5.0 out of 5 stars Great product.
I was looking at getting the Dyson Ball, decided to try this one as it is less expensive. Glad I did. My G/F and I love this vacuum, easy to use, light weight. The stretch hose with the telescoping brush is great.

Published on January 26, 2012 by T. Harmon

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back...
Published on August 5, 2012 by 5150 Shopping

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., January 26, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic MC-UL810 Bagless "Jet Turn" Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen)

It takes about two minutes to get use to the swivel steering. Love the lay flat option. Now I do not have to move my California King Mattress and box springs to vacuum under the bed.

Easy to see when the canister is full and very easy to empty.

The retractable cord is an added benefit.

I was also surprised at how much quieter this vacuum is compared to others I have owned.

My only complaint is that I have to empty the canister more often as this vacuum has great suction and cleaning power.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back..., August 5, 2012
I first want to say that the suction was great and Panasonic usually makes a good vacuum. This one was very difficult to control at first and there is no floor height adjuster which I did not like as the vacuum really wasn't adjusting properly between bare floor and rug. I decided to give it one more shot before packing it up and had convinced myself that the quality (It wasn't made cheap like many other models/makers)was worth the muscle needed to push and turn it. Then I went to empty the canister. This is where the vacuum failed miserably. There is no way to get the dirt out of that canister without having to reach your hand or something else in it to pull it out. This is very inconvenient and dirty. That was the breaking point and the vacuum went back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic is the Best!!!, March 20, 2012
I just recieived this vacuum, very easy set up and just tried a little bit to test. Can't believe the ease and power this vacuum has! It does not bring up dust (etc.) into the air. Picked up more than I would have thought by just testing on carpet, floor and furniture. Just use hair dryer outside on cool or air setting and blow out the filter. Empty dust bin very simple! The retractable cord wonderful!
My son the engineer thinks the turbine is a great idea! Like he will vacuum?!
All attachments are great, they work very well! Moves easily and light weight, everything is easy access! I'm getting older and this is a good one for us "people"!
The ony gripe I have is it is not teal, it's turquoise in color. Just being picky.
Had a Panasonic upright vacuum that was excellent!(over 6 years old).
The only reason I got a new one was because I can't get to a service dealer and the housing will not hold the roller anymore, still however usable the hoses,brushes & everything else is excellent condition.
Almost all things I have made by Panasonic, I have had zero problems and lasting a long time!
If you need a good vacuum with no bags forget Dyson! This is worth the money!
I am very delighted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 19, 2012
I love this! I had a Dyson and this one is so much better! Great pick-up... I have 2 dogs, a cat and long hair myself so we needed a heavy duty machine. The only downside is the cannister does fill up fast, but to me that means its working, picking up all that hair!
It's a lightweight machine, love how it lays down flat and moves around so well. It's great, and the motorized little brush is amazing! Its a great machine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great vacuum with a lot of suction!, April 26, 2012
So far this thing has been great! No issues with clogs or losing suction. I expected the auto-cord retract device to fail shortly but it seems to be still working well. The maneuverability of the vacuum is great too for tight spaces and ease of moving where you want to clean. The attachments work nearly too well...lots of power and the suction is great. The only thing I dislike with this vacuum is when using the attachments the main motor and brushes cannot toggle off so if you're on a carpet while using attachments, you could burn your carpet from the main units brushes. Other than that, this thing SUCKS very well! Good purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible vacuum., March 16, 2013
KAY H (vista, ca USA) - See all my reviews
My last Panasonic was great. After 10 years, it finally broke.
First, plug in cord is too short. I thought re-coiling feature was great, but its still too short.
Second, the pull-out hose is too short and too stiff and when it is pulled too far, the vacuum tips over.
Third, it did not come with any other extension bars, I can't vacuum under the bed or wall top corners.
It has a good suction, but its not worth it. If we didn't throw away the box, I would have returned it. I wasted my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic jet turn vacuum - teal, March 28, 2013
Love this vacuum. We just bought our first house so I was looking for a decent vacuum for a decent price. After doing some research, I decided to purchase this one based on the functionality, reviews, and color (teal is my favorite color). I love it. I'm not a picky person, so it works great for me. It isn't the lightest vacuum, but it works very well. Love the retractable cord option - never seen that before and it's a great feature. The vacuum hose isn't very long, but I'm not looking to vacuum anything up high like curtains (I'd just throw those in the wash). Good attachments for the hose. It doesn't have a floor height adjuster, but it doesn't bother me what so ever. Since it doesn't have this adjustment, the brush keeps spinning when it's on. If I'm using the hose and the vacuum is in the locked upright position, I just tilt it towards the back some brush isn't spinning on the floor. Makes the hose reach further and the brush isn't on the floor - easy fix. Canister isn't the largest, but it is easy to take off and empty. Does have to be emptied often because this vacuum sucks up so much! The swivel steering is very weird at first and takes a little while to get used to. After you get used to it, it's very convenient. Overall, I would highly recommend this vacuum if you want a good vacuum for a reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money/Lasted Only 4 Months, February 6, 2013
I bought this vacuum on August 2, 2012 from Amazon, and was partly influenced by the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval". I will never trust that publication again. It was light-weight and easy to use, but very loud and seemed flimsy. The cord was relatively short, so I had to keep moving it from outlet to outlet, and the dirt cup had to be emptied very often. My carpets are short pile, no pets, so it is not too challenging on a machine to clean my carpets weekly. Nevertheless, just after Christmas the vacuum suddenly gave off a terrible burning smell and the roller brush stopped working. I took off the face plate, the belt was intact, there was nothing jamming the roller, it just stopped working (btw I have trouble-shooted vacuums for years and have always been able to replace belts, screws, un-jam hoses, etc.) Taking it to be repaired would be more expensive than the vacuum. Four months. I cannot return this useless piece of junk because the return window for the item ended 9/8/2012, barely a month after the purchase (perhaps they 'know' that they had better not allow more than a month because of the poor quality). I have never had a vacuum last less than about 5 years. So it's going in the dumpster. Such a waste. I find this type of product borderline criminal with all the efforts we are all making to have less of an impact on the environment. I wonder how many 'new' panasonic vacuums are in landfills...

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry for the purchase, September 29, 2013
I purchased this item directly from Amazon. I studied all kinds of web sites including the Panasonic web site before purchasing this item and read all kinds of reviews.I hate this vacuum cleaner and I am very sorry I purchased it. There is no attachment that allows me to reach the dust on the top of my curtains, or the dust that forms on my fans in all my rooms. I have to have my husband lift up the vacuum cleaner and I have to get on a chair in order for the stretch hose to reach the top of my curtains. I wish I would have known this before purchasing it. I inquired from the Company if there was any other attachment available and was told "no". There are very misleading pictures of a woman reaching for her curtain with the stretch hose.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just anhhhn., August 9, 2012
WOW. What a vacuum. I bought it for work but I am thinking about keeping it at home. I have a Dyson all floor model and this vac sucked WAY more dirt out of my carpet. Now granted I hadn't vacuumed my house in a week but this bad boy picked up 2 FULL canisters of dirt and cat hair up from my living room and dining room alone. My carpet actually looks cleaner, which is an indication that maybe my Dyson isn't quite doing its job. The cons for this vac are only 3 fold so far... 1 it is a lot louder than my Dyson, 2 the hose length is almost a joke, it is so short, and 3 it is harder to push and pull. That may be because of the suction this vac is providing, or it may just be harder to pull, but that is not gonna deter me. I will probably still take it to work, because the cost of the Dyson makes me wanna keep it here and protect it, but you can bet I will be bringing it home every once in a while to deep clean my carpet. I will re-review it after a few months of use at work, and we will see if it is still the super star it seems to be right out of the box.

3 months later the vac is sitting in my garage. I took it to work and even on commercial carpet it is so hard to push and pull I got back strain from vacuuming. The lady that works with me hated it and would rather use the old vac we have instead of this one. It DOES work well, other than being impossibly hard to vacuum with. It's in my garage now and occasionally I will bring it in to do a deep clean but honestly it's as hard to push and pull as a carpet shampooing machine. My garage is carpeted with old carpet and it did make that carpet look cleaner so as I said it works, but so do you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›