To say that I am an amateur photographer is an under statement. A point and shoot guy for over 40 years, half of which I never knew which side of the camera to look through.

Published 7 months ago by Peter Suslock

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the U-Tube option
Actually ... I'm a audio-visual learner & found the U-Tube series Graham H. did on the FZ200 considerably more helpful than the 'Manual'. At this point I use the manual as a support supplement for specific photo issues.
Published 6 months ago by Gregory Nims

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Must Have For Any FZ200 Owner - A Virtual Course In Photography, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)

As I am being dragged into the 21st century I decided it was time to invest in a decent camera. Plus I was at the point where if I researched one more camera my brains were going to pour out of my ears.

I've had my eye on the FZ200 since it's pre-release - impressed by the 5 star review from CNET, I was still hesitant to make the plunge. The clincher was when I came across Mr. Houghton's web site and read every single blog entry regarding the FZ200 - I was knocked out. What is more, Mr. Hougtons youtube channel is sheer brilliance - he goes over every aspect of the FZ200 and it's educational value is superb. Despite a huge following Graham will take the time to answer your questions directly within the youtube comment threads.

The book is simply marvelous, it's the ultimmate "Go To" source for anything to do with the FZ200 - beautiful images married with a compelling conversational tone Mr. Haighton is as an accomplished a writer as he is a photographer.

Quick Overview:

* Written in a compelling conversational tone - easy to understand and follow.

* From soup to nuts in depth explanations of all the Panny FZ200 can do

* Covers every aspect of functionality from Auto Mode to Fully Manual Operation

* Gorgeous images for both presentation and special effects

* Top Quality cover stock 100 LB glossy - made to last

* Top Quality binding

* Informative, easy to follow step by step instructions with images.

If you're considering this camera or already own it. I urge you to grab this outstanding resource. It's in every way a labor of love and a huge benefit for FZ200 owners. It's virtually an in depth course in photography put in layman's terms. Both the FZ200 and this companion book continues to blow me away.

My FZ200 paired with this book - are working in tandem to make me a better photographer if this book can do this for me, I assure you it will do the same for you.

Highest Recommendation

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ User's Manual, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
Graham Houghton does a wonderful job of explaining both the basic and advanced features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ200 camera. This book and Graham's YouTube video tutorials are all one needs to get the most out of this camera. This book is so much better than the manual that accompanies the camera. If you own the FZ200, you'll love this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely done., January 19, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
I have the E version of this manual and it's very good. Apparently Mr. Houghton wrote this by himself and to me that's impressive.So much more informative than the Panasonic user manual. I Imagine the paper version is worth every penny. He has an excellent you tube channel on photography, in particular the FZ200. Don't let his mispronunciation of the letter "Z" put you off. (J/K Graham...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Graham delivers where Panasonic fell flat, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
I already had the ebook version but wanted to support Graham in keeping up his excellent contributions to the fz200 community. Sometimes its just nice to have hard copy (like when its too sunny to read the ebook on my phone or tablet). Thanks for all your hard work Graham. Your pioneering experimentation and documentation always saves me time and helps me do things I might never figure out on my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible for new owners, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
Mr Houghton has blessed us neophytes with this guide. Very well organized, clearly explained, excellent illustrations. Worth every penny. His videos are excellent too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book for your new DMC-FZ200, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
I love this book. It has so much great information for a novice like me. I am really learning to use the manual features available on the camera. It has improved my photos immeasurably. Best tip so far--how to soften the harsh light of the flash.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the U-Tube option, May 7, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
This truly is a "missing manual". It is great with Graham's You-tube videos. My husband has a different Panasonic camera and has found this book very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, very useful, May 11, 2014
HGW (near nyc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
This really fulfills its promise in the preface to deliver much relevant information not provided within the 220 page user manual supplied on DVD by Panasonic. It is chock-full of useful information about the capabilities of modern digital SLRs. As an experienced user of good quality 35mm SLRs, this told me a heck of a lot I did not know.

And sometimes, when the camera offers a huge number of possible choices, the author shares his own personal preferences, which I think is a lot more useful than a long discourse.

To provide an index I downloaded the e-version. I like the printed version of Graham's book because it is portable, and informs me in waiting rooms for doctors, dentists and on the train, where I digest further nuggets of useful info.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many generalities., June 17, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual (Paperback)
The author spends too much time on general descriptions of cameras and how they work and does not provide adequate detail on the specifics of this camera.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 User's Manual by Mr Graham Houghton (Paperback - December 9, 2013)
$39.99 $34.22