Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 8 Pack Panasonic NiMH AAA Rechargeable Battery for Cordless Phones
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Most people may assume that since this product (8 Pack Panasonic NiMH AAA Rechargeable Battery for Cordless Phones) bears the Panasonic brand name, it must be the best replacement batteries for Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phones. But that's not necessarily the case.

First, check the battery compartment of your Panasonic cordless phone (for example, the Panasonic KX-TG1062M DECT 6.0 Cordless/Corded Phone). If you see just two loose AAA cells instead of a battery pack, you're in luck! You can put any AAA rechargeable NiMH cells in there, and the phone won't know the difference. When the handset is placed into the charging cradle, the charger won't know the difference either. So it will just continue to charge the batteries at a low current (around 50mA). As long as your replacement batteries have capacity equal or higher than the original batteries, you are good to go.

That said, I highly recommend getting some good-quality LSD (Low-Self-Discharge, also known as 'Pre-Charged') rechargeable batteries, instead of either genuine Panasonic brand or off-brand rechargeable batteries. This is because:

1. The Panasonic NiMH AAA battery have capacities of 700mAh, which is very low by today's standard. Most rechargeable NiMH AAA cells on the market have capacity of 800mAh or higher.

2. Off-brand batteries advertise higher capacities such as '1000mAh', but they usually suffer from rapid self-discharge problem. That means if you leave the handset outside the cradle for just a few days, the batteries will be dead due to self-discharge.

3. LSD batteries are pre-charged from the factory, and they are ready to use right out of the package. That means you can start using your phone with those batteries right away. (Note that the phone may still insist it must be charged for 7 hours, simplest because its charger is dumb)

4. LSD batteries are rated for much longer lifespan (typically 1000 cycles) compared to ordinary NiMH batteries (typically 500 cycles).

As of this writing, you can get about 12 good-quality LSD cells for the same price as just 8 of those Panasonic batteries. Consider, for examples:
Sanyo eneloop AAA Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries (800mAh)
GP ReCyko AAA Rechargeable Batteries Pre-Charged (850mAh)
Tenergy Centura AAA Low Self-Discharge NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (rated 800mAh but measured ~900mAh)

All those batteries above offer higher capacity than the original Panasonic batteries. Furthermore, you get batteries with known quality, instead of trying your luck. That may be more important than cost-saving alone.

[Side Note]
Panasonic purchased Sanyo a few years ago, so all 'Sanyo' brand batteries are manufactured by Panasonic now.
2121 comments|267 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2013
I ordered these batteries as replacements for Panasonic cordless phone batteries. They were advertised as having 700Mah of power. The eight batteries I received had only 550Mah. If you order these batteries, be sure to check what you actually receive to make sure they are correct. I returned my order immediately.
on July 18, 2012
I've been looking for a replacement battery for my wireless home phone and glad to find it at Amazon.com.
My wireless phone has 4 handsets and every time I'm on the phone whether i receive the call or i make the call, more often than not i get disconnected in the middle of the conversation. No doubt it was the battery that has not been replaced for over a year. I cannot find the exact battery of the wireless phone elsewhere until Amazon.com and true enough after replacing the batteries on all handsets, i never had any problems with my phone again. This product lasts for quite a long, time and I'm pleased with the price as well. I will highly recommend this product to my friends who have the same type of phone as i do. thank you.
on June 11, 2013
There was no packaging.All the batteries were placed in a ziplock kind of bag and inside bubble wrap envelope. No idea if they r used or new.
Even the batteries are all 500 Mah instead of 700 as given in description. Not even a bill of sale with it. I am going to return it
on May 5, 2013
After a few years the batteries in my Panasonic cordless phone set began to fail. I bought some rechargeable batteries locally but they quickly failed. I got this set of eight which was just the right number for my 4 phones, replaced them all and now all of the phones work just fine. This small investment in money and a little time was just like getting a whole new phone set. A good deal.
on May 2, 2013
Ordered these batteries to replace my old batteries in my panasonic cordless phone. The old batteries after 10 years finally stopped holding a charge. These new batteries once fully charged hold a charge for a very long time. In fact I have gone days without needing to put the phone back on the charger. Should have bought these replacement batteries years ago
on August 9, 2012
My son gave me a set used Panasonic wireless phones. As I started charging them, I found that he had removed all the rechargeable batteries to protect the phones from battery leakage. I found these batteries on Amazon.com. They were reasonably priced so I ordered them. They were delivered when promised and work like a charm. I highly recommend them.
on December 10, 2015
These must be fraudulent knock-offs. I can't believe that Panasonic would ever allow batteries like this into the marketplace. The Amazon ad says 700 mAhr, but the battery says Min 630 mHhr. They were wrapped in clear plastic packaging, with no Panasonic labeling other than what is printed on the batteries. On putting them in the phone says "charge for 7 hours" like normal. But then after a period of time the phone says "Use Rechargeable Batteries" The batteries eventually charge to the top of the indicator, but run out quickly (about 45 minutes on a speakerphone conference call). Tried a number of batteries from the set and all give the same result. Never had this problem with the original batteries which lasted 5 years, except the time between charges had started going down a bit.

I'm so sorry I didn't look at the user reviews - there are several from recent months who have expressed this same complaint. But I figured what could go wrong - they are batteries from Panasonic, for replacement in their own phones. And Amazon is selling them.
on September 28, 2015
I thought these batteries would last. Didn't last even two months. Now I have to buy more. This is getting expensive. Panasonic needs to do something so that these batteries last longer. Guess I will check into a cell phone.
on October 18, 2015
I replaced aging (8 yo) batteries in 4 of 5 Panasonic handsets with these rechargeable batteries. Two phones would never charge, giving the message "Use rechargable batteries" on the screen. Within a month, the other two handsets were giving the same error message. (With a scientific mindset, I switched out the batteries for all phones and narrowed it down to a battery problem, not a handset problem). I suspect these are look alike fakes. I am very disappointed and will be looking to get my money back.