Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic KX-MC6040 Color Multi-Function Laser Printer
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

50%
50%

on March 7, 2012
This printer replaced an HP Laserjet 2840. At first I almost returned it because even though they say it does duplexing, it requires a separate unit for an additional $130 or so. The machine will actually manually duplex which they also don't tell you.

I am a Mary Kay director and publish an 8 - 10 page double sided newsletter each month which is my biggest job. I did need technical support to get the duplexing unit working for B & W copies (my husband didn't do it on installation) and found the "english" speaking person at Panasonic very helpful. She was commited to getting my system going. I was impressed at how fast this system is especially for double sided color copies with clip art. There's hardly any delay before it prints.

I've only used it for one month's newsletters and it worked great. There were no jams or misfeeds and it even collates as it goes. The double sided color newsletters were done faster than my HP did one side. The color saturation and tones are also very good.

I only have two complaints: I miss the auxillary tray that my HP had. It was handy for printing postage or when I wanted to reuse paper that was printed on one side. I was also not impressed with the owners manual. I thought it was difficult to follow. It sure would nice if you could get a printed manual when you purchase a printer. They only give you starter ink and expect you to print the manual!
on December 19, 2011
Generally good performance for this printer, though it had a few shortcomings I couldn't live with. The scnner function couldn't handle multiple pages on the glass - each page had to be saved as a separate file. Also, the first page of printing and copying was inordinately long. It did not accept certain types of envelopes and labels (heat sensitivity?), and the ADF tended to grab several pages at once when scanning.