5.0 out of 5 stars RF-2400
Published on February 28, 2006 by drongobongo

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound but touchy tuner was too much for me
The big speaker on this baby sounds pretty good and it gets decently loud, but getting the radio to lock into a station is difficult and when you walk by or move your hand near the radio it can disrupt even strong signals. I was expecting more from Panasonic.
Go for the Sony ICF-F10 or ICF-18 if you're looking for a radio this size with good sound and better tuning.
Published 18 months ago by NathanJr

5.0 out of 5 stars RF-2400, February 28, 2006
drongobongo (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
Its not often manufacturers get simple things right, but this is one of them. The RF-2400 is a basic FM/AM radio with no extras. It has a big heavy speaker with a great tone and none of that high frequency tizz that others mistake for quality. Its not obvious in the picture, but the design is exceptional - it is just pure well thought out functionality that looks good and sounds better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RF-2400 Radio, February 7, 2007
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
I have an elderly mother who is blind and has Parkinson's. The big knob on this radio is a Godsend. She can easily tune and control the volume. I have hunted for a radio like this for months, and she is very happy. If the sound was just a little better, I would give it 5 stars; although, she is happy as a clam, and the price is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair Radio Is Worth the Money for Casual Radio Needs, October 1, 2004
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
For the price, the Panasonic 2400 is worth it, that is, if you have no special reception needs. The AM/FM sensitivity is fair and adequate, not great. Separation of stations is only fair so if you have a lot of competing AM stations you may not like this radio and may want to buy, for seventy dollars more, the Grundig S350. But if your AM station is strong and doesn't have interference, you'll probably be happy with the 2400. Its best feature is its speaker, three inches big and superior to the speaker on my 79-dollar Sony SW35. For someone who is a bit of a fanatic about radios like myself, I cannot recommend the 2400. With its weak separation, I just cannot warm up to it. I would rather spend more money on the aforementioned Grundig S35. But at the 35-dollar price point, I think the best radio, featuring digital reception and presets, would be the Sony ICF-M410V. You'll have to pay another fifteen for the AC adaptor, for a total of fifty bucks, but it's well worth it for an "every day" radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school radio!, November 15, 2012
lizzz (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
I bought this for my 72 year old mother in Kansas who wanted a radio that was not digital. She is what I would describe as a "luddite"- she rejects any technology after 1970. She has no cell phone, no computer, not even an answering machine on her home phone. Kinda funny. Anyway, she loves this radio! She gets to listen to her christian stations and I guess it even came with some free offer. Nothing better than making your mom happy. And a great price. She said it was BEAUTIFUL.
UPDATE: My mother LOVES this radio so much she sleeps with it next to her in her bed. Finally, I make my mom proud. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little radio, February 6, 2007
coggins (Hartford, Connecticut United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
A nice little radio. Good sound for the price. I like the easy-to-read station indicator.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I had hoped, May 6, 2007
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
I got this radio for on the job use outside. Good volume with the 4" speaker and holds the stations well. Stands steady and good reception. I needed the battery operation and have found the life of them good for days of use. I use rechargable ones. Just the radio I needed and it's as good as I had hoped it would be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RF-2400 worth the cost, July 3, 2006
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
I purchased this radio to use in my garage/workshop. Reception is good, sound quality very good for a small portable radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Radio, November 1, 2007
Kirk "Kirk" (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
I bought this radio for an elderly person, and it was just what she needed - a simple AM/FM radio with large knobs - no CD or tape player - just a radio that she could work. It is an excellent product for the elderly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice reliable little radio this turned out to be., November 4, 2007
K. Buckner (St. Ann, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
This radio has been a wonderful bathroom accessory for 8 months.
It sounds good, and the batteries last a long time.
I usually listen to one AM and one FM station, and I put a little pencil mark on the face by each number for easy tuning reference.
I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RF 2400 AM/FM Radio, September 27, 2007
This review is from: Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio (Electronics)
This convenient little radio has a wonderful sound. I actually carry it around the house from room to room so that I don't have to turn on other radios. Next to our large stereo system, this has a better sound than other radios. Also. It indicates when a station is properly tuned in. I'm saving on electricity, too, because it has the option of running on AA batteries.

One of my best purchases.

Panasonic RF-2400 AM / FM Radio