Top positive review
116 people found this helpful
What an amazing machine
on December 11, 2010
This new Panasonic Convection Microwave machine is hands down the best appliance in my kitchen and worth every penny. Here's why:
1. Extremely well built - Solid precision latches make it sound like a Mercedes car door when you close it.
2. Intuitive - Very user friendly. Easy to figure things out without having to pour over the owner's manual, unlike a lot of other microwaves. The time knob lets you quickly dial in 10 second increments of time, or you can let the machine autosense when it's hot using the reheat mode. It has a digital readout which tells you the next step in the process on certain options and provides status of where you are at in the cooking cycle as well.
3. New Technology - The Inverter Technology provides much more even heat, with very few hot spots. When I warm hard refrigerated quarters of butter in the morning so I can spread it on my toast, it softens evenly, unlike my previous micro that melted a big hole in the middle and left the rest hard. In the defrost mode, the food is thawed evenly, unlike the cooked edges that some micro's leave.
4. Performance - This machine cooks quickly and evenly and when you combine the micro and convection its extremely fast. In the combination mode the micro power is dropped to 30% and then combined with full convection heat to cook quickly and evenly. Lots of other features...the keep warm option, the broil and bake options, the easy to use dials, digital temperature guage, great recipe book, cooking recommendations, and owners manual.
5. The Look - Very sleek and very professional. Easy to clean and a kitchen show piece. You'll gets lots of compliments on it.
1. Size - As with all of my appliances I wish it was a bit larger, but it WILL allow a 9X13 rectangular glass casserole to rotate.
2. Trim Kit - Mine is also a built in, so I had to buy a separate trim kit which was not included in the price.
3. Customer Support - Panasonics only big mistake with this product, as they appear to have outsourced customer support to an overseas group. I had inquired about use of the wire rack when doing straight microwaving. Conflicting answers. Agents hard to understand and not very knowledgeable. Not sure my first contact even knew what a microwave convection oven was. All she could do was read a script. I know Panasonic feels that have to do this to remain price competitive (like many other companies out there) but it's certainly the weakest part of their product. Lets hope congress takes away the incentives and starts penalizing companies that ship jobs overseas.
All in all, it's a great second oven for baking, cooking, reheating, defrosting, letting bread rise, keep food warm during meal prep, etc. Great purchase. Highly recommended if you're looking for the best.