5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones with unrivaled sound quality
Published 12 months ago by William of Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but a tight fit
Good sound, but I can't wear them very long because they are so tight on my ears. I have an average size head and short hair
Published 5 months ago by Pathways Center

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones with unrivaled sound quality, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic RPHT480CS Headphones - Silver (Electronics)
These headphones are AMAZING! I bought these because I needed a pair of headphones to listen to audio when I edited video for school projects and these are some of the best around. I am not afraid to drop a hundred bucks on a headphones if they are going to be excellent for what I am going to be using them for. Now some of the studio headphones can be a little cumbersome to figure out and some even need special software to use, but these sounded great right out of the box. One thing I would recommend as with any pair of headphones is that you burn them in. White noise is good, but there are tracks on youtube of pink noise, this sound is the best because it uses almost all the frequencies that humans can hear. There are tracks that are for 10 hours, but for the purpose of burning in headphones don't go longer than twenty minutes. Once they are burned in you can use these headphones for anything you want to including gaming, music, and editing.

There are some pros and cons that these headphones have and I'll start with the pros.
-Excellent sound, wide range of output with deep bass (as expected with 50mm drivers) and clean trebles at all volumes
-The mic works pretty well, not as good as a stand-alone mic of course but it gets the job done
-Nice durability, have had no problems with them, even after dropping them a couple of times

Next the cons.
-They are not very comfortable, it might be just me because I have a tall head but the top of the headphones are a little hard
-The headphones don't fold very flat, they do fold but I find I don't use that feature that often after all.

Overall - Excellent headphones for all kinds of uses, and they sound great!

9/10 - Overall superb, but get a little uncomfortable after a while

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, December 2, 2013
Matthew Adsit (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
The sound quality is absolutely amazing. The bass is deep and impressive but not overpowering and the treble is reproduced very well with more sounds than I am used to coming through. The iDevice remote and mic works as advertised. The leather ear pads can cause ears to get hot after extended wear though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound! A bit heavy., March 12, 2014
Amy (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RPHT480CS Headphones - Silver (Electronics)
These perform very well, the sound is great and they sufficiently block other noise without making me deaf to the world around. I bought them to listen to music or books when doing yard work, shoveling snow / snow blowing, running the vacuum. They do a great job letting me hear what I want and blocking the noise of the equipment that I am using while still letting me hear if it is not running correctly. The earpieces are comfortable on my ears for a few hours of work. The headphones are a bit heavy and keeping the head piece from falling forward or back is a bit of a hassle for the amount of moving and bending that I am doing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality for the money!, January 27, 2014
Was looking for a quality pair of headphones to use with my iPhone and iPod. I'm impressed with the sound quality considering the affordable cost. The sound continues to improve as the 50mm drivers break-in. Very glad the tone is NOT artificially bass heavy but much more neutral. Very comfortable ear pads that completely cover my ears versus many other over-the-ear styles. Not audiophile grade but closer than I expected! I definitely recommend the Panasonic RP-HT480C-K headphones for people looking for great sounding headphones that have Apple remote controls built-in.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are high quality. Enough said., March 24, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic RPHT480CS Headphones - Silver (Electronics)
I go through headphones frequently. Mainly because I have a big amp I hook them up to and I usually blow them out. To say these are high quality would still not articulate how impressed I am with these headphones. Great sound, great bass, and the amplifier doesn't even make the speakers become distorted (which is golden in the speaker world). They also come with a very big and soft pleather bag to put them in. I find this to be a quality add on that adds a certain luxuriousness to the headphones. And to round it all out it has a built on microphone/volume control that works with apple devices. How cool is that? With the sale price going on right now of only $35 bucks or so (depending) I am planning on buying another pair to save as a gift or to resell to a friend at a higher price. Haha.. You can't blame me for being business savvy. ;D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Music Student, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic RPHT480CS Headphones - Silver (Electronics)
Just got new headphones for better quality sound when listening to my favorite symphonies and these are wonderful! Highly recommended! It also has a great low for people who like heavier bass music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome headphones., November 16, 2013
Fantastic headphones. Great bass response. Very accurate sound across the range. The fit me gently so I can wear them 8 hours a day very comfortably. I like having the mic, I use it with my computer so I don't have to use a separate headset. I like having the single sided cable, it stays out of he way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, clear tone, April 9, 2014
I have high quality music systems in my home. I primarily enjoy instrumental versions of 60s and 70s rock; country; movie and TV themes; Caribbean steel drums; dulcimer and music box. Full symphony orchestras hit the high and the low notes. So I wanted quality headphones for listening without disturbing others.

The Panasonic HT480 allows my ears to be inside the cups so there is no pressure. Others cannot hear what I am listening to and I can barely hear them. The highs and the lows are clean and clear. Individual instruments are easy to pick out. Its almost as good as listening to my high end music system.

One factor that influenced me to buy this set (even though I had not listened to them) was my experience with the Panasonic brand. I have purchased a variety of consumer products made by them over 3 decades and the quality has always been superb. Panasonic always seems to add a few features that others charge more for or do not include.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, January 25, 2014
Pretty good overall headphones. They are nice and soft and I got them for the mic. In the cord which works good as a phone mic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, March 8, 2014
This review is from: Panasonic RPHT480CS Headphones - Silver (Electronics)
The sound from these headphones is fantastic for the 39.99 I paid. The only problem I have is that the inline mic will only work with apple products. The mic didn't work on my friend's android phone or my windows phone.

Panasonic RPHT480CS Headphones - Silver