2,068 Reviews
 (1,242)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang For Your Buck
Published on March 14, 2006 by Stephen R. Finney

1.0 out of 5 stars Great For the One-Eared. Not So Much For Anyone Else.
These headphones delivered adequate sound for the money...for about one week. After that, the right channel went dead.

This wasn't one week of grueling, sweating, working-out-in-the-gym torture. This was one week of "old guy sitting very, very still in a chair listening to music." And still...PSHHT!!! The darn thing crapped out on me.

For the price,...
Published on August 2, 2010 by Home Studio

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang For Your Buck, March 14, 2006
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HT21 Lightweight Headphones with XBS Port (Electronics)
If you want value for your money, if you lose your headphones too often, if you wear out the cord, or plug on your headphones, these are the ones to get. I have a couple of MP3 players I use at work daily and with them I wear my headphones constantly. I either lose or wear them out whether they are more expensive or cheaper. I was absolutely startled at the bass that came our of these phones. It is deep, rich and accurate. Overall sound is better than a pair I once had that cost me about 10 times as much. Knowing that I would either wear them out or lose them I bought 4 pairs this time. I will definitely buy more when the need arises. An excellent deal, I highly recommend these phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the ONLY headphones I use (if I can help it), March 12, 2009
You've already read from several other reviewers that these headphones have good bass and sound, are extremely durable, and a good price. I completely agree with all these sentiments. Some reviewers have said that they are fragile, and it makes me wonder what they are doing to break them. Are they treating them like ear buds, which have no headband? The band is flexible plastic, but like any other plastic band, too much pressure will make it snap (same goes for the head phones, but I've been able to reattach them a couple of times by just snapping them back in).

What I want to emphasize is the thing that most impresses me about these headphones, which is the reason that they are the only ones I use, and that is that they are EXTREMELY comfortable (for headphones with a band). I've tried several other types and styles: behind the neck Behind-The-Neck Headphones with Fashion Color Caps, extra padding on the headphone speakers Sony MDR-V250V Monitor Series Headphones with In-line Volume Control, even headphones with the same design (wide headband and swiveling headphones so that they adjust to your head size): Coby CVH42 Slim Lightweight Stereo HP & Koss UR5 Stereo Headphones with Foam Ear Cushions.

NONE of the other brands can even compare when it comes to comfort! I can use the Panasonic headphones to work on a project or while playing video games for several hours, or ALL DAY at work, and never have any of the issues I have had with the others. The complaints I find with the others are pinching my ears against my head or just pinching the ears in general, experiencing a squeezing feeling on the top of my head, numbing sensation on the ears, and an inability to stay on.

These are headphones that were either comparable in price (at the time Panasonic went for $15) or design, but they really don't compare where I need them to excel the most. I don't use the other headphones unless I absolutely have to because my Panasonic headphones aren't with me.

My only complaint about these headphones is that after a few years the extending part tends to get a little loose (but not so loose you can't wear them) and that the "foamies" (the material that goes over the headphones) eventually need replacing (which really isn't Panasonic's fault).

4.0 out of 5 stars Best in class, March 21, 2006
These are the best portable headphones in this price range. Good bass and smooth, natural sound. In fact they would probably still be the best bang for the buck at three times the price. If you can afford more, consider the Sennheiser PX100 for about 40-50 dollars. But if you're on a budget or don't want to worry about losing or breaking a more expensive pair of headphones, these are definitely the ones to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I have ever owned, March 3, 2008
Now, I know that may sound cliche, but it's true. I am rough on headphones, plain and simple. I use them at work, shove them in my purse to take home on the weekends, shove them in my laptop case, take them back to work, and rip them on and off my ears all day long. I always kill the cords, and I always seem to lose sound in one ear.

So, when I broke my last set - much to my fury - I set out to find a new one... this set was one of two I ordered. It was the cheaper of the two, initially purchased as a back-up in case the more expensive ones I bought went dead unexpectedly.

Heh. I prefer these to the more expensive ones. I've hardly touched those ones.

Seriously, they have the best bass I have EVER had on a headset. Ever. And, I confess, I'm all about the bass.

These lasted longer than most brands I've had, sound fabulous, and are finally, after almost a year and a half of hard use, are just barely (and I do mean barely)starting to wear down. For me, that's a record. I kill headphones too quickly. I am seriously going to purchase another set, because I was so entirely pleased with these. They're inexpensive, lightweight, and sound amazing.

So, sure, perhaps these won't be your cup of tea if your all into high-tech equipment and sound recording, etc. I'm not. I just want a set of phones that lets me hear every single note and rhythm that my MP3 player or Window's Media Player has to offer. I don't think I can sing their praises enough. They are AWESOME, and I entirely recommend them to anyone just wanting to listen to music and hear all the great sound your player, disc, or computer has to offer.

Muchos Gracias, Panasonic - I LOVE these headphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Absolute Best Bang for your Buck, October 8, 2008
Value: 5/5
Comfort: 5/5
Sound Quality: 3/5
Bass: 3/5
Durability: 4/5
Isolation: 3/5
Volume Sensitivity: 3/5

For a $3 pair of insanely comfortable, clear sounding headphones with some bass that you can feel, no other headphones will offer the value you will get for this one.

Yes, for $15 the Koss KSC75 does sound better but comfort goes down quite a lot with those as they're ear-clip headphones that don't want to stay on your head whilst you move and the ear clips are easy to lose, so you're sacrificing durability and comfort for sound quality.

Yes, for $50 the Sennheiser px100 does sound better, offer richer bass, and better volume sensitivity, but it's 15 times the price of these headphones. If you have the money though, they are definitely an upgrade from the RP-HT21.

I like the clear, fun sound from the RP-HT21 and the nice punchy bass that you can feel hitting your ears. And I especially LOVE its comfort. But I do admit the sound is a bit tinny compared to, say, the Koss UR40. Take my advice and take off the pads that come with the headphones and wear them raw - not only does this make the sound clearer and the bass punchier, but your ears will stay cool and comfortable also. I can wear these for 8+ hours and even sleep with them on. It fits my large head without even stretching it to its maximum length. The drivers themselves vertically adjust to your ears to add to the comfort. I once stepped on them and a driver popped out, but you just pop them back in and they're as good as new. I've owned these for a year now and these still sound and feel as great as day 1. Comes with an adequate 4-foot portable cord, and aesthetically looks okay so you can definitely wear them in public. It's a small thing, but I also like that it has an L-shaped plug. Yes, these are open headphones with no noise cancellation feature so they leak a bit of sound, but only enough so that the people really nearby can hear muffled if the volume is too high. And they don't block outside noise too well, but if you want isolation anyway, you have to buy some huge closed geek-phones, thereby sacrificing comfort and style.

Probably the best $3 you will ever spend, and after you take off the pads for these, I dare you to find something more comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars good bass, September 4, 2003
For such a cheap little thing, bass sounds good. It seems to me that the overall volume is not so strong, but maybe its with all headphones. For the price its a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, Even Better Price, June 23, 2009
I bought 6 pairs of these headphones, because I am constantly wearing out the headphones I use for my computer. I have ended up giving all but two of the pairs away to family members, and Have used the same headset for 9 months now. That is unheard for me, I usually pull at the cords too much and break wires, lose the stereo sound, etc... I would reccomend these to everyone. The sound is fantastic, I watch alot of TV and Movies on my computer and the quality is terrific. I barely hear any background noise. My only complaint is that I wish the cord was about 1 foot longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those rare good deals, March 25, 2008
I was skeptical that the other reviews must be too good to be true, but these headphones appear to be as advertised. They are a bit fragile -- I wish, for example, they had some strain relief for the wires where they leave the headset and frequently break -- but for the price ... buy these. The sound is very good and like others I'm not so fond of earbuds, particularly of *sharing* them. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Good Headphones, July 31, 2000
A Kid's Review
These head phones are excellent considering they're so cheap. The only downside is they break easily. The sound is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best possible value, May 22, 2004
Andreas Mowinckel (Coal Mountain, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
You don't get a better headphone for five bucks! Even though it's your basic cheapo design, the sound quality is unmatched. Good bass and clear sound in general. If you like me go through a pair of headphones per month, buy several. You can't go wrong!