Top positive review
134 people found this helpful
on May 14, 2008
I bought this set to replace one 900 MHz and two 2.4 GHz phones that we've had for a while. Setup was really easy, you can pretty much figure out everything going through the different menus yourself. I was concerned about the call quality of the extra handsets since they don't use their own phone jack, but the performance is excellent. The 2.4 phone we used to have in the kitchen couldn't be used if the microwave was on, and it would knock computers off the wireless network once in a while. Now, absolutely no interference at all! The other 2.4 that was upstairs had terrible range, and always had a clicking sound I attributed to interference with the Xbox 360 2.4 GHz wireless. Once again, these new phones have absolutely no interference and great range. I wish now I got the 4 or even 5 handset package to stick one in the garage and other places in the house.
- Voice quality when not set at the highest volume
- You can set the answering machine to answer after more than 4 rings, unlike many others who max out at 4 and you can never get to in time
- The talking caller id when used with a high answering machine ring setting (5 or 7) really helps stop running through the house to check who's calling when you don't really want to, or can't easily, stop what you're doing.
- The backlight on the handset screens is bright and makes the text really easy to read.
- Slight hissing when ear piece volume is maxed. But med volume seems just fine and there's no hiss.
- The answering machine doesn't show a number of how many messages you have, it's just a flashing red light on the play button.
- After listening to the message(s) and not deleting them, the flashing light goes away but you have no other indication that there's a message. So if it's a message you want to save, for someone else to listen to for example, unless you remember or write it down somewhere, it's easy to forget about it.
Overall though, a great phone and a HUGE upgrade from our previous phones. Recommended.