4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a cam for action
Works like a charm for I-phone or I-pad, but if you have a Samsung Galaxy smartphone , it is a no-go. It will NOT link with my galaxy3 at all, so beware if that's your only phone. Hopefully that bug will get fixed sometime.
Published 20 months ago by David D. Deibert

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for YouTube & Web Videos, Terrible for Viewing on HDTV
Published 12 months ago by SoCal Amateur Photographers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a cam for action, April 29, 2013
David D. Deibert "Ddd" (Huntingdon Valley, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic HX-A100 HD Wearable Action Camera Digital Camcorder (Black) (Camera)
Very uncomfortable head wear mount for me. I will be making a mount of my own to suit my needs. The performance of the cam is otherwise flawless. A great on-the-go camera that lets you forget it is along for the ride.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wearable Camera, April 19, 2013
Want a neat, rugged little camera which takes big HD pictures? This is really it. A 32 gig micro-SDHC card will get you close to 4 hours of MP4 video. The provided head mount sucks but that can be quickly overcome by velcro straps to your glasses. Long battery life and live wi-fi to the iphone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for YouTube & Web Videos, Terrible for Viewing on HDTV, January 1, 2014
As a loyal Panasonic photo/video products fan and experienced user (incl. the company's MFT cameras and lenses) I think this camera is a disappointing contender in a market dominated by GoPro, in spite of clever product design and iOS device connectivity. In summary: The video quality is not up-to-par for viewing on a large HDTV and the item is too expensive compared to the EXCELLENT Polaroid XS100, which delivers full 1080p w/a 16MP sensor and is priced $100 to $150 less (purchased mine from Amazon for $99 on Dec. 4, 2013). As a parent of two children that I constantly have to chase around, I wanted a full HD video camera to record precious play time but that would also free up my two hands and not make me look ridiculous (like having to mount a GoPro on my forehead or chest while at Disneyland). Videos recorded on this device look fine if posted to a web site for viewing on a small screen. But this is NOT the camera for recording family videos that you want to view later on the big screen TV. Keep in mind the sensor tops out at 3.32 megapixels (by comparison the iPhone 5 has an 8MP sensor). I give it 3 stars because of its innovative design: dustproof, waterproof, unobtrusive, and connects wirelessly to the iPhone via app for live viewfinder function and camera controls. (Tip: I found that by "renewing the lease" of the WiFi connection between the iPhone and this device each time prior to using ensures a firm connection)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, stealthy POV Camera!, November 6, 2013
C. Thorne (Glen Ellyn, IL) - See all my reviews
For the most part, it is well thought out, I just wish it had its own Remote like the GoPro, it uses smart phone apps to do all of the setting up of the settings, like turning off the button sounds, whether it is in normal view or in wide angle or video resolution. On the other side, it is like snake, so the head set is the best way to use it unless you have a helmet... Then there is a helmet attachment.

This device can be turned on remotely using a smartphone.

Using their tripod attachment and a bowrail I can turn this item into a bow camera for hunting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the luddite, July 20, 2013
This review is about the user interface, not the performance of the camera.

I bought this camera to record some fishing trips. A simple project I thought.

This is a typical Panasonic product: lots of good hardware engineering but a confusing, infuriating user interface.
I am not as tech savvy as many others. The printed manual is full of acronyms completely lost on me. Topics seem in random order. Finally I figured out that the only way to set up & use the camera is from an Apple or Android WIFI device (smartphone or tablet) and download the Panasonic Image App. If you just have a PC or Windows laptop, it won't work for you. In order to change resolution etc you need to access the camera thru the WIFI device. Or to delete videos off the card. If you just have a PC or Windows laptop, it won't work for you.

The camera comes with a MS Windows program to copy and play the videos to your computer (But not set up the camera. Why not???). It is supposed to let you edit your videos, but the editing tools don't work on my computer (WIndows XP). Just says sorry, can't do. Video files are .mp4, which are not editable by MS Movie Maker, so now I'm looking for an editor.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a "point and shoot" video recorder that's simple to use, and are not really tech savvy, this thing might be more trouble than its worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good video quality, awesome POV., September 12, 2013
I did a lot of research, and chose this after side by side comparison video found on Youtube. The choice came down to the Sony and Pani since their Video capture quality was much more superior to the others. It makes sense considering Sony and Pani have tons of chips laying around from their hug video recording offerings for consumers and professionals. The headstrap is perfect for "day-in-the-life" blog style video. It is very secure. The cord is a bit short, but the other end of the spectrum would be to have a cord that is too long and clumsy so I prefer the length as is. It's not meant to dive into an ocean with, and that was not my priority when chosing this format camera. I am very happy with the build quality, video quality, sound quality, and FOV/POV. Dont regret buying this to add to my collection of photo/video gear at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, December 31, 2013
Works great. Just love it. I use it to record my daughters volleyball. Would highly recommend this to anyone who likes hands free recording

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wearable cam!, October 10, 2013
AJ (United States) - See all my reviews
Just got this cam and love it! The headset is comfortable and even fits well with my bicycle helmet. The video quality is excellent and the wind noise function actually does reduce the wind noise, as advertised. It did, however, pick up my breathing while riding. LOL The armband fits well and, like the band that fits your head, comes with an extension should you need it. The armband, and headset were comfortable during my entire 40 mile ride. Having the controls, on my arm, to start and stop recording were nice. I will be using this anywhere (driving, biking, running, walking etc.) I would like to record video.
The, included manual was not useful, in setting this up with my iPhone 5s. I had to go here in order to set it up: [...]
The step by step instructions found here were very useful. After setting it up through the information I obtained here, I was up and running! I like the integration with the IOS app. Once it's set up, unless I need to see the live feed, all I need to do is press the record or camera button. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a moderately priced, good quality wearable cam. However, if you don't desire the IOS or smartphone integration you may want to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy little camera, May 28, 2014
John C (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a camera to take on vacation and decided to go with this one. I did not want to spend my whole time behind a view finder. The head mount is a little uncomfortable but that might be due to the shape of my head. The battery life is fairly good for all that it does. When it is set to streaming, it really drains the battery fast. The picture quality is really great for a fixed lens, zoom is out of the question. The sound quality is just ok, except for the wearer. Then it picks up everything even breathing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera! Superb functions! Difficult to use., March 11, 2014
The Camera is great. Really. In my opinion it is also safer to have a camera by the side than to mount on your forehead in case of impact.

The view the camera captures looks good to me and I think the functionality is great (wifi connectivity, over the web viewing etc).

One thing that I find difficult is to learn to use the camera. I only learn how to use the functions after a few uses to be able to take the nice POV videos and the automated timed shots.

In terms of battery life, it lasts only about half a day (or about 160-70 shots for a per minute per shot).

But once you learn how to use it, it is really a cool gadget to have!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›