- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Panasonic SC-BT235 Blu-ray Disc 1000W Home Theater Sound System with True Cin...
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Panasonic SC-BT235 Blu-ray Disc 1000W Home Theater Sound System
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
-Sleek design. My wife was a little put off by the tall boy speakers but tolerated them.
-Online content. Access to YouTube, netflix, etc.
-Blu-ray player has problems. It was not able to play Baraka without locking up and rebooting. I thought it might be a problem with the disc, but I cleaned it and saw no scratches, and still the same problem. I read that Baraka has some of the most data-rich graphics, and the player always jammed up on very busy scenes with lots of movement and sound, like the panoramic views of waterfalls with roaring sound. This leads me to believe the blu-Ray player cannot handle it.
-Unit shuts down in the middle of movies, radio, etc. This has consistently happened - the unit just powers off automatically in the middle of a movie or while listening to the radio. Very frustrating.
-No wireless compatibility. Before I bought it I read that some of the panasonic systems have an upgrade for wireless rear speakers, but after contacting support, it does not work with this system. And the wires are way too short for stretching across any but the smallest of rooms.
That's too many bads for me, so I'm returning it to Costco today.
**Update: I got the Sony home theater, and Baraka (the exact same disk) played just fine. So there was a problem with the Panasonic blu-ray player handling the data load. And that was after updating the firmware.
My only minor complaint is that the manual reads like a foreign language and it does take some time and careful exploring to get all of the settings just right. We couldn't be happier with this unit and I highly recommend it to anyone. I hope we can get many years out of this system.
**UPDATE!!! CHANGING FROM 5 STARS TO 1 STAR** It has been a year now and we have returned this item. It started randomly crashing while we were watching something on Netflix. The Viera Cast applications never work right and take forever to load. To make it worse, there was finally a firmware update which we hoped would fix some of these issues. It destroyed the unit! The update downloaded and got through the installation and then froze up on the last step. I let it sit for hours without touching a thing hoping that it was just being slow. After 6 hours it finally stopped flashing the message that it was installing and instead showed "W Open". I tried to power it off or open the tray or do anything and NOTHING! My disc would not come out and nothing would work.
We replaced this unit with a Panasonic SC-BTT273 3D Blu-ray 1000 Watts 5.1 Home Theater System and what a difference it has made! Viera Cast works better & has 30 times more apps. It has not crashed once in the two months we have used it. We didn't need the 3D but we still paid less for this unit than the one I am reviewing.
Please consider buying something besides the SC-BT235!!!!
1. The blue-ray player was having trouble reading disks right from the beginning, it would skip and get stuck. The disks were pristine and without scratches. I did some research, and found that a system upgrade could be had for free online. This turned out to be relatively simple for me, but I consider myself somewhat tech-saavy. I had to burn a software update to a CD-Rom and install it in the player. I shouldn't have to do this to a unit that is a week old.
2. This unit IS NOT wi-fi capable. You have to purchase the optional wi-fi adapter that is currently going for $99 here on Amazon. What's up with that? The box advertises itself like it's plug and play wi-fi ready, and that is not the case. An extra 100 bucks prices it right out of it's competitor's range, and makes this a poor value. I also don't see why the adapter costs $99, it's just a very simple wi-fi adapter that should be $30-40 at most.
I take it back, this unit IS NOT wi-fi capable AT ALL. There is no where to connect the DY-WL10 wi-fi adapter. Despite the box and this website saying it is VIERA CAST wifi ready, it is not. Despite the DY-WL10 adapter website saying it is compatible with the SC BT-235, it is not. There is no USB connection port on the SC BT-235.
Complete and total false advertising. So when I called Panasonic support to complain about this, I got a guy who wanted to argue with me about what wi-fi ready really means. So twice when I asked for a supervisor, my call got dumped each time.
This unit is not worth half what I paid for it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
after having this product for a few years, it broke. i called panasonic's service desk and they are trying to charge me to help trouble shoot. never have i heard of such a thing!! Read morePublished 20 months ago by Huge-Bert
It has been good since i bought it and to me i dont have any problem with it. I like it.Published on January 8, 2014 by Zach
sounds great but i dont like how netflix works you can't have the scroll menu you only get whatever movies you put into the instant queue from a computer. pretty lame. Read morePublished on February 14, 2013 by Amazon Customer
On the surface this is a pretty good unit, just don't expect it to do well digitally.
If you want digital sound using the fiber optic cable you will be disappointed! Read more
I read the reviews and the description for this exact model and they mentioned wifi capabilities. I got the product almost all assembled and looked on the back and no wifi... Read morePublished on October 30, 2011 by mamadragon04