5.0 out of 5 stars Good headset for cellphones too
After trying several Bluetooth wireless headsets for my cellphone that made my voice sound soft and distant to callers, I decided to try a wired one instead. This Panasonic totally rocks with my cellphone!

Published on September 8, 2006 by T. Tom

1.0 out of 5 stars this headset breaks easily
Like others, I found that this headset worked for only a short time. Then I found that while I could hear the person I was calling, they couldn't hear me.

Published on March 23, 2005 by Louise Penberthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headset for cellphones too, September 8, 2006
T. Tom (SF Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

The mic is right next to your mouth so you have way better voice quality than a headset that puts the mic way up by your ear. Further, eliminating the Bluetooth adds some quality and volume to the setup as well, not to mention better cellphone battery life. I can even use this headset with my cordless phone too.

I like how this headset folds up and even though it's a bit bulkier than a tiny little Bluetooth one, the quality and in call experience with it are far better. Callers are amazed that I'm even talking on a cellphone now whereas before they always said I was cutting out and sounds crappy. Now they rave at how good I sound and can't even tell I'm on my cellphone.

1.0 out of 5 stars this headset breaks easily, March 23, 2005

So I opened up the earpiece and found the problem: a wire had broken off the small chip that serves as the connection point between the mouthpiece and the earpiece. I soldered it back on, and the headset worked again.

In a week or two the same thing happened. I had to re-solder it.

The third time, I tried soldering it again, but more wires had broken off and I just gave up.

The problem seems to come from moving the mouthpiece. It CAN be twisted all around, but apparently that pulls on the wires inside and that's what breaks them off.

From what other people have described, I think this was what caused the problem they had.

I was happy enough with the headset itself -- when it worked, which wasn't for long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for the money, April 11, 2007
I have used this model headset for 5 years. I am on the phone for work all day every day. I put the headset on at 7 am and often don't take it off till 5 pm. I'm not sure why some others have had a problem with it. Perhaps it does matter what phone you have. I use it with a cordless v-tech as well as a cordless AT&T. I've used more expensive headsets, but I like this the best. The mute button is useless, but I have a mute button on my phones so I don't need one. The headset is comfortable, the mike is great and people say I sound good. I've gone through several of these headsets. They last for about 2-3 years (of everyday use). Some of them I've accidently broken and others have all of sudden not worked well (people say they can't hear me). But that's after YEARS of use. I keep two around (one for me for work, one for the rest of the family), and I always have a new one on the shelf in case one breaks. For this price it is a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound., February 21, 2005
Philip Lipton (Ketchum, Idaho United States) - See all my reviews
In my experience, headsets need to match the phone you want to use them with. This headset works well with my Uniden phone ( PowerMax 5.8 ghz, 2 line). My voice is clear to the people I call. The volume in the ear piece is louder than with any other headset I have tried. The quality of the sound is acceptable but it lacks "richness".

This is a new unit for me and I can not address the reliability issue that other reviewers mention. I have found most headsets to be delicate and easily broken. The $16.00 dollar price at Amazon is better than full price at Office Max but it is still a dispoable item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Fit, Clear Sound, but Very Low Output, August 5, 2007
I purchased this telephone headset for my wife, to use with our Panasonic 5.8 GHz cordless telephone system. We have had it now for several weeks and our opinion of this device is a bit mixed. The headset fits well and is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. The incoming sound (through the ear speaker) is very clear and has great tonal quality. Our only complaint is that the microphone output is quite low. People on the other end of our calls can barely hear us at times. We thought maybe we had a defective headset so we purchased another one. The results were the same. We have even replaced our Panasonic telephone system, since we purhcased this headset, with another Panasonic model. People still complain that they can barely hear us when talking with us while we are using the heaset. I would have thought that Panasonic would have done a better job at matching their headset with their phone systems. Either that or they need to provide a variable output control for their headsets, to allow for more powerful outgoing volume from the microphone. Hopefully Panasonic will consider adding this feature on their future headsets.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased, October 30, 2003
David T. Johnson (Los Gatos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Nearly everyone that my wife and I spoke with, using this headset in combination with a compatible Panasonic phone, complained that is was difficult to hear us. If you shift the mic boom all the way over in front of your mouth, it helps dramatically, but then the earpiece is just about on your temple. Called Panasonic Customer Service and did not receive any technical help. I was just given an address and told to send it in. This would require that "I" have the responsibility and cost of mailing this thing off, with a written letter explaining the problem, with no assurance that it's either a technical problem or just a poor design. Not a very conclusive response for a simple piece of technology. Bummer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great, While it worked!!, December 13, 2004
I loved this headset while it worked. Fit great. Loved the mute feature. It lasted about 3 months and quit. Couldn't hear anything. Tried to take it back to retailer. Wouldn't do anything for me, said I should have bought the extended warranty. Yea, right!! On a $30 item!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't choose any other headset!, January 7, 2007
I've been using this brand and model for years, and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. I have a home business and use the phone a good bit. When I first found the need for a headset I experimented with probably a dozen different ones in the first year. Why a dozen different ones? BECAUSE THEY KEPT BREAKING!

All the headsets I tried would stop working in just a few months, a couple in as little as a month. Or their peices would start to fall off. The ear pieces would fall off the headset, the cords would fray, etc. Others just had impossible sound quality... or lack thereof. I'd put them on and either I couldn't hear the other person, they couldn't hear me or both!

What a difference when I found this headset! The mouthpiece can be flipped so you can use your left or right ear comfortably. The piece is well made and durable. I dropped it a few times, my young child uses it and pulls it off her head funny, but it survives. I can hear the other people just fine and they can hear me so well they don't even know I am on a headset! It cancels background noise for a clearer sound, has a mute button, and a nice long cord so you can reach for things or attach it to your belt without being in danger of having the headset yanked off your head with one wrong move.

I've been through a few of them since I got my first one. It lasts about a year, but I can tell you from personal experience that is far superior to most. So I replace it about once a year and I always get the exact same model. I wasted too much money shopping around, I plan on sticking to this one indefinitely.

2.0 out of 5 stars People can hear me but I sound lousy, March 27, 2004
I'm likely to return this headset.
I tried it out when calling some friends, and unanimously here were the results:
- Using just the cordless phone WITHOUT the headset: "Man, you sound great. I gotta get that phone..."
- Using the cordless phone WITH the headset: "Ugh... um... I can hear you I guess, but you sound echo'y or in a tunnel... muffled. It's okay, but the other's much better!"
As you might guess, this certainly isn't acceptable, although I suppose in a pinch it'd do when waiting on hold for a customer service person or something.
I'm hoping that there are far better, clearer options out there that don't cost me an arm and a leg!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this head set!, November 14, 2003
xphysicist (Los Gatos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I agree with the previous reviewer. I went through the
same path. Panasonic told me to send it in. People can't hear
you when you use this headset. I have the latest
Panasonic phones that are supposed to be compatible with this headset; Panasonic customer service verified that.
Too expensive and doesn't even do the job. Must admit that
I have never had a problem with any Panasonic equipment
ever, and I have quite a bit of it. So I am bummed at having
spent ~$30 and feel like it is a complete waste. I did not
want Panasonic to just replace my unit without giving me
some more data as to whether it was really defective,
or they had complaints from other customers having a
similar problem- in all fairness that would have helped.
This is not worth the cost of mailing it back in.