5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my needs
We needed a HD camcorder, but didn't want to spend a lot of money and this item was perfect. We use it to record kids' football games and this is very easy to use, both recording and uploading. The menu is very intuitive. The only drawbacks are:
- You must plug in the camera to charge the battery and it doesn't come with a battery recharging stand
- It's...
Published on November 8, 2011 by M. Yeatts

3.0 out of 5 stars A good camera, but image quality could be better
I decided to return this camera after trying it for a few days. First, the good; the camera is small and easy to hold.
The controls are small (for those in the reading glasses set), but easy to operate. Battery life is good and the 16GB internal storage is adequate for most occasions.
Not so good; The video format is for PC or Mac, not both. I had used the PC...
Published on December 28, 2011 by Alan Gold

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my needs, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Panasonic HDC-TM41H HD Camcorder with 16GB Internal Flash Memory (Electronics)
- It's size(which isn't really a drawback) as it's pretty small and I fear that I will drop it or that it will fall out of my pocket.

This is perfect for what we needed and at a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic HDC-TM41H HD Camcorder with 16GB Internal Flash Memory, December 18, 2011
Length:: 0:42 Mins

I have only had this a few days. Recorded a few school plays and I am satisfied with the quality for what I paid. Will update later.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good camera, but image quality could be better, December 28, 2011
Alan Gold (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Not so good; The video format is for PC or Mac, not both. I had used the PC format and later discovered that my Mac couldn't recognize the movies I had recorded. The included PC software crashed on my Windows XP system. iMovie on the Mac was able to import the movies.
Less Good; the image quality is not that good. For capturing a basic movie it isn't bad, but low lighting conditions don't work well.
As a basic, easy to use camera for occasional use I like this model. The image quality and low lighting issue is what caused me to return it. For a slightly higher price you can do better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I get the same camera as everyone else?, April 1, 2012
I got this camera with the intention of trying it and would probably send it back, but thought, "I should at least give it a try, it's a great price." And I'm actually very confused... did I get the same camera that everyone else was reviewing? It says the same model on the side, and it looks the same, but the performance is leaps and bounds above what everyone is saying.

Last night I used it in a dark room with one small light, because people had said that it was only good in very good lighting. My result: AMAZING VIDEO! I was able to zoom in fully and read stuff under low light situations, even with small writing on it from across the room.

I also tested the audio. I stood across a large room and spoke loud then very quiet, then loud and it picked it up all and was audible. I also had no problem working with the video format in full 1080p HD video in even the most basic free software on both PC and Mac.

I'm not sure if they've redone it since everyone else got theirs, but this one is great! I HIGHLY recommend this. For the price, it really can't be beat. If people want proof, I can post video samples in both high and low light situations with quiet and loud audio. Hats off to Panasonic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality camera, but AVHCD format is not easy to work with, January 24, 2012
4.5 stars -- This camera shoots absolutely dazzling and very gorgeous video in HD in the AVHCD format. The AVCHD format is not easy to work with -- I use Final Cut Pro to log and transfer the footage. If you aren't a video person, this format (which is very common to all manufacturers Canon Sony etc) may cause you problems. This particular model does have the MAC friendly iFrame format which is really just an mpeg file format that is widescreen but not true HD. This camera has no line in jack so you can't plug in an external microphone, but it does have a nice on camera light for filming close-ups of people etc at night. Surprisingly lightweight and physically small. Image stabilization is very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent camera for the money!, May 25, 2012
I bought this camera for our vacation, and the price was right.

The pros:
Ultra light! This camera is really easy to carry, fits in your hand nicely and is small enough to fit into your cupholder in your car. It's also pretty easy to use. Just point, click, and go. I also like the camera snap function. The pictures I took with it came out nice. They're not spectacular, but they still look good. The video I shot with it also looks good. Connection to my PC was easy and transfers were painless. I didn't need to recharge the unit in the time I used it, so battery life wasn't an issue for me.

Cons: My complaints with it are just minor quarks really. I wish it had a rear viewfinder, instead of needing to rely on the panel on the side. Once you get used to this, it's a non-issue, but if you've never had a camera like this before, could throw you off some. Also the zoom switch on the top is reversed to me from what my old camera was, so when I would go to zoom on something, it wouldn't, and I would have to go the other way. Again, once you get used to it, it's a non-issue. The record button seems a little out of place too, but with the size of the camera, it really can't be anywhere else. My only other complaint is I can't seem to get the camera to consistently record to the SD card, it wants to always save to the internal memory, even though I tell it to save to the SD.

Bottom line: I bought this knowing I may not like it, and if I didn't, I would return it. However, the camera has performed great for what I asked from it. The pros I've seen for it outweigh the cons, even though the cons are more personal than an actual negative on the camera itself. If you need a small handheld HD camera, this should fit the bill nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, March 11, 2012
Rick D "Jesus Freak" (Sterling Heights, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I had a miniDV camera and I wanted to upgrade to something that could import the video to my computer easily. I couldn't be happier with this camera! It's easy to use and has the capability to record to a memory card or internal flash. I use a mini-HDMI cable to hook up my camera to my HD tv and the picture is awesome. I'd definitely recommend this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Panasonic Plasma TV, March 11, 2012
Movies load quickly. It is easy to do online updates and it works well with Pansonic TVs. Very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, December 31, 2011
I bought this as a deal and used gift certificates to buy it,a great value. I have recorded video twice and it was easy to use.
I have yet to download video to store in the computer or transfer to a dvd. I have always wanted one of these digital recorders,
I am glad I have it

1.0 out of 5 stars Just no., December 2, 2011
My return label feedback is:

This camera is _terrible_. It corrupts at least 1/3 of movies taken with it. Quality is very very low on those it does transfer. A Canon T2i from Amazon will replace this Panasonic & point and shoot.

So - some people say that "for the money" this is a good camera. No, not it is not - unless you are willing to save money because 1/3 (more, actually, but not 1/2) of your movies are corrupted and cannot be processed by iMovie.

Let's say you can live with that. Can you live with movies that are grainy unless they're taken in direct (and bright!) sunlight? That's the case for me - my movies in a well-lit hotel room are grainy and difficult to see. Doesn't seem HD in the best of cases, either - even in bright light there are visual artifacts that are not charitably blamed on dust.

My Samsung SH-100 (I think the SH stands for an adjective...) takes better pictures and movies, more reliably, at 2/3 the cost.

Uh, battery life is ok. About 2 hours when filming "full HD."

I guess if you operate in a well-lit studio, can be sure not to capture anything you really want to relive as a memory, and don't need more than two hours or so of video that is at a low quality 1080p, this camera is a freaking bargain. Otherwise, use the $250 for it and a spare battery toward a better camera... in my case, it fueled a purchase of the $605 T2i from Canon (which nets out at $355 and comes with a case, lens, lens filter and memory card under the current special at Amazon).

Enjoy your burrito!