5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Basics
I have had several of Panasonic's phones over the last eight or more years. The last one we had was color screen and bells and whistles that although pretty to look at took away some of the functionality of the phone. Specifically, when you use a color screen it eats up memory and can cause issues with holding a charge.

The title of this says it all. The new...
Published on July 16, 2010 by Stanley Baker

2.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy if you use speakerphone a lot -- Read Why
In many respects, this Panasonic phone system is great. It uses AAA NiMH batteries that you can replace yourself, thereby avoiding the outrageous cost of replacement "special" batteries required by many phones (if, indeed, you can find the battery in stock).

Published on August 26, 2011 by Jim in Nashville

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Basics, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6532B Digital Cordless Phone with Answering System, Black, 2 Handsets (Office Product)

The title of this says it all. The new phone I have had ab out a month perhaps 6 weeks is truly better, more functional, holds more names, and the screen although not color is much easier to see and use because the lettering is larger and the blue lettering on a whitish blue surface is a winner.

One other very important point; I bought the plus version of this phone. There are two versions. The other is less expensive and does not have the range nor clarity of this unit. It is well worth the extra $10.00 or so dollars.

The contrast and the appearance in general is very pleasing. The bells and whistles are still there and more but they are much easier to get at as they useful. 50 names and numbers. Sound functions and musical rings are better. The sound quality is fantastic and the ability to set the volume while is use is great. There is nothing worse than a ring that is not wanted and no way to change it. You can do both and easily to boot.

I had to come back because I missed one of the most if not the most important additions to this and all Panasonic phones of recent make. The dial and phone are lighted so it is easy and functional in the dark. I add this because all previous models did not have the lighted keypad, phone. This is an incredibly useful feature.

One last point, It is expandable up to six phones

I gave it 5 out of 5 stars because of the price but also because of how much better and functional it is compared to any other phone I have used and believe me we have used a lot of different phones so to say of all the phones we have had this is the best it is not said lightly.

I would grab this without hesitation as long as what you want is a phone that does what you want when you want it and you do not care to have pretty pictures in place of the excellent sound, appearance and all around usefulness of this Panasonic phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it a lot., July 19, 2010
I have had this phone for about 1 week. The 1st thing I did was charge both handsets for about 8hrs(do not unplug your old phone until these are fully charged). This phone is extremely easy to setup and program, it took me longer to write down all the numbers from my old phone. I did not even have to use the manual to program. Once that was done I flipped thru the manual and it has a ton of quick codes if you do not feel like going thru the menu on the handset. I love the call block feature, even though I am on the no call list I still get annoying telemarketing calls. The lighted keypad and being able to access VM via handset is fantastic. The talking caller ID is ok, I have to laugh b/c the automated voice sounds funny when someone calls and they have a hard to pronounce name but you have the option to turn it off if you want. It has some interesting ring tones. The sound is very clear but I have noticed if the volume is up to high I get a bit of echo/feedback from my TV and voices of other people in the room with me(hence the 4 stars). I usually keep the volume low anyway but my son had used it earlier and had it cranked all the way up. If you are hard of hearing and have to put the volume all the way up you may not even notice it. It states battery performance is 13hrs continuous talk time or 11dys standby, I can't comment on this b/c I put it back on the base every night before I go to bed. It also has a icon on screen to see the battery level which I absolutely love, my old phone would just start to beep and you had about 5 beeps to run and get the other handset before it died. I also like that it uses rechargeable AAA batteries. Overall this is a really nice phone and I feel the size of the handset is just right not to big, not to small.

UPDATE***
10/3/2010

I have had no problems with these phones. I left the handset off the base to see how long it would hold a charge and it is about 7 days with daily use. It was down to 1 bar on the battery icon and it had not began to blink so I am guessing I could have gone another 2 days before needing to charge. I have really grown to love this phone and its many features but I especially love being able to block unwanted calls. Also some more info on the talking caller ID, if you have the # programmed in the phone it will say the name you have programmed in w/it, for example when my daughter calls and it says her 1st name even though the caller ID comes up under mine and her dad's name.

UPDATE****
10/18/11

Well is has been a year and I am still loving this phone, I added another handset to it and it was a breeze to sync up with base. Battery life is going strong. So glad I bought this.

UPDATE****
7/19/12

Still runnig on original batteries I also am getting the same amount of use between chargings as when it was brand new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cordless in the market!!!!!!, July 31, 2010
I have had this phone for a month and I really want to write a review because the detail description doesn't tell us any thing much but it actually has a lot of features that other companies do not make. I owned many cordless phones so far but this is far better than others.

1. The phone uses the AAA rechargeable batteries NiMH. It can be replaced with any AAA NiMH batteries. I replaced mine with the higher capacity of NiMH batteries so it lasts even longer. The phone claims for 13 hours talk time. I never clock when I talk but it lasts very long time. And unlike other brands that we have to use only the manufacturer's batteries made for that phone.

2. Headphone Jack.....Bingo!! Finally I found a cordless phone with a headphone jack. Again no other brands make it and I don't know why but here I got it. It works absolutely perfect with a Panasonic headset. Sound is very clear.

3. Battery indicator.....My Vtech phones show a level of battery only while it's being charged but this Panasonic, the indicator shows the battery level all the time.

4. It speaks the phone number out loud when there is an incoming call.

Bottom line because of the first two reasons above, this will be my last cordless phone I ever bought since the batteries can be replaced with the regular rechargeable AAA NiMH. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP DATE: Nov 21, 2010

Just bought one more for other in the family. After 4 months of usage it has proved that this is the greatest cordless phone as I expected. Never disappointed me. Using regular rechargeable AAA means Saving Money!!

I use this phone with Panasonic headset every day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy if you use speakerphone a lot -- Read Why, August 26, 2011
Jim in Nashville (Nashville, TN, USA) - See all my reviews

The voice call display feature is a scream. It mispronounces virtually every caller's name in ways that are difficult to anticipate but genuinely funny.

But the one problem that trumps any of the phone's good qualities is the way the Speakerphone works. If you like to talk to friends and family with hands free on speakerphone, you will NOT want this phone! Here is why. In normal conversation, people interject. You'll be talking and your friend will jump in. With the Panasonic "feature", only one person can talk and be heard at once. Say, for example, your friend is in the middle of a long sentence and your other phone rings. You try to tell him "Hold on Fred." Except he will not hear you. The Panasonic phone automatically squelches one conversation if sound is coming in from the other end.

This "feature" often makes it seem as if one person is being horribly rude by simply ignoring your interjections. This is because there is a 1 second delay after one person stops talking before the phone will pass anything the other person says!! Indeed, if you take the phone outside on speaker, and a plane flies overhead, the conversation will be squelched!

This is a design flaw in the phone. Indeed, if you turn to the manual page (the manual is available online), the manual says "Speak Alternately" and "Works best in a quiet environment."

If you want to have conversations that are more like walky-talky chats, buy this phone. If you want to hold spontaneous conversations over the speaker with hands free, avoid this phone like the plague.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, October 26, 2010
This is my 3rd Panasonic cordless phone set and so far, we're very pleased. We typically get about 3 - 4 years of use from our phones due to my rough husband and lots of wear and tear. They hold up nicely considering he's left them out in the rain, in the middle of construction dust/drywall dust and often drops them.

1.) This particular phone has great reception and volume.
2.) One thing I really like about this phone is if I don't feel like answering the call, and you have the handset off the base, the actual handset plays the message as the caller is leaving it!
3.) I also like the little rubberized piece on the back of the handset for when I need to balance it between my ear & shoulder - there's no slipping.
4.) Another thing I like is the fact that the keypad numbers are illuminated. My last set didn't have this feature and I really missed it.
5.) There is also a feature that allows you to program phone numbers that you wish to block. If you block a particular number, their call will not come through. I think they get a busy signal or a recording or something. Comes in handy for blocking the mother-in-law. OK, kidding...but I'm tempted!!
6.)I think the only thing so far that I don't like is that there's a delay when you answer a call. You have to wait about a second after you push the "talk" button otherwise the caller doesn't hear you answer the call. No big deal - I got used to it.

Overall, this phone/answering combo is a great value. The price was right, the features are great and the reception is clear as a bell. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone works, but has some quirks., December 27, 2010
kid-cincy (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone for two reasons: 1) the base was wall-mountable, and 2) the many positive reviews. But after using it for about a month, we decided to return it. Unlike most of the reviewers here, we thought the sound quality was pretty bad. At best, the phones had a "tin-y" sound, and if you were close to the base when you used them, they would echo into the handset. And, as others have mentioned, it has an unusual feature -- the phone takes about a second to work after you press the talk button. It's very annoying to have to say "hello, hello" every time you answer the phone. And lastly, if you pick up the phone when someone has called and is leaving a message, the caller's conversation is broadcast out the speaker in the back of the phone. Weird.

2.0 out of 5 stars What's happened to Panasonic?, June 3, 2011
I've been a happy Panasonic customer for years from VCRs to DVDs, cameras, audio devices, etc. until I got this phone. Actually, I was very happy with the phone's features and performance until February, 2011. I started having trouble hearing conversation when using the speaker phone mode. Then I stopped hearing the when I pressed the keys. I contacted Panasonic & they instructed me to send back the problem phone. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it took me a while to send the phone back because I developed a number of medical problems. I say that because the other handset began to fail in the same fashion starting with difficulty hearing through the speaker, then the button problems. This progressed to periods where the phone didn't even ring when a call came in. During this time, I was waiting for the shipping label that panasonic was supposed to be sending me via email. I would give them a couple of days to send it out. When I didn't receive it, I'd call them back. this went on for about 6 wks. I finally had to subscribe to a fax service in order to get the shipping label.
You would think that with all the problems they'd caused and knowing that I was disabled the shipping label would include home pick up- not a chance.

Let me add that I was also told that I'd be getting a "refurbished" phone depsite the fact that my phone was only 6 months old when it started having problems.

I got my replacement phone yesterday. I will give them credit for sending out the replacement phone promptly. That's the only good theng that they did. THe replacement phone they sent out is a KX-TG4431 which is an older model than my KX-TG6532. I've never heard of a reputable company sending out an older model as a replacement product. When I called them about it today, they claim to be out of my model. I told then that I was not accepting this phone, it seems that the company miraculously got a shipment of my model phones today.

I might accept that a company would produce an occasional lemon, but the lack of customer service is not a fluke. I guess that I've been lucky all these past years that I didn't have any problems with the products.

5.0 out of 5 stars PANASONIC DIGITAL CORDLESS PHONES& ANS. SYSTEM, March 26, 2011
I PURCHASED THESE PHONES FOR MY 85 YEAR OLD MOTHER. SHE LOVES THEM. THE KEYPAD IS WHITE & EASY TO SEE. THE DISPLAY IS IN LARGE FONT, MAKING IT EASY TO SEE. THE ANSWERING SYSTEM IS VERY EASY TO OPERATE & INCOMING CALLS ARE VERY CLEAR, NO STATIC. AND YOU CAN ADD MORE PHONES TO THIS UNIT.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT & WOULD PURCHASE THEM AGAIN. GREAT PRICE TOO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what other systems can't do, September 23, 2010
Bernard Oppenheim (Bloomington, IN USA) - See all my reviews
In our home we answer the phone in two different locations. We screen incoming calls by listening to the message as it's being recorded. This is the one system that allows you to listen to the message live in both locations, through the loudspeader on the phones themselves. Other systems only let you hear the messages live at the recording station. Aside from this feature we feel that the phones are excellent, meeting all our needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars think twice...., August 7, 2010
Though the phones are attractive, inexpensive, and have useful features (I particularly like the call blocking, and the easy to read display) the audio quality leaves much to be desired--low volume from speakerphone (which is the method you use to listen to your voice-mail) and a generally thin and weak character to sounds...including ring-tones. There is a general lack of heft and sturdiness that, it seems to me, must contribute to the poor sound quality.

Rate and Discover Movies