Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on September 15, 2011
I ordered this lamp based on the sellers description as cut and pasted from above:

# Original Part, not aftermarket
# Brand New Original Lamp 1 Year Warranty, Limited Stock, Free Standard Shipping (Cont. US)
# Brand New! Not Recycled! Not Refurbished!

The lamp arrived in an aftermarket box with a "Made in Taiwan" sticker on the top. You can tell a recycled housing as the aluminum will always have scratch marks on the left hand side. This is a result of it being inserted in the TV slot that holds it. There are metal "fingers" that rub the side as it is inserted. This housing not only had the telltale scratch pattern, but also contains a generic bulb as can be seen through the vent holes in the chassis.

A rebuilt unit will also have a nut securing the wire to the back of the bulb. An original part will be soldered on. This unit has the nut on it. It's an obvious bait and switch, and not a very good one at that.

This one is going back to the seller immediately. Do yourself a favor and skip this one. There's a reason it is half the cost of a true new unit made by Panasonic.
on October 31, 2013
Item description states the lamp and housing as "original...not aftermarket" yet the item I received was a generic substitute. This is readily identifiable as the housing itself is simply plastic and not metal. I was aware that based on reviews, this was a known issue in the past however believed that Amazon.com would have corrected this because they are accountable as well since they are fulfilling orders for LowPriceDistributors. Amazon.com customer service offered me a generous partial refund which makes keeping the generic lamp acceptable but it has been nearly a month since I reported the fraudulent statements and the description still reflects false and misleading information. So buyer beware! If purchasing, the lamp and housing will be a generic substitute and will NOT be near the quality nor have the longevity of an authentic OEM lamp.
Nevertheless, the installation was as expected and the lamp is working fine. Not able to comment on its longevity but once again, I'm confident that it will be no where close to the 10,000 hours typical of OEM lamps (the lamp just replaced went over 10,400 hours in 7 years). With a supposed one-year warranty, I'll plan on replacing this generic lamp around this time next year...but hoping it'll last at least a couple years. 3-star review because though the item is not as described, it does work...and Amazon.com reimbursed me partially to make the final purchase price reasonable for a generic, value purchase.

UPDATE (Nov 4, 2013): Lamp failed after only about 10 hours of total use since being installed. Looking for replacement on Amazon.com again and apparently, LowPriceDistibutors is selling the same item under multiple headings and descriptions so once again, buyer beware. Lesson learned...will buy direct from authorized/specialty retailer for quality goods. I'll spend twice as much but will have peace of mind. Downgrading review to 1-star since I consider this purchase an epic fail!
on September 10, 2013
This lamp worked really well at first - easy to install, and provided a super bright picture that really put our last lamp to shame. We had no idea how dull our picture was until we installed this new lamp.

However, it crapped out after 30 days. Just under the return deadline for Amazon. I was so disappointed, as we had gone at least 8 years on our old lamp. Now I have a dead TV again, and another piece of junk is headed to the landfill.
on November 29, 2013
I'm now on my 3rd lamp for my Panasonic internal projection HD wide screen TV. This was the best price I could find anywhere. The last purchase was done because we were going to sell our TV to get one of those flat screens. But the picture was so good with this new bulb, we decided to wait another year. This bulb is very easy to replace from the front of the TV.
on September 23, 2013
I saw a lot of negative reviews for this product. It works just fine. I think, as long as you handle the item with latex gloves--from the original package and through the installation--everything should last the way the manufacturer intended. I would buy it again, hopefully not too soon though.
on December 29, 2011
I bought this item in September 2011 from TopSellerWorldWide. Three and a half months later the bulb has blown and the seller is nowhere to be found.

Do yourselves a favor and pay the $20-$30 more for a Phillips or other brand name lamp. These cheap knock-offs are not worth it if they're only going to last a few months. I've had the TV since 2003 and both previous brand name bulbs lasted 4+ years each.
on September 17, 2013
The fit was perfect, however we are having other issues with the tv, so the replacement bulb did not fix the issue. I won't say this is an issue of the bulb, and won't hesitate from recommending the product to anyone else.
on May 13, 2014
When I got the part, the TV was unable to read it properly & did not sync to the TV very easy.

I watch TV about 2hrs Mon. to Fri. & weekends maybe 8-12 hours.

The lamps shattered Fri. May 9, 2014 - Order Placed: September 15, 2013

Didn't even last 1yr!

very disappointed
on May 17, 2015
I bought another bulb from another vendor which was not as bright and only lasted a few weeks. This bulb has much better brightness and is guaranteed for a year. It is worth the $10 more than a cheaper knock-off. So far I'm very pleased.
on March 15, 2012
Search every place imaginable for a new lamp for our tv. Amazon had a wonderful selection and the pricing was awesome. I will order this product again and I recommend anyone looking for a lamp for your tv, buy it here!