5.0 out of 5 stars big movie theater sound
Published 23 months ago by B. Johnson

One of its HDMI ports is an ARC (Audio Return Channel) port, and I have my (Panasonic) television connected to it. I also have a Panasonic proprietary HDMI Viera link established between the TV and AMP.
The ARC connection allows the TVs' sound to play through the AMP.
Published 19 months ago by Ron Rahav

3.0 out of 5 stars I purchased it for its Viera Link, So that I could control the Amps' volume through the Television, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic SCXH70 5.1-Channel DVD Home Theater System (Electronics)
The ARC connection allows the TVs' sound to play through the AMP.
The Viera link connection allows me to control the AMP's volume by pointing my remote at the TV (my AMP is hidden, and I can't point my remote at it)

Everything is working fine now, but.......
When I first tried to set it up, the Viera link didn't work properly, some menu items were disabled or unavailable, and the (Sony) Blu-Ray player didn't work through the HDMI port. I had to figure out how to reset the unit back to factory defaults, and reconfigure it and the TV from scratch, before I got it to work.

This unit replaced an older Panasonic SC-PT956/SA-PT956 home theater system that I ‎was unable to get to work (with viera link) with my new TV, even though it worked (with ‎some problems) with my old TV.‎

As an Engineer and IT manager, my experience with Panasonic in general is as Follows:
They make Very good, reliable and cost effective Televisions - but that's where it ends. Every things else of theirs that I tried was poor to mediocre.
Mediocre Blu-Ray player
Mediocre to poor Amplifiers / Home theatre
Very Poor printers
Very poor blank recordable Blu-Ray disks
In my dealings with their corporate offices, they were unresponsive, and would not help me with warranty issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars big movie theater sound, April 1, 2013
This system was a big surprise for the money. It has very good quality sound and I am pleased with it in every way so far. It was also easy to set up. I ended up placing speakers on the wall with exception of the sub-woofer. Connected it to a 51" Samsung plasma screen. Picture and sound are incredible. If you don't live in the country the sound may disturb your neighbors. Very happy I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, December 29, 2013
I was kinda worried when I first saw the size of the syste. I hooked it up.. played some dubstep.. and WOW!! WUBBB bass is nice

4.0 out of 5 stars great, June 7, 2014
I enjoy this system sounds gd im happy with it I added an additional subwoofer to this surround sound system

2.0 out of 5 stars The Panasonic System, January 18, 2014
I am not pleased with the system as it is not the quality that I was needing. Would like to return it for a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the cost., April 29, 2013
For the price this system sells for you really cant ask for too much more. It's smaller than expected but it does kick out some bass and good sound once you get the settings right. The only thing it may be lacking at higher volumes is some nice crisp highs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, January 27, 2015
Great power for a small system. Had a 1000 Watt system by panasonic that lasted me 11 years and recently went out leading me to purchase this one. While the bass is obviously not as power it sounds very very good. Clean clear sound. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, May 4, 2014
This sound system woks great. This is Ideal for a smaller room. I'm satisfied with the transaction . Arrived promptly

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad with my purchase., February 17, 2015
I very happy with the product. I don't too much from the subwoofer but I think I got to play with the seeing on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk. DVD player only works half the time, ..., February 24, 2015
Junk. DVD player only works half the time, and leaves abrasions on any DVD or CD you try to play in it. JUNK!

Panasonic SCXH70 5.1-Channel DVD Home Theater System