Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2003
I am a novice at electrical components and was worried about how to make a good choice for this important purchase. After reviewing all the available options, I decided on this item. This stereo system as FAR exceeded my expectations! The quality of sound from this system is comparable to those that cost thousands that I have heard. The speaker system, CD unit, and tuner are TOP RATE. If you are looking for a modestly priced system, with High End performance, I highly recommend this item!
on January 5, 2004
I bought this because I wanted a cheap system with good sound, it exceded my expectations and is great for the price I paid. The sub-woofer is very nice although it is part of the speakers and not a seperate part of the system but it still sounds great and adds the sound. A great buy!
on April 19, 2009
About seven years ago my older sister bought this for me for a Christmas present and I, being about 10, just picked the coolest looking one at Best Buy. If I recall correctly, I think she bought this for $200. I was no audiophile then, but I just remember blasting the music into my little ears.

Jump to now, and I'm hooking it up via AUX to my laptop. Still no audiophile, I have no amp yet, but the sound is pretty intimidating.The mids are clearly present, and I can hear the pristine tsh-tsh's of crashes and hi-hats. The bass drivers shape the sound really well, and you really feel it without any distortion at higher volumes. However, it does tend to overwhelm the other ranges.

This set will play any kind of music well, but it really shines in bass-heavy music. I'm playing Fight Club's OST right now with The Dust Brothers and it feels great. Conversely, Wilco still shines in all its glory. I recommend these for parties though for the bass's danceability.

It's a pretty good set and I'm glad I still have these around.
on December 31, 2003
i purchaced this item for my daughter's big x-mas gift. she already had a unit that was less in cost but wanted a more powerful unit. i made this purchase ONLY because under TECH INFO it says it has 3 speakers--2 L/R and a stand alone SUBWOOFER, WELL IT DOES NOT HAVE A SUBWOOFER!!!!! i beleave this to be false advertizing. i can get no help from any one to resolve thie problem so i intend to take leagel action.