Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 questions
votes
Is it made in China? Mar 27, 2011
Made in China of course! That's why mine lasted less than a year (ES8103S), not very long for an $80.- investment.
May 29, 2011 by Robert Peters
votes
I agree. It's very noisy. Much more so than previous Panasonics and Braun. Also, for me it did not shave well, wet or dry. Another problem is that the shaver heads get HOT and uncomfortable, soon after you start shaving.
Jul 26, 2009 by Blair
votes
I have wasted so much $$ on razors and all brand name shavers until now. This particular Panasonic model (ES8109S) has outdone itself. With the best of razors or wet/dry shavers I've had, it's taken me a minimum of at least 25 - 30 minutes of shaving and I still end up with ingrown hairs or bumps, nicks or scratches. I used this Panasonic model and WHAT A DIFFERENCE it has made in my life!!. I tend to have very thick and course hair, especially under my chin. This little gadget has managed somehow to leave my face ultra smooth within 3 minutes of passing it over my face WITHOUT having to press it against my skin in order to reach the short stubbles. I am so happy with it that I am seriously considering purchasing a 2nd one as a backup!
Mar 21, 2011 by Jason Forman
vote
I work at a shaver store (can't mention the name). As far as I know there is no difference. It's just the reference number (different countries/suppliers use different reference). When you scan it, it may say ES8109 or ES8109S, it's all the same). But anyhow, I wouldn't worry about it, because unless the difference is AT LEAST in last 2 digits, there is usually no difference in features.
Jul 9, 2008 by Dude...
votes
use Tom's brushless shaving cream. The foils last forever and you'll have the best shave of your life. However, the cutters will gradually become dull. After 8-9 months I notice a difference and will replace both the foil and cutters, even though the foil still appears to be fine. I've gone past one year with the same foil and cutters although the preformance is not the best.
Oct 3, 2008 by J. Thayer
votes
My beard is really tough and it takes quite a while for me to get a close shave, but the Panasonic does a better job than any other shaver I've ever used. Leave the cleaning base at home and just take the charger/cord with you on the road. I can get about 10 shaves on a charge, but I plug the shaver in overnight when on the road. If you clean the shaver under running water you will never *have* to clean it in the base, although that's what I do when not travelling. It's a great shaver... You can't go wrong. I've got the ES8228 and the ES8109. They're pretty much the same shavers with different trim. I replaced a Braun 360.
May 22, 2008 by Kevin Karth
votes
I had the same question; it's confusing. I called Panasonic. They said it's the dotted line near the bottom. Hope it helps.
Mar 18, 2011 by Scott 'Q' Marcus
votes
I have never found anything on this, myself. I usually clean/charge mine every two weeks. I tend to change out the cartridge and water after every third cleaning.
Jan 16, 2008 by R. L. Farmer
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers