Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic KX-TS500W Corded Phone, White
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 18, 2009
This phone is simple to set up, and simple to use, because it's got no bells and whistles.

The only things that make me give it 4 stars are

1 - the dents where you place the headset are a bit shallow and a bit tight.

If they had been deeper and looser, it would make it a lot easier to hang up the phone. Since the dents are shallow and tight, you have to take care to place the headset correctly. An extra quarter inch gap between the sides of the headset and the walls of the dents would've made it so one can hang up without thinking about it.

2 - The cord is short.

I have a computer on my desk, and since I spend much more time on the computer than the phone, the phone goes on an adjacent table. I had to keep the cord from my old phone, as the cord that comes with this phone doesn't go out that far. Also, the phone is light (which is a good thing, mind you), so when the cord gets stretched, the phone starts getting pulled off the table. A cord that's a foot or two longer would've been great.

I do like how the buttons have a bit of gap between them. It looks a lot nicer than a scrunched-up keypad where the numbers are all right next to each other with no gap.

Overall, a nice phone.
on May 30, 2009
I purchased this phone for my elderly mother, she likes it very well, the ringer is loud enough for her to hear it ring, and the handset volume is also loud enough for her to hear the conversation.
This is the first phone in a long time she could really hear!
on March 3, 2010
this panasonic phone works so much better than the ATT corded phones. I can hear louder and clearer, so does the other person on the line. i like the dial keypad on the base for those automated voice prompts. i couldn't stand taking the phone away from my ear to push keys.
on November 1, 2008
This phone is easy to install and simple to use. It mated perfectly with the standard phone company-installed wall mount panel. Reception is clear. You do have to take some care in replacing the handset on the phone as the handset hook retainer is somewhat small.
on January 9, 2007
Great little phone, so far. It works fine. Only problem is that the volume control distorts the signal somewhat, but for such a cheap price, I can't complain too much.
on September 6, 2012
I bought this phone as a back-up phone in case of power failures in which my cordless phones are useless and I don't want to deplete my cell phone charge. I was most concerned about the sound quality of the handpiece. As soon as it arrived I plugged it in and made a few short phone calls to test it out...My expensive cordless phones should sound so good! I can't believe the sound quality of this phone for what it cost. I've tried Uniden, Bell and Radio Shack brands that didn't come close to being this well made with excellent sound quality. Finally a decent corded phone! I'm going to set it up at my desk to use regularly.
on December 27, 2010
For those wanting a basic "no frills" phone, this Panasonic can't be beat. It comes as advertised with no frills other than a "redial" and a "flash" key for switching lines if you have call waiting. But for the price, you get clear sound, and a phone that works even if the electricity is off.
on September 10, 2009
We were needing a corded phone with adjustable volume for my aging (and hard of hearing) mother-in-law. This phone was just what we were looking for, and at a very attractive price. The ringer is loud enough that she can hear it, and the amplified receiver allows her to hear conversations better than before.
The only negative I have noticed is the shortness and tight coil of the phone cord, combined with the phone's light weight, causes it to pull off the table easily. A longer cord would be nice (and necessary in this case). Overall, a good value.
on September 27, 2012
We were looking for a nice basic phone that really just acts as a backup / emergency phone when we're not using our mobile phones. We originally went to the local drug store and picked up a $20 phone. It was a total piece of junk and we took it back to the store. Got this one for even less money and it is worlds apart from the junk we got locally.

Call quality is nice and clear. It works well on a desk and isn't so light that it flies off the desk when you pick up the receiver. True, it has no number memory or caller ID, but if you're just looking for a solid, inexpensive backup phone, this is just perfect, especially considering the price.
on July 13, 2009
A corded telephone is a necessity for anyone who has home phone service not controlled by a modem or other electrical means. This phone is simple and as basic as it comes, and a great buy.