2.0 out of 5 stars Nice features but major hiss, November 17, 2003
O. Alhafidh "Omar" (Aliso Viejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG2258PW 2.4 GHz Digital Cordless Phone with Answering System and Talking Caller ID (White and Black) (Office Product)
I bought this a few weeks ago and expected it to provide the same if not better quality than my old 900MHz Panasonic, which started dying prematurely after 3 years of little use, but I was surprised to find this phone to be worse than my old one. There's a constant loud hiss that can be heard when using the phone. I tested it against another 900MHz Panasonic at home and validated that it wasn't the phone line. In addition, the same loud hiss can be heard even with the intercom feature. I really like the built in lcd in the handset, which allows easy access to recently dialed numbers and a phone book but the quality of the call is more important to me than the features however nice they are; after all it is a phone! I'm not sure what to move on to now since it doesn't seem that manufacturers make 900Mhz anymore... oh well, the search continues.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, January 22, 2004
R. Segerstrom (Catania, Sicily) - See all my reviews
I am very dissapointed with the transmitting and receiving range of the phone. The reception quality begins to degrade at about 25 feet. I can not use the phone at the opposite end of my small house! The voice quality is fair to good. I have been a die-hard Panasonic fan for years but after this and a seperate purchase of an unrelated Panasonic product (alarm clock) that I am dissapointed with, I am beginning to question all their products.

Rate and Discover Movies