Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic SC-NE3 Compact Wireless Speaker System with Airplay, Bluetooth and DLNA
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 25, 2013
I have this unit wall-mounted with the top of the unit about 4 feet above the floor and it serves as the only sound system for my Apple TV/Epson EX7120 low-budget projector "home theater" system in my master bedroom. The sound quality overall is very good for watching movies and watching YouTube videos, but you can't compare it to a real sound system with individually placed speakers. After all, it's a single compact unit with one 3" subwoofer and two 1" tweeters.

If you're ghetto like me and like to watch YouTube rap videos, don't turn up the volume past 30 (max is 40) because the unit will rattle your walls, and this may in part due to the mounting "system" they provide, which is just two metal specially-shaped hooks to hang the speaker on. Given the fact that most people will wall-mount this thing, I wish they would have designed it with rubber cushions for all the wall contact points.

Now for the BAD part: for the AirPlay feature that relies on wifi, which is one of the most important features, this unit does *not* work well with all routers, so make sure you have or plan to buy one of the supported routers (see http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/audio/compatibility/ne5/router_na.html). I first had this hooked up to an Asus RT-N66U, and it connected at first, but would randomly drop the AirPlay connection every few minutes, which drove me nuts! After a few weeks of that bs, I decided to try a Netgear WNDR3400, which is one of the supported routers that costs less than half the Asus, and now it works perfectly everyday. If I had the Netgear to begin with, I probably would have given this speaker 5 stars.
on September 5, 2014
With an Apple AirPort Extreme setting up AirPlay should've been the easiest thing in the world, especially for a geek like me who's set up his fair share of wi-fi networks, computers, Apple TVs, wireless speakers, bla bla bla. I could not get AirPlay to work, to matter how many hoops I jumped through via their instructions, app, and so on.

Bluetooth worked fine (otherwise I would've rated it only 1 star), but that's not what I bought it for, so I sent it back.
on March 26, 2015
I love my SC-NE3! I was looking for an affordable wireless speaker with a decent sound. The SC-NE3 is all that and more. Because it's stationary and does not rely on a built-in battery, it can actually be a little bigger than your average Bluetooth speaker. As with any speaker: size=volume=sound. I frequently get positive comments about the speaker by visiting friends and when I tell them that it was only about $110 they usually do not believe me. On top of the great sound, the connectivity is flexible with Bluetooth, Airplay, Line in and (DLNA - haven't tried that yet). I would definitely buy the speaker again and can whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a wireless speaker for the home.
on August 3, 2014
A great addition to our musical experience. We first purchased the Panasonic SC-NE1 with expectation that we could use it with airplay, but it will only connected using Bluetooth, so we ending up returning it and ordering the the SC-NE3. We liked everything about the SC-NE1 except the Bluetooth connection, the audio would brake up at times. The SC-NE3 has solid connection using airplay. I found it difcuit get to set up airplay with the iMac, but using the Panasonic app for setting up airplay made it allot easier getting airplay connected. We enjoyed sound and controls so well that we ordered a second unit to play our music in another room of the house. The only time we experience brake up audio with airplay is when the microwave oven is running in the kitchen.
on December 8, 2014
It sounds great and easy to connect. I actually mounted it in a wall where I took out an old intercom system in my kitchen. I could not find a wall mounted bluetooth speaker anywhere and this worked out perfectly. Loving it!
on December 4, 2014
Great item. The airplay is awsome with android devices. Took two tries to setup the network but less then 5 minutes in total. Great. I now have built my own version of 5 zone Sonos for less then $700.00. I ordered a 2nd speaker.
on January 12, 2015
it's not bad for the money...you get what you pay for I supposed and in this case...I didn't pay much so I shouldn't have expected much. There are far better Bluetooth speakers out there for a little more money....this is not one of them
on June 1, 2015
Only can connect one Bluetooth device!
on January 19, 2015
Great sound. Easy to set up.
on January 30, 2015