5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased
I had a Magic Chef 0.7 cubic ft microwave for 10 years and the turntable gave out.
Same kind of door opening so I'm not concerned about that not holding up.

There are quite a few things to commend the Panasonic.

Published on May 16, 2012 by Saluki

1.0 out of 5 stars Warranty service is nonexistent
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic NN-SD372S 0.8 Cubic Feet 950-Watt Inverter Microwave, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
Same kind of door opening so I'm not concerned about that not holding up.

There are quite a few things to commend the Panasonic.

The size is perfect for me at 0.8 cu ft. It fits all my plates easily, takes up little space and is light in weight. I previously looked at Costco's 1200 watt Panasonic but it was too big and too many watts.

This Panasonic at 950 watts does not blow my circuits yet heats quickly. It is simple to operate.
The highlight for me is how it defrosts. I love the inverter defrost function.
This was the only small model that I found that had the feature. It defrosts beautifully.

(I had given up defrosting anything in the Magic Chef---It always cooked the edges.)

I also like the quick minute button.
I don't know that this machine would be the answer for someone who actually cooks in the microwave......... For me it meets my needs for reheating and defrosting, perfectly....... I save my cooking for the Breville Toaster oven........

P.S. Just wanted to add that the turntable is 11 inches--- not the 13 stated in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Microwave So Far But Manual Missing an Important Detail, October 16, 2012
Ordered one of these a month ago and have been very impressed with the features. Heating and re-heating is very precise and lots of options. After a month, noticed that the unit would stay "buzzing" after re-heating cycle when you remove food from the microwave. This would last for about 30 seconds and then stop. Returned to Amazon and received another unit. Called Panasonic this time and they indicated that this is normal operation as fan is cooling off microwave. Must be related to the "inverter" technology. This is not mentioned anywhere in manual or on Panasonic website. Hope to save others the hassle of returning a fully functional unit. Just need to determine now if we can live with this minor annoyance as it is a nice microwave.

**UPDATE** - March 2014

Microwave still going strong. Don't really even notice fan noise anymore. I highly recommend this purchase if you are looking for a stylish and functional microwave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Microwave!, August 14, 2012
I had my old microwave (a Sharp Carousel) for over 20 years when it finally pooped out. I did a lot of research before I purchased this Microwave from Amazon. I decided on the Panasonic NN-SD372S 0.8 because of the Inverter feature and it's 950 watts and most of all the customer reviews. When I received it I thought it would be too difficult to uses because of all the features it had and just glancing at the directions made my head spin. But I read through the directions again and they seemed to make more sense. I love this microwave. I've only used it with the power levels and minute timer and I also used the popcorn setting. It is very quiet and the five beeps at the end of cooking are not blaring like my last microwave. The only thing I don't like is that every little fingerprint shows up on the stainless steel finish. I still gave it 5 stars though. I haven't used it that long so I hope I don't have any problems down the line.

4.0 out of 5 stars works quite well, December 23, 2012
I wanted an inverter style microwave oven to replace the aging microwave I had been using for the last 10 years.

If you use the lower levels for warming soups and stews, heating frozen dinners and defrosting frozen food, this unit works great, since it can actually vary the power applied to the food, not just cycle it on and off. This feature heats the food more evenly, without over-heating the edges of the food. It excels at keeping food warm after the cooking or reheating is completed.

I also like the LED interior lighting, which means it probably wont ever burnout and need to be replaced.

The only minor issues I have with this oven: The labeling of the buttons, its hard to see in low light levels, and there is nothing on the display to indicate that the oven is indeed cooking at a lower power level like some of the other Panasonic ovens have.

Overall the oven is an ideal compact oven for singles, couples, and maybe dorm use, or as a second oven for large families.

5.0 out of 5 stars great microwave, May 31, 2012
Bought this product because we had a limited space.
It does all the thing the others do but it weighs
less and takes less space.....add to that the
price and you have a price performer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, August 8, 2012
Excellent microwave. Heats food quickly and looks nice too. Great space saver, but it still has enough room for a large plate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warranty service is nonexistent, April 17, 2013
Purchased the unit. Liked it. It died 3 months after we purchased it. Contacted Panasonic, as per instructions, took it to a repair depot about 50 miles from home. Left it. Heard nothing for two weeks. Called the depot. Oh, they ordered parts, they didn't fix the problem, and so they forgot about it. Ordered new parts after being prompted. Two weeks. No word. Called the depot. Oh, they ordered new parts. They're on backorder, another 4-6 weeks. So we're talking about a minimum of two months in service, expected return three moths after it failed. Called Panasonic to ask for exchange instead of service. That needs to be reviewed. Promised to call back within 3 business days. 7 business days later, no call. I've told them to keep the damn thing. I'm going to replace it with a competitor's unit and sue them for the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars attractive, compact unit, October 12, 2012
I bought this MW to replace my 11 year old Panasonic that had finally given up. I wanted a compact unit that was still big enough to hold a full-sized dinner plate and had the features I liked in the old Panasonic, particularly the inverter turbo-defrost. The NN-SD372S meets all those requirements. Its 950 watt rating is slightly less than that of the more common 1100-1200 watt microwaves, but I haven't noticed any practical difference in the time required to heat frozen dinners or similar items.

The only drawback I've found is the way the stainless steel front panel captures fingerprints every time you open or close the door. I guess I should have realized this would happen, but I didn't think about it before I purchased the unit. If you like the pretty stainless steel front, be prepared to keep cleaning it unless you want to wear a glove or use a towel every time you open or close the door.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Microwave, June 19, 2012
I am glad I purchased the Panasonic NN-SD372S. It's quiet and heats food evenly and quickly even with only 950-Watt. It would be nicer if it has stainless steel all around instead of just the front door.
It weights much less than my old and noisy Kenmore microwave.
The best feature for me is the knob for adjusting weight and time, very convenient.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful microwave and awful customer service, September 10, 2013
We barely used this microwave oven, but it broke 9 months after we bought it. It completely died. I called customer service because it is supposed to be under warranty for 12 months. The closest servicer they would give me was 60 miles away. They refused to send me a mailing label. This effectively amounts to no warranty. They were rude on the phone as well. Never buy anything made by Panasonic!

Rate and Discover Movies