5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 2.1 system.
Pros:
1. Subwoofer is awesome. It works on 5.8Ghz frequency so does not interfere with other wireless electronic in house.
2. Ability to set it up as 2 speakers.
3. No distortion in sound at any volume.
4. Receiver is not part of sub or speakers and has 2 Digital inputs. This makes it much more flexible.

Cons:
1. Remote can be better,...
Published on April 17, 2012 by B. Bhamra

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but pricey
I've yet to figure out whether I really like the SC-HTB350 or not. I've had it (purchased elsewhere) for less than 24 hours and am still fiddling with the settings, so I'll give you what I like and don't like...so far.

LIKE - The sub is spectacular with a superb range! I am hearing frequencies in songs that I rarely hear from other subs.
LIKE - Very little...
Published on April 15, 2012 by alceryes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 2.1 system., April 17, 2012
B. Bhamra (MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic SC-HTB350 Energy Star 2.1-Channel 240-Watt Multi-Positional Audio System with Wireless Music Streaming via Bluetooth (Electronics)
Pros:
2. Ability to set it up as 2 speakers.
3. No distortion in sound at any volume.

Cons:
1. Remote can be better, not a big deal as I use a universal remote.
2. Lcd/Led display on the receiver would have been better.

Movies and Music sound awesome on this so overall very happy with the purchase.

Sept. 2013: Still going strong. I replaced the satellite speakers with Pioneer Bookshelf-22 and they have taken the system to another level.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, June 11, 2012
book reader "mary" (Santa Barbara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This system offers are reasonably affordable way to get good quality sound out of your TV. What's the use of having that big, gorgeous screen if you have to listen to the sound from its crappy built-in speakers? But... the ability to stream wireless music is, for me, one of the best parts of this system. The Panasonic SC-HTB350 2.1 channel Home Theater System is reasonably compact, has great sound quality, is easy to set up and use. The sub-woofer delivers quality output. I really appreciate the system's versatility - speakers can be used tabletop style vertically, or wall mounted and used horizontally like a sound bar. The receiver And a wireless sub-woofer? I love it.
The remote isn't the best, but I've used worse. I'm really happy with this system and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound in a small versital package, August 26, 2012
Ive had this unit now for over a month and I love it for what it is and what it was designed for that being apartment life for those who care about the neighbors.
Alot of reviews have knocked this unit for some petty reasons. I don't know what they expected for a small compact 2.1 system. Because of the versatility it sounds better than more pricy units. Being able to seperate the speakers and configure the unit where it sounded best is the reason I bought it.

It does not block the remote reciever on your tv, you can seperate the speakers for much better sound quality of sound than a standard sound bar at a comparable price and the remote sub woffer means I can move it to any location with out wire run around the room. I have my sub on the bottom shelf of my end table close to me so I can back off the bass and still get some of the best sounding bass response with out cranking it up and being a nuisence to my fellow apartment dwellers.

I bought this unit when we decided to move out of our house to apartment life. I had 3 full size 5.1 systems 1 sony 2 jvc. I knew that they would be way to much for a apartment so I went out and tried several soundbar systems and small 5.1 systems. I had almost decided on a yamaha soundbar (no wirless sub great sound to much bass at higher volume and not as good sounding bass) and then I saw this system and spent alot of time moving it into different configurations on the display and concluded that it had a better sound than the more expensive yamaha even thought that was 7.0. The difference was the ability to seperate the speakers and position the sub where I wanted it plus use the tv sound a little bit in conjunction made it sound similar to a 5.1 and not so heavy on the bass but better sounding bass. The remote is small and simple (so what so is the one to my bose docking systems) and works well from all angles.

**********NOTE for some reason this edit split my original review and the new post stars here Skip down to the next notation to read the original review in its entirety befor reading this addition. Sorry...

Update 9/19/12 I now have the Yamaha YAS-101 sound bar that I was considering over the panisonic using bounus points from my visa to buy for my other TV and now have somthing to compare too as both units have similar specs and are in the same price bracket. I would have gotten the panisonic again but the choices are limited on bounus programs and I was suprised to find the very unit I was considering. Fate I guess. The rooms are slightly different but the distance from speakers to sitting area is the same. The yamaha also claims to be 7.0 whereas the panisonic claims 2.1. With out alot of tech talk we will just leave it simple.

The Yamaha is a really great sounding system. However it does not have a seperate subwoofer but you can buy one and hook it up meaning wires and limited options of placement.. Yamaha specifies a yamaha model sub for this as it has a linking wire for the sub system. The yamaha does not have a auto shutoff for the system whereas the panisonic does after 1/2 hr of no signal . Alot of other features are the same ..clear voice etc.

The yamaha only has 2 optical inputs and one digital coaxial. The bass from the yamaha is impressive for being a small integrated part of the system however this also means that unless you wall mount you are warned about excessive bass harming you tv at high volume max bass, this problem does not exsist with the panisonic with its wirless sub as a seperate unit and the panisonic bass beats the yamaha in every respect for its subwoofer.

With the panisonic I can hook up my I POD with the rca hookups and I have 2 optical inputs as well.

Mounting the yamaha took some head scratching as it is 35" lomg and 4 1/2 inches deep and would not fit in my bookcase style entertainment center. It also would block my tv remote sensor but there is a feature in the yamaha forpass thru or relay but looked to be a pain to set up. I have a limited space and cannot open up the space any wider than my tv at 31 ". I finally ended up putting it on top of the entertainment center. I would prefer it to be more lower to lessen the chance of the sub sending bass up thru the floor for my upstairs neighbor. This puts the bass at 1 ft below the ceiling were the seperate sub unit of the panisonic can go anywhere in the room I want which is to my right side behind me on the bottom of my end table.

With the panisonic there was no issue of mounting the rest of the unit as I split the unit in the middle and mounted the speakers on stands about 8 ft apart facing me at ear level and the main control unit is 1ft wide 7' deep so it fit very nicly on the second shelf of my tv stand leaving plenty of room for cable bx and blue ray player. I did buy some brown thermostat 2 wire and extended splicing the wiring enough so that I just spooled up the white stock wire and hid it out of sight behind the stand. Not because the whie wire was a problem it really did not stick out as I mounted the seperate speakers on stands instead of wall mounting. I cannot tell the difference between the alleged 7.0 of the yamaha verses the sound of the 2.1 panisonic. There is slightly better mid range on the yamaha.

As to the knitpicking about the remote and lack of led read out the yamaha has the exact same indicator light set up as the panisonic and works in the same coded fashion which I now have masterd. I also observed that few sound bars have led readout. The remotes for both units are almost identical with the yamaha slightly larger and having seperate buttons for selecting surround or stereo and clear voice either one works fine.

So there you have it. The yamaha is a excellant sounding unit and I would say that most reasonable people will be amazed at the sound quality over their stock tv sound but... hands down I recommend the panisonic over the yamaha. Because of the different configurations you can set up it sounds much better to my ear than the straight on yamaha sound bar I hope this addresses some of the petty nay saying on the panisonic as this makes them mute. In this price range It is definatly the panisonic and you will not be sorry if you get one. I am certain now my original comparison in the store of these 2 sound bars and ultimate choice of thePanisonic was the right one.

********** NOTE I somehow split my original review with the edit/update so what follows is the rest of my original post Sorry... the following is the rest of the original post

As to the lack of a led display well I guess if you like alot of flashy unessary led displays you will complain. Yes the speaker wires are white. SO WHAT. Once you get used to working this unit you realize that a led display would be redundant and not needed. Like anything you get used to using it and without the read out. It's simply a matter of using your brain and not needing everything spelled out in written display. I personally like the fact that I don't have a blue led disply shining in my eyes that you can't read unless you are looking straight on anyway.
It's all a matter of getting used to which does not take that much and the little led indicator lights can be seem from any angle so I know what I am set at and my ears tell me if the sound is where I like it.

The best thing is the sound of the bass. It is crisp clear bass that sounds much better than my larger systems more expensive systems subs. I get all the full rich distinct bass with out cranking it up. In short audio purists can knock this for alot of reasons most all I have read made no difference to me and seem petty and pointless other than letting you know what you are getting. This is not a high tec unit but it does have superior sound to alot of other systems I listened to that cost $100.00 or more than this unit.

I am very fussy about sound quality but not a purist elite with 1,000 sf listening area and for what his unit provides I am frequently impressed for a 2.1 system. My Ipod classic sounds great thru it as well. Wish I could have a big high teck unit in this apartment but am very satisfied and once again amazed at this little compact versatile system and so are my neighbors. It will get loud if you want to crank it and still sound good with out distortion.

At his time I am totally happy with this purchase and for my needs could not get better sound for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but pricey, April 15, 2012

LIKE - Very little distortion across the volume range.
LIKE - Visually, this is a great set with sleek lines. I have it set up as two separate speakers.

DON'T LIKE - White speaker cables. Why they would produce a sleek black system and package ugly white cabling with it is beyond me - and before you go out and just buy black speaker cable keep in mind that the main unit has a proprietary connection for the speakers.
DON'T LIKE - The remote is small and cheesy, like it was just an after thought.
DON'T LIKE - The high frequencies have great support from the tweets. The sub handles the low frequencies with ease. The midrange, however, is a little lacking. To be fair, I may just need to mess with the settings more but that leads me to my biggest gripe...

BIGGEST DON'T LIKE - The controls are horrible! I expect much more finesse at the controls of a $300, 2.1 stereo system. Instead, all I get is blinking LED's that tell me what level I'm at. No LCD, not even numbers! With all of the different settings this system has (it has a bunch) it is completely idiotic to have to hold down <whatever button> for 2 seconds until this LED blinks then hit <whatever button> and watch for this LED or that LED to blink! I'd expect that from a system that costs half what this one does (maybe).

Truthfully, I will probably be returning this system. The sound quality is great, the looks are great, the controls - well, I've seen better controls on $100 boom-boxes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound, February 28, 2013
J. Alvarez (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

Let me start by saying I am not a super geek when it comes to audio. But with that said, I can tell the differences between good quality and bad. I know how having tweeters for hi-range can make a drastic difference, etc.

Sorry if it is a bit messy as I am not a big review writer but I wanted to clarify some of the reviews I read about this system.

1) Price range.
It is decent at best at the MSRP price. If you get it under that price you are getting a pretty darn good deal and I will be jealous. Overall, dollar for dollar the Panasonic sound-bar is one of the better if not best bang for your buck. The HTB-20 hands down the by best by far in audio fidelity vs cost.

2) Overall Quality of sound. (all speakers)
Far better than audio produced from the built-in TV speakers hands down.)
-) Understand this is not a 5.1/7.1 surround system. Don't expect to have the fidelity and quality of them. If that's the type of sound you seek, then don't waste your time on any sound-bar as you will be disappointed.
-) This will outperform (and I will go out on a limb) any/all built-in speaker from your TV.
-) Hi-Range: Crisp and clear. Nothing negative to say. (4/5 rating)
-) Mid-Range: Yes it does not handle the mid range so well, however it is passable (3.5/5 rating)
-) Low-Range: performed above average. (3.5/5 rating)

3) Built-in bluetooth connectivity.
-) For those of you that do not know or have made remarks of the audio quality when connected by Bluetooth, understand most if not all connections made via Bluetooth are delayed/lagged. That is the norm. As far as the quality, and I am fairly picky about my audio quality, I rate it 3/5 I do not think there is such a setup which I would listen to audio via Bluetooth + speaker system out there that I would ever give 5/5 rating. Bluetooth just does not have the fidelity for it, but throwing a party and want to play your music from phone or Bluetooth enabled device, you will not be disappointed.

4) Wireless Sub.
-) Not the best sub or worst sub I've ever experienced. Does seem to have that rumble or "thump" other reviews speak of but overall it is average. (6/10 rating)
-) Positioning has very good range. I went as far as placing it behind my sofa (about 3 yards) and clear and responsive.

5) Receiver unit: (Not really a receiver but I will call it that)
-) Considering other competing brands at this price range have multiple inputs and outputs, it could not have hurt to place at minimum 1 HDMI in and out to justify this unit. To be honest this unit is really unnecessary. Take the HTB-20 as a prime example, does all of what the HTB-350 does (excluding the wireless Sub and Bluetooth) and performs equally as well without the need of this box.
-) The two optical inputs work wonderfully well. But yes you do need to buy these cables. (and no they should not come with them, think printer cables) I got mine from Amazon.com as well for less than $12.
-) Has no letters or numbers to read when you are changing anything, but does not really need them. You have blinking LEDs when you push any buttons on the remote.
-) Has redundant buttons on the box for volume rocker an well as input changer. Only thing on on the box is the Bluetooth pairing button.

6) Remote: (This was an after thought)
-) Has a couple of other buttons which the box unit did not have: Bluetooth pairing, Sub level +/- button, and one for voice (forgot the exact name) +/- button. This does noticeably help to hear the voice of the title you are watching. Leaving it mid way usually work best for both overall clarity and fidelity of voice/sound fx/music.

Overall experience with this unit has been great. I am very happy I bought this unit although I would highly recommend the cheaper HTB-20 to anyone as that has the better bang per buck value. (4.5/5 rating)

Hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest and cheapest way to fall in love with your existing TV, July 10, 2013
I bought this after watching the movie 'The Grey' on my iphone with ear buds, the sound effects of the movie were so powerful in conveying the mood (many scenes take place at night and only a camp fire to illuminate) - I felt watching it even on a real TV wouldnot be as good unless the sounds were able to bring me 'into' the movie.

The unit is top notch, especially for its price point.

The sound is extremely crisp. I use it all the time with the A/C blasting and can hear dialogue perfectly, even though the over all sound is not turned up.
The bass is MASSIVE. If you want to jam, this unit can handle it.
And if you just want to get more depth to a movie, this unit will provide it, regardless of the how high or low you set it.

Plus the fact that you can connect via Bluetooth was the clincher for me. Talking about covering all bases, I have a home theater and stereo for less than I spent for just the subwoofer of a 5.1 system.
I would go as far as challenge anyone looking at a complete surround sound system to stop and check this product out, none of the nonsense of running wires around the room.

One last point, there are two ways to set up the unit, either two individual speakers or connecting them into a soundbar. I was going to use them together but found it sounded awesome when they were apart and what was even cooler is the fact that they sounded BETTER when I placed them BEHIND my TV. (in otherwords you cant see the speakers, they are firing directing into the back of my tv) I think this may help ad depth, but bottom line, these little speaker will be clearly heard no matter where you place them.

5.0 out of 5 stars This small device makes ALL THAT SOUND?!, April 19, 2013
Wow, have I been impressed with this setup!

First, a little background: My wife and I bought a new flat panel TV, a 50" Samsung, and the picture was fantastic. However, the sound really lacked (as many flat panel tv's do). Especially since we're big into movies, the tv sound just wasn't going to fly.

I knew I'd have to get some external speakers, but I really didn't want wires strung all over my living room. In addition, I tried a soundbar once and was really disappointed in the horrible quality sound.

Enter the SC-HTB350. It only has 2 speakers, but I was blown away by the depth of the sound. It filled my room beautifully. Not only did the speakers sound excellent, there's also a wireless subwoofer which gives an excellent rumble in the action scenes.

The speakers can be setup separately, one on each side of the TV, or they can be connected in a soundbar configuration. They easily plug in to the receiver and they're clearly labelled which is left and right. I put one on each side of the TV and set my sub about 10' away beside a couch. It's a nice looking sub, no one even notices it. The sub is simply plugged in to the wall and will connect automatically to the receiver once the receiver is turned on for the first time. Literally nothing needs to be done for the sub.

Not only does the system put out some great sound, it features bluetooth so I can connect my ipad/iphone to it and stream music! That was a huge bonus for me, and I actually use it quite a lot. Pairing was simple, as bluetooth generally is.

The receiver is very simple. It doesn't even have a display, which, at first, threw me off a bit. However, once you realize how everything is set up, I actually prefer it (nothing to try to read from 15 feet away). It uses a series of LED lights to show which source is active. One very simple way to find the correct source is just to click "input" on the remote until you get sound from the device you're on. For instance, if you are playing a DVD, just click the remote for the receiver a couple times until you hear your DVD. Super easy.

The receiver has a power saving mode where it will turn off if not used for awhile (seems like about 10 minutes, but that's just an estimate).

The remote is also very simple, which I love...I hate those remotes that have 500 buttons, and I can never find the one I need. This remote has volume up and down, subwoofer volume up and down, a source button and a power button. Might be one or two others, but that's basically it. The remote includes the battery.

The one possible negative is that the receiver won't accept many connections. There are 2 optical (fiber) ports and an "aux" connection. I have my Xbox 360 and my dvd player hooked up to the optical ports. If I had other stuff, I'd be out of luck. (The "aux" port would work, but that's typically the lowest quality port available.) The 2 optical connections work fine for me because I like a real simple media center. I don't like a lot of wires and stuff tangling up. But for people who have a lot of stuff hooked up, this might be insufficient.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but this system gives me plenty of sound, plenty loud, and very simply. It also has just the right balance between features and complexity, that it's a great system for anyone who just wants louder/better sound. Sure, you can spend $1500 on a Bose system and I'm sure the sound would be even better and louder. But for my money, the improvement isn't going to justify the extra cost. This is plenty for me, and probably plenty for 90% of people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to our big screen. Bluetooth Music option is great!, January 1, 2013
Our 52" plasma had speakers that were starting to distort and sound pretty bad. We got this set as an inexpensive quick fix. It certainly does the job. It is not to be confused with a high dollar surround system. It is not that. But it replaces the TV's speakers and adds a fair bit of volume and lots of low end from the wireless sub-woofer. I've got the sub placed next to the couch about 15 feet from the TV and it works great to help fill the room with sound. Being able to wirelessly play music from my iPhone from almost anywhere in my small house through this set is a huge plus for me. I get plenty of sound to fill the house. Set up is quick and easy.

Con: This package DOES NOT come with an optical audio cable. (we had plenty of RCA cables around to get it hooked up initially) Eh... I can pick one up for under 10 bucks, but I expected it to be included. Small, but short-lived disappointment upon opening.

It's not going to impress your audiophile pals in sound quality but it's plenty of good sound for the average TV watcher. The remote takes about 5 minutes to get used to. It's in no way a con, just nice simple controls. I'm actually glad that there isn't an LED or LCD display on the base unit. I don't like all of those extra lights under my TV.

Tivo users can use volume code 1200 in Tivo Setup to have the Tivo remote control the volume levels on this unit.

Overall, for under $200 this is a steal! -1 star only because I've owned better sounding speakers in the past but I paid a LOT more for them!

4.0 out of 5 stars its awesome, December 4, 2012
the quality is great. It even looks good in the apartment, the only problem I have is you can't tell what the volume level is.

4.0 out of 5 stars great system for the price, November 24, 2012
I bought this to go with my Panasonic TV and Panasonic Blu-ray player- I wanted brand consistency and I don't think I missed out on anything by sticking to Panasonic. The sound is great and loud - wireless subwoofer is great and the bluetooth reaches really far with my phone. The "surround" sound doesn't give quiet as good an experience as the multi-speaker system but if you are looking to not have wires everywhere or a ton of cost this is the way to go.

I do wish it accept HDMI inputs (as I had to buy optical audio cables which I found online cheap), but the digital audio works great.