adequate, but it is better using the manual level control. Yes, manual audio control is also unusual in this price range. There is no audio input connector or headphone jack. There is also no light shoe.

The 3500x digital zoom is marketing hype. It's simply unusable. The 100x digital zoom setting is actually usable, but not tack sharp. The 70x optical zoom is clear out to about 60x. Above 60x the optics become hazy around the edges. Still, the high power zoom lens is outstanding in this price range. Most videos are shot between 1 and 10x anyway, simply because with any camcorder, hand holding the camera steady enough above 10x is nearly impossible.

While this might not create the sharpest image you have ever seen, at the used price range, you can own a camcorder that will do the job for home recording and not break your heart if you drop it or lose it.
on December 2, 2012
Don't buy this camera. Videos and pictures are fuzzy and really awful. Easy enough to use and the software seemed fine. But close and far images are very poor.
on July 13, 2013
still messing around with it and will be for a while. you have to read the manual and not just run off with it, there are so many settings and things to learn. i did learn one thing right away i'm closing my blinds after seeing this zoom. software is easy to use, will not play good unless you have a good computer. mine is basic. from what i can tell records nice video. not full HD but 720p not a huge difference as it is to some my tv is HD the programs that are 720 look the same as 1080 not a drastic difference. pictures are nice but you have to be still otherwise blurry, they do make digital cameras get one if you don't like it. the box says camcorder not camera. i live in an apartment so nothing to special to record. going on vacation to my buddies we will be fishing lake Ontario so i will be back to report in a few weeks.