5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, Lots of Features
The Panasonic KX-TG7733S phone system is loaded with features that most of us would find useful.

Published on May 3, 2012 by Irv Haas

Published on April 17, 2012 by Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, Lots of Features, May 3, 2012

Most of the standard features are on this phone: Caller ID, answering machine, extra handset capability, battery indicator, etc. But what makes this phone system so great are its extra features, most notably Link2Cell. This feature lets you add up to 2 cell phones to your landline phone enabling you to call or answer cellphone calls on the same handset.

The black on white LCD display makes it really easy to read the display especially when compared to amber or blue LCDs. The audio is crystal clear. Talking Caller ID makes it easy to tell who's calling before you pick up the handset.

One of the best features is that these phones use standard AAA rechargeable batteries while most of the competition uses their own proprietary batteries that are difficult to find in stores.

My only complaint is that these phones are priced slightly higher than phones with similar features. But when you factor in all the plusses of this phone system, price does not seem that important.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone -- Link2Cell Tricky But Reliable Once Set, July 17, 2012
Hermin Hollerith, Maker of Tacky Wreaths in t... (Ann Arbor, MI and Generally Man of the World) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG7732S DECT 6.0 Link-to-Cell via Bluetooth Cordless Phone with Answering System, Silver, 2 Handsets (Office Product)
This is a great phone, having come from a Uniden phone that was largely a waste of time. Works wonderfully with my VoIP service with clean audio with plenty of volume. Very large and bright display, incoming calls will announce the number if you have caller ID. I really don't use the answering machine, but fortunately it is easy to turn it off. The great thing is, it remembers that you turned it off after a power outage.

Link2Cell works fine on iPhone 4S and 3GS, but it isn't terribly intuitive. You must stumble upon page 21 of the manual to change the default Bluetooth PIN before you'll get it working. Then, you have to go back two pages to learn how to actually use the feature. Boo-hiss on the documentation team.

The pairing process requires you to put the phone near the base unit, turn on Bluetooth and navigate one of the Panasonic handsets to the Link2Cell menu. When the cell phone sees "KX-TG773", you select that and enter the PIN you set. Once pairing is complete, you select which Link2Cell device you want to assign; either 1 or 2.

Once paired and there's a green light for the device (1 or 2) on the base unit, the Panasonic phones will ring when you have an incoming cell call. If you want to make a call, you enter the number, press CELL and it dials out on the cell phone. If you're on a cell phone call and want to transfer to the Panasonic handset, you enable Bluetooth on the cell phone (if it isn't already), wait for the pairing and the green light on the base unit, then select CELL on the handset, select the unit ID (1 or 2) and then (waiiiit for it...) press select TWICE. If the party you are calling complains that they can't hear you, it's because the pairing failed and you're still using the microphone on the cell phone. Remember; select button twice, and off you go.

The cell phones should be placed reasonably close to the base unit. The Bluetooth range is not very good on the base unit. I think the rule of thumb is "within the same room" even though the documentation says up to 10 meters. I also believe the Bluetooth performance will be impacted by nearby microwave ovens and wireless networks.

The menus on the handsets are not spectacular, but better than other phones. For most people, finding what you want to change is a matter of pressing MENU and scrolling through the options. Clearing caller-id entries is painful though, requiring way more button presses than should be necessary.

A great feature of this phone that I really appreciate is that the handsets use standard Nickel-Metal Hydride AAA batteries; which you can find just about anywhere. No longer do you need to search the internet for compatible proprietary batteries. And, the batteries are going to do very well sitting on a charger all the time, unlike NiCad batteries which will eventually go bad after spending most of their lives being charged.

The units sound great with Link2Cell, and they are much more comfortable than holding the cell phone up to your ear for extended periods. I gave it four stars because the biggest selling point for these phones (and ostensibly, the biggest part of the expense) isn't even close to being as well documented as it should be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, lots of features, September 30, 2012
This phone collection has great sound quality, great range, and tons of features. The handsets are large but incredibly light and comfortable. I especially love that the handsets use STANDARD AAA NiMH batteries! No more expensive proprietary battery packs!

Features features features: Intercom, answering machine, caller ID, TALKING CALLER ID (wow), you can name each phone for each area so you don't have to remember "handset 1", the screen has tons of useful info, too. Answering machine works fine, although it has no AUDIBLE reminder alert for messages, which to me is a major negative... so you have to rely on the blinky light. Also, the belt clips are wimpy.

The bluetooth connectivity really works (HTC Evo LTE), and it will connect automatically when you bring your cellphone in range. You can easily download your cellphone phone book (and it works!) All the wireless phones will ring and send caller ID info when your cell phone rings, and you can place calls using the landline or cell phone. It also has a mode that allows you to have no land line at all. Each handset and base unit shows your cell phone connection status.

Unfortunately the "connects to two cell phones" is extremely misleading- you can only link to ONE PHONE AT A TIME, making it pretty much USELESS if you have two people and two different cell phones. In my case, I am just one person and one phone, so that is not an issue, but it will be for some uses. Another problem is that it links as a headset, and cell phones can only connect to a SINGLE bluetooth headset at a time. This means you have to manually break the connection to the Panasonic and couple your bluetooth headset manually each time you want to use that feature. Very irritating, although this problem is not Panasonic's fault, it is something to consider.

Overall I am quite pleased so far. I am going to buy this phone for my Mom, since she can't seem to get to her cell phone in time :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Iphone 4s, as Panasonic Compatibility list indicates, April 17, 2012
I have owned Panasonic Cordless phones for years now, and the reason I chose this one after doing the research. Despite what their compatibility chart indicates on their website, this is not compatible with the Iphone 4s. All of the functions worked for the Iphone 4s, with exception to the outgoing reception on the other end was muffled, garbled, gibberish. Tried with many different outgoing numbers, and heard it myself through straight calls to my landline and VM. This was only set up with the "Cell Phone Only" option, so there was no possibility of interference from the landline. Technical Support for Panasonic simply wanted to shuck the blame on my Iphone.

This product worked O.K. with a Motorola Razr and Blackberry. It actually worked about 20% of the time on the other end, with the Iphone 4s. The other 80% of the time you would have no clue what was being said. Their supports thought was I should find another Iphone 4s out of thin air and try it out. Like the thought never crossed my mind, on trying two other cell phones. While I realize there is a common issue with the Iphone 4s, mine has worked with every Bluetooth headset, car speaker, and GPS device I have tried. I have tried 6 other devices in all. I asked their support if they could hear me clearly. They stated yes, perfectly clear. I then indicated I was calling on a Bluetooth headset, so it is clear the Bluetooth on my cell phone was working. Only then did they indicated "There may be a compatibility issue" (on my Iphone), but still insisted until I found another Iphone 4s and tried it, they would do nothing further. I indicated that I had no intent doing their R&D for them, that it was much easier to replace their phone than spend hours and hours trying to find out if this works on another Iphone 4s. I asked if they were suggesting I take it down to the Apple or Verizon store and ask that they test out the Panasonic phone, for lack of having another friend that owned a Iphone 4s.

If it works with your phone, it actually seemed like a pretty decent product when I used it on the other cell phones. However, it doesn't appear Panasonic raised the bar in getting their product to work with the Iphone 4s as they have indicated. I guess they figure if it works on 1 Iphone 4s, that shows enough compatibility in their eyes?

I certainly will not be making any effort to replace my Iphone when it works with every other device I own, for the sake of accommodating their product. As seemed to be their thought process through their technical assistance.

--------
To provide an update on 5/22/12
My wife just upgraded her Work Blackberry to a Iphone 4s. After testing it out, she had the exact same results with her iphone 4s that I did. As a result, and due to the fact that Panasonic would not only not post my review on their own website, but never responded to the e-mail address provided, I am changing my review from a 2 stars to a 1 star review.

I intend to contact Panasonic about this and will update should they choose to respond. Clearly this phone is not compatible with the Iphone 4s in my opinion. Further, it seems apparent to me that their website is only interested in positive reviews. Again, this is coming from a very longtime Panasonic cordless phone user. If you do a knowledge base search for Firmware, Iphone or even Phone you get no returned results. Which leads me to believe they have absolutely no knowledge base support, but simply a search engine that provides no results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok. Has annoying delay after answering., February 14, 2013
This is my second bluetooth cordless phone, so my perspective is comparing it to my old GE Cell Fusion. I don't have a landline so I use this for the convenience of not having to carry my cell around the house with me or have to run and find my cell after it rings.

I was pretty happy with my 6 year old Cell Fusion, but decided to "upgrade" hoping to take advantage of newer bluetooth technology and get a phone that didn't occasionally start reinitializing after the phone starts ringing causing me to have to wait several rings before I could answer.

I read a bunch of reviews of the current models and decided to go with this one even though I was loosing speed dial that my old phone had.

I'm pretty disappointed in my decision and am considering going back to my old cell fusion even with it's annoying reinitialization problem. If I hadn't figured out how to bluetooth transfer my cell phone book to the cordless unit, I'd definitely have given up on the panasonic. This feature will only work with old non smart phones and ones that are on their website as compatible. I tried with my current smart phone (not listed on their website) and only one entry transferred. Then I read the manual and it said if anything other than name and phone number are stored for your entry, it might not transfer correctly. I whipped out my old flip phone and all the entries transferred no problem.

My new panasonic has this 2-3 second delay after pushing the answer button before it actually connects the call. My old phone instantly took the call when pushing answer. I find this super annoying. I read reviews that said this, but I misunderstood what they meant thinking they meant the ringing was delayed, not the actually answering of the phone.

Pros of this phone over my old one:
-shared phone book (on my old phone each phone had their own phone book and you had to transfer each entry to the rest)
-supposed phone book transfer from cell phone
-not automatically transferring the call to the cordless units when entering the house (this is a huge improvement since before if I entered my garage, the bluetooth would transfer my call to the cordless phones before I entered the house and could answer them.)
-long stand by time of handsets

Cons of this compared to my old one:
-poor menu design. you can only see one menu option at a time instead of a few while scrolling through the menu
-poor alarm design. You have to program the alarm every time you turn it on including choosing a ring. I use my phone alarm often so I really hate this design.
-2-3 sec delay after pushing answer call
-no speed dial

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG7732S DECT 6.0 Link-to-Cell via Bluetooth Cordless, November 16, 2012
I love the Panasonic KX-TG7732S DECT 6.0 Cordless phones. I really like that Panasonic has the Call Block feature on their cordless phones. You can block unwanted telemarketing calls or anyone else you don't want to talk to. This phone has link-to-cell hookup and a lighted dial pad. I have not found this feature on any other cordless phones. All this is a plus for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just excellant, July 12, 2012
This Panasonic phone set is really wonderful. I am a senior and the numbers are larger on the number pad. It has new features that my old Panasonic did not have, time & date. But since it is blue tooth I can answer my cell phone on my home phone and that is really a treat to me. The instructions are very easy to follow in the book how to set everything up. I would highly recommend this phone set especially to the 55 plus age.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit - poor sound, August 25, 2012
WC7P (Washington State) - See all my reviews
I bought the Costco version of this phone. Set it up and as usual with Panasonic it was easy and intuitive. Lots of nice features and it was going to be a good 4 unit replacement for our old 2 unit Panasonic. Only trouble is that when I made my first call the audio was so muffled I really couldn't make out what the person on the other end was saying. After fiddling around with it life didn't get any better. Sorry, I normally like Panasonic stuff, but at the full volume setting is muffled and distorted. All of the handsets were the same. Returned the unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the Panasonic website to see if your cell phone is compatible!, September 18, 2013
Amazon's description of this phone fails to clearly mention that only some Bluetooth cell phones are compatible. I bought this for my father, and his phone wasn't, so I had to return this.

Check this website:
[...]

Here is the main Link To Cell website with lots more information:
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Link2Cell and iPhone pairs well, February 7, 2013
I read several reviews before purchasing this phone. The only doubt was pairing our two iPhones with it. The pairing process for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 was seamless. i made some test calls as well with two different ringtones for these cell phones (separate tone for the land line) and everything seems to work well. Needless to say, I am relieved and feel like this was a good purchase.

Rate and Discover Movies