3,103 Reviews
 (1,605)

5.0 out of 5 stars if you have a Panasonic cordless phone, you NEED this!
Published on September 25, 2003 by Connie Chun

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but breaks easily
Published on November 3, 2005 by freddiegriggs

5.0 out of 5 stars if you have a Panasonic cordless phone, you NEED this!, September 25, 2003
Connie Chun (Oakland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TCA60 Hands-Free Headset with Comfort Fit Headband for Use with Cordless Phones (Office Product)
Don't bother with the fancier models of the Panasonic headsets. This bare-bones model has all you need. So it doesn't have volume adjustment or a mute button. Who cares? Your phone should already have those features. Besides, that redundancy would weigh down the entire unit. Also, this headset is very inexpensive to own, so those unnecessary features would drive up the price, which would not be a good thing.
If you own a Panasonic cordless phone, this headset works best with these phones. I own many Plantronics-brand headsets, which are excellent on my cell phone, but horrible on my Panasonic cordless phone. Callers constantly complain that I sound very far away. But then I bought this Panasonic-brand headset and callers hear me very clearly. Ordinarily, I'd be annoyed at having had to buy an additional headset for my Panasonic phone, but it was so cheap that I really don't mind. Now I've got an extra headset that I can use in my car! An added bonus is that this Panasonic also works really well with my cell phone, so if I had to choose one, I'd ditch my more more expensive Plantronics headset since that only works well on the cell. But, it's important to note that the Panasonic headset is not that portable so I'm not throwing away anything just yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best monaural headset you can get--but not very durable, November 30, 2004
ChurchOfJesusChrist.Net (Southern Republik of California, USA) - See all my reviews
I am very particular about headsets. This Panasonic headset has been my favorite headset ever, and I own at least 13 headsets (really). Unfortunately, mine developed a bad/intermittent contact somewhere, but I go through headsets like bottled water (only 6 of mine work). I bought another because I couldn't stand using my 'backups' anymore. I recommended it to 2 friends, and theirs are going strong, but they use theirs less. I use my headsets hard, often hours a day.

The leatherette earpad is comfortable, and will not wear out & need to be replaced like foam covers will. This one has a good-length boom and mic gain. People don't say, "What? Talk louder." with this headset, and they like the way my voice sounds; in fact, I believe it is the same mic element in my older high-end (nice-sounding) KX-TC series Panasonic phone, because people can't tell a difference when I switch over. Receiving sound is also very good; not too weak or too strong, but if I had to choose, a little on the stronger/efficient side, which most people prefer.

The headset doesn't feel delicate, but I guess it is, or at least some internal wiring is, as poor durability is reported. It's not an excuse, but you ~could~ buy 2 or 3 of these for the same price as more expensive models (even Panasonic) and still not get a headset as good-sounding or as comfortable.

I have ruined headsets by rotating the mic to get it pointed more towards my mouth (I don't mean bending the boom). Don't do that. If you pull off the foam windscreen, you will notice that the mic is at a 45 deg angle when it is facing your mouth. This is actually proper from a sound engineering aspect.

Everything which makes this headset larger, 'clunkier', 'mid school', 'unattractive', or 'uncool', or its lack of collapsibility serves to your advantage for good sound and comfort. Due to its size, it's not ideal to bring along for cellphone use, but if you do, while you have it on, you will be well-served.

Like the previous reviewer, I have used/owned Plantronics (not Panasonic) headsets and they do not work well in my Panasonic and other home phones. The (Plantronics--I've used 3) mics simply do not produce enough gain, and the booms do not come out far enough to the mouth. So I use them as backups. Plantronics used to be the expensive quality leader, but their quality seems to have suffered in recent years, and prices remain high. Panasonic has been the only brand to consistently do right by me on many products.

Amzn price on this item fluctuates. Anything in the low tens is a great price online, anything in the mid tens is the best price you'll see in a store, and the high tens is typical store price.

This has a 2.5mm mini-plug for use in cell and home phones, not computer sound cards. Headsets are made in China, like everything else we depend on.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic headset, August 30, 2004
I am using mine with a GE 26977GE6 phone, which came with a somewhat uncomfortable street-style headset. The Panasonic KX-TCA60 headset is much louder and clearer. I did not realize how poor the stock headset was until I tried these Panasonics. My only problem with these is that the volume is a bit too loud, even at the lowest phone volume. Otherwise, this headset is great.

Update May 2009:
After many years I'm still using these. A couple have broken on me with no easy way to fix them, but they are cheap enough to be considered a disposable product. These days I have a second pair on standby because I'm pretty sure I'll snap the headband on my current pair eventually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!! best damn headset ever, August 23, 2006
Excellent reception on my end, and the folks on the other end always say I sound loud and clear. What more could you want? Oh yeah, it's very comfortable too! Believe me, I've tried lots of headsets, and the quality on this Panny set blows away every other one I've tried -- and the price/value ratio is just off the charts.

I just ordered my sixth set. I use them on my home cordless phones and on my cellphones. I've given a couple away to friends, like the gideons give away bibles -- because I'm a true believer! I keep two in the house (one for each cordless phone -- makes for some awesome conference calls) and one in the car for the cellphone, and one for a spare just in case, because I don't want to live without them!

Honestly, I'd gladly pay $40 for a set this quality. To get it at this price makes me believe that all may be right in the universe after all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but breaks easily, November 3, 2005
This headset sounds good but breaks very easily. Some other Panasonic models share this "feature". Mine worked well for a couple of weeks and then the mic went out (I can hear people b ut they can't hear me). Other people have explained that if you rotate the microphone it puts stress on the wires inside and can cause them to break. Four stars for sound quality, one star for durability.

Bottom line -- it sounds good for the money but don't swivel the mic!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT HEADSET, FOR PHONE OR CELL!, January 23, 2006
I have a set, my dad has a set, my mom has a set... We all love it! My parents use their's mainly on their home cordless phones. I use mine for my cell when I'm driving.

The headset doesn't hurt your ears and produces great sound. The microphone picks up your voice great --> one recommendation though, there is NO NEED to put the mic 2 inches from your mouth... it does just fine extended at full length from your face. I've been told that the person listening on the other end hears my quite clearly with this headset. I've read that they break easily, but we haven't broke any of ours. I'm sure it would if you pulled hard enough. BUT I don't think it is made cheaply. It shouldn't break with everyday use.

Pros: Affordable! Comfortable, good reception, good speaker, Great for most cell phones.

Cons: None significant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, November 4, 2005
Amazon Customer (Baltimore Metro Area, USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this headset for a couple months now. I had a Jabra earpiece that broke right away, so I looked for something with less shoddy quality at a low price. The reviews here were good, and for under $9 I figured it was worth a try. It works fine, and I certainly don't treat it gently, so I'm surprised by the reviewers that say it breaks easily. It rides around in my car, sometimes under a briefcase, sometimes carelessly tossed in the back, and sat on at least once. No problems whatsoever yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still great..., March 22, 2004
By A Customer
I wrote the review below. I tried the Panasonic model KX-TCA86 headset (which is more expensive) and found it to have lower sound quality than the KX-TCA60. I am very particular about sound quality as I am a sound engineer. I can assure you that the KX-TCA60 is one of the best sounding headsets around. Another reviewer complained about the size of the microphone and wind-screen. I find it acceptable and it is probably one of the main reasons this headset sounds good. (In general microphones with bigger diaphragms sound better.)
For the price this headset is very hard to beat, if not impossible. If it breaks you're out ~$10. Big deal, buy another one. You could buy several and still spend less money than a fancier headset that probably doesn't sound as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Certain Sized Heads - Medium, November 15, 2005
This is a comfortable, sturdy, high quality sounding headset for a good low price. It is my third and so far favorite headset for my home phone (at half the price). I'm using it w/ the Panasonic phone i just bought. I move, it doesn't. I can strut around the house like Madonna on tour and never have to adjust it. I stuff it in drawers and it pops right back when I extract it. It has a comfortable cushy ear piece. People don't complain that I sound distant. The only problem I could forsee is it doesn't seem really adjustable for people with larger heads. I have a medium sized head and if you do too, this may be the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice; works with my wire and wireless phone, July 30, 2006
Works well with both my Panasonic wireless and with my AT&T desk phone. Easy to use, good quality, everything I'd like and very inexpensive. Highly recommended.

You can't beat the "value for dollar"