Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

To say that I am an amateur photographer is an under statement. A point and shoot guy for over 40 years, half of which I never knew which side of the camera to look through.

As I am being dragged into the 21st century I decided it was time to invest in a decent camera. Plus I was at the point where if I researched one more camera my brains were going to pour out of my ears.

I've had my eye on the FZ200 since it's pre-release - impressed by the 5 star review from CNET, I was still hesitant to make the plunge. The clincher was when I came across Mr. Houghton's web site and read every single blog entry regarding the FZ200 - I was knocked out. What is more, Mr. Hougtons youtube channel is sheer brilliance - he goes over every aspect of the FZ200 and it's educational value is superb. Despite a huge following Graham will take the time to answer your questions directly within the youtube comment threads.

The book is simply marvelous, it's the ultimmate "Go To" source for anything to do with the FZ200 - beautiful images married with a compelling conversational tone Mr. Haighton is as an accomplished a writer as he is a photographer.

Quick Overview:

* Written in a compelling conversational tone - easy to understand and follow.

* From soup to nuts in depth explanations of all the Panny FZ200 can do

* Covers every aspect of functionality from Auto Mode to Fully Manual Operation

* Gorgeous images for both presentation and special effects

* Top Quality cover stock 100 LB glossy - made to last

* Top Quality binding

* Informative, easy to follow step by step instructions with images.

If you're considering this camera or already own it. I urge you to grab this outstanding resource. It's in every way a labor of love and a huge benefit for FZ200 owners. It's virtually an in depth course in photography put in layman's terms. Both the FZ200 and this companion book continues to blow me away.

My FZ200 paired with this book - are working in tandem to make me a better photographer if this book can do this for me, I assure you it will do the same for you.

Highest Recommendation
on February 16, 2014
Graham Houghton does a wonderful job of explaining both the basic and advanced features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ200 camera. This book and Graham's YouTube video tutorials are all one needs to get the most out of this camera. This book is so much better than the manual that accompanies the camera. If you own the FZ200, you'll love this book.
on March 14, 2014
I already had the ebook version but wanted to support Graham in keeping up his excellent contributions to the fz200 community. Sometimes its just nice to have hard copy (like when its too sunny to read the ebook on my phone or tablet). Thanks for all your hard work Graham. Your pioneering experimentation and documentation always saves me time and helps me do things I might never figure out on my own.
on January 19, 2014
I have the E version of this manual and it's very good. Apparently Mr. Houghton wrote this by himself and to me that's impressive.So much more informative than the Panasonic user manual. I Imagine the paper version is worth every penny. He has an excellent you tube channel on photography, in particular the FZ200. Don't let his mispronunciation of the letter "Z" put you off. (J/K Graham...)
55 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2014
I love this book. It has so much great information for a novice like me. I am really learning to use the manual features available on the camera. It has improved my photos immeasurably. Best tip so far--how to soften the harsh light of the flash.
on May 11, 2014
This really fulfills its promise in the preface to deliver much relevant information not provided within the 220 page user manual supplied on DVD by Panasonic. It is chock-full of useful information about the capabilities of modern digital SLRs. As an experienced user of good quality 35mm SLRs, this told me a heck of a lot I did not know.

And sometimes, when the camera offers a huge number of possible choices, the author shares his own personal preferences, which I think is a lot more useful than a long discourse.

To provide an index I downloaded the e-version. I like the printed version of Graham's book because it is portable, and informs me in waiting rooms for doctors, dentists and on the train, where I digest further nuggets of useful info.
on May 7, 2014
Actually ... I'm a audio-visual learner & found the U-Tube series Graham H. did on the FZ200 considerably more helpful than the 'Manual'. At this point I use the manual as a support supplement for specific photo issues.
on July 2, 2014
I'm a big fan of Mr. Graham Houghton's video series on the Panasonic Lumix FZ200 digital camera, but I can't say the same for this book. It was not nearly as good. It seemed to be quickly written and not edited at all. Too often the text was just plain undecipherable as to what was written. I frequently had the thought, "What in the world does that mean," or "What the heck is he trying to say here." Very often the author stated that something would be discussed later in the book, but "later" never came. The book seemed somewhat disorganized too. I never got through the entire book, I grew tired of reading all the long, drawn-out paragraphs that went nowhere. This book is way overpriced for the lack of quality between the covers. I suspect that Mr. Houghton made a fortune selling his book at this price, and I would bet that many people purchased this book based on the strength of the video series. I wouldn't recommend buying this book.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 20, 2015
A digital manual can be downloaded for the FZ200 and referenced on the computer or even printed if you are not worried about ink consumption. For some previous cameras I have printed the digital manual and occasionally would reference my printed version rather than access the digital manual. For the FZ200 I did download the manual before actually buying the camera recently.
I also downloaded this very manual by Graham Houghton and have it stored on my laptop and could have printed this rather lengthy book on my home printer. After sampling this manual digitally and watching some of Mr. Houghton's extremely helpful videos, I decided it might be worth the money to own a hard copy of his manual for the FZ200. For me it is worth the cost if only because I prefer the tactile feel of a book and its ready accessibility.
How is this book any better than the Panasonic owner's manual? The Panasonic manual is not bad and mostly understandable, but it's simply a listing of the features, how they work, and how to access them. Houghton's book, on the other hand, does all that and more because his book is an actual guide with explanations and recommendations, amply illustrated with example photographs in color. His writing style is as friendly and understandable as are his videos.

The FZ 200 is a many featured camera with an extensive and perhaps daunting menu. With this user's manual available, the camera menu becomes something to explore and enjoy, not avoid.
on August 2, 2015
I love this book! Without this book I would have sent this wonderful camera back, because the instruction book that came with the camera was simply abysmal. This book has been invaluable, and now I am taking the most spectacular photos using Mr. Houghton's tips and tricks. Yes, I know the book is available free online, but it was so good, I just had to have a paper copy.