Panasonic KX-MB1520 Monochrome Printer with Scanner and Fax
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Flatbed Scanner
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
+ Easy Setup; quick and flawless on my Win 7 HP PC
+ Fast Printing; quick laser printing
+ Good Features; good scanning software, easy to use Fax functionality, and easy to make quick copies
+ Good Print quality; good detail and image quality
+ Good Scan/Copy Quality; makes decent copies and supports multiple resolutions as needed
- No document feeder makes multiple page scanning, copying, and Faxing cumbersome
- Small starter cartridge, will need to replace with a regular cartridge
* Black & White printing only
* No USB cable included
* No network support
This is a good choice for a basic multifunction device that works well for single user and small business needs.
Recommended, with the caveats above.
The tray could be sturdier but it held quite a big stack of paper (more than my other printer). I was able to magnify and expand one page into multiple ones, combine many pages into one (really nicely) and most easily, using the "Quick ID Copy" feature, copy a 2-sided credit card on one page without having to take the output page and feed it through again. There is no feeder, only a flat bed, which can be a problem for large documents.
I noticed that in printing photographs you cannot see too much detail especially in the dark areas, so I guess the contrast could be better. Overall, this is a great product for a home office where volume is low and not an issue.
Even though the initial cost is relatively cheap, it loses some utility because it isn't network-capable; it doesn't support Ethernet or Wi-Fi. This really limits its usefulness and pigeon-holes it for light duty use on a desk next to a single PC. To make matters worse, the toner is hard to find and expensive. If you need something very basic and compact, it might be worth the cost, but for most people, I think there are better options.
I really do like this printer, but it isn't replacing my big workhorse of a laser printer. It's attached to a little-used laptop that's off the beaten path. The good news is that it's got a small footprint, about 15" x 14" x 8", so it doesn't take much space. There's no output tray to stick out into a walkway, since the output is stored just below the scan bed. Right now this printer is on a table that's been too small to use for anything else, and it's tucked into a corner, out of the way.
* Multi-function in a compact form factor.
* Copy quality is acceptable--not the best I've ever seen, but quite clear enough for most tasks.
* Scan quality is good enough for routine tasks. Professional photographers won't be replacing their scanners with this, but for most documents or snapshots it's fine. Max resolution is 600 dpi.
* All the functions I normally need seem to be buttons on the front of the device, which means I don't have to scroll through menus to find them. For me this is a huge improvement over my old Epson multi-function (insert curse words here.)
* Prints very nearly 19 plain text pages per minute.
* Setup was quick and easy.
* Included software is pretty easy to use.
* No networking.
* Does not print duplex.
* Paper tray only holds 150 pages.
* Flimsy paper tray, can be fussy about feeding in paper. Some gentle percussive maintenance seems to fix the problem.
* Two line display is not illuminated and is difficult to read.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has worked really well for me. No color and infinitely less hassle!Published 12 months ago by tay
The entire machine just isn't practical. You have to scan before you fax, there is no paper loading tray. Everything is a hast,e. Read morePublished on September 1, 2012 by Adr
I titled my review "another great fax machine from Panasonic" for two reasons. First of all, Panasonic has always made the easiest to use fax machines in my experience. Read morePublished on March 21, 2012 by Johnny Lemonhead
This Panasonic Laser comes with enough bells and whistles to make you wonder at the price since it's so low.
But don't let that deter you. Read more
This is kind of noisy and I thought that the paper tray was cheap feeling. It's easy enough to use and it prints rather quickly, that's great. Read morePublished on February 27, 2012 by LilTuscany
Reviewing this product is difficult, because it does a number of things. However, it does all of them in the same way -- just well enough. Read morePublished on February 23, 2012 by Nerd Alert