4.0 out of 5 stars the LAST 2 REVIEWS are incorrect !
Dear All ... The last 2 reviews were probably done by people who didn't know what they were doing or talking about ! ... but there again, they could have been trying to compare it to a $5000 TV studio camera ! Who KNOWZ ! ! Maybe the competition became jealous !!!!!! :) :) ...or else they just smoked a LOT of weed and got lost in the back-lighting ! !

I...
Published on September 17, 2011 by nigelguitar

3.0 out of 5 stars The magnification is great but the quality from far distances is not as ...
I use it to record athletic events from a long distance away. The magnification is great but the quality from far distances is not as good as i expected.
Published 5 months ago by Ricardo Rolle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars the LAST 2 REVIEWS are incorrect !, September 17, 2011

I have owned several PRO cameras over the last 20 years .

I have owned my Pana. SDR-H100 for several months and have had good results so far . It FAR exceeds my old Sony BETA-PRO camcorder that cost $1000's .... and cost $100's in mechanical repairs on an every-other month basis due to its' age . BUT I'm gonna' miss my SONY ! !

The Pana. (so far) is user-friendly and easy to handle . The "finger" controls are easy to use ... as well as navigating through the "on-screen-display" . Picture quality and Audio quality are VERY GOOD when using a Series 10 SD Card (16 GIG+) in XP mode . The manual says that the internal 80 GIG HD can get "confused" by heavy bumps or LOUD sounds ..... I have yet to find this problem .

It's NOT a "Studio TV Camera" .... it's VERRRY small & lightweight in comparrison .... and it has a LOT of good stuff going for it for the price ! !

I highly recommend this product to the LOW$ to MED$ Spender .

I ALSO recommend that you "DO YOUR HOMEWORK" before you purchase ANYTHING !

5.0 out of 5 stars A great SD Camcorder, April 2, 2012
B. Garrett (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic SDR-H100S Camcorder (Silver) (Electronics)
I've had this camera for four months now and it's been excellent so far. It has a 3500x zoom mode available as well as a 78x enhanced zoom. The image stabilization is very good and the built-in 80GB hard drive makes using an SD card unnecessary, though one can also be used if you wish. It lacks an HDMI port and transfer to a computer is done through the USB port. I have been unable to get the included software to install under Windows 7, but it did install fine and works on an XP machine. Note that you will need that software installed and working properly on a computer in order to transfer video from the camera. I'm not sure why there is such a variation in price between the three colors this model comes in (black, silver, or red), as the color is the only difference between them. Overall, a this is a very good camera available at an excellent price.

Note: I believe some people are getting confused with the acronyms "HD" and "HDD" as they apply to camcorders. HD means "High Definition," while HDD means "Hard Disk Drive." This model is *NOT* HD -- but it does have an HDD. In other words, it's a Standard Definition camcorder with a hard drive. Be aware that videos recorded with this unit will look great on a Standard Definition TV, but horrible on a High Def TV. If you plan on playing back your videos on an HD TV, you'll need to record them using an HD camcorder and not an SD unit like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than anticipated, October 2, 2011
Pro's are that Camera is extremely small and easy to transport. The zoom is truly unbelievable and the video is certainly acceptable for my use which is recording deer.
Con's are that its almost a requirement that you use a tripod to video especially if you intend to fully utilize the zoom. This is not truly a con but more a requirement. Great little camera for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, yet powerful, April 13, 2013
This is a great camcorder; very small but loaded with great features. The color is fantastic, too. Just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leo The Lion, April 3, 2013
From what I have seen from others video reviews & spec readings this is a fabulous piece of equiptment at a Great Price.I will do another review with in a week of the delivery. I made the purchase on 4-1-13. the order is to arive on 4-4-13. It comes from the factory no warrenty , sold as is for $129.00 FREE Shipping .Panasonic said it was an open box issue and they state it is in like new condition or is up to factory specs, so I am gambling on there word. As for Amazon, Thank you so much for my Panasonic SDR H100R Camcorder. Leo The Lion.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Version of the Panasonic SDR-H85 series video cam with 80 gb hdd used but like new for one third the cost of new., November 16, 2013
fine...great price.works well...meets my needs. I had one like it, so I was glad to get another, and the upgrade for the model, at 1/3 the price a new one would have cost me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple camcorder, July 2, 2013
We've been using this camcorder for nearly a year and a half now and it suits our needs. Nice and simple with a decent zoom, adequate hard drive space, and a few bells and whistles (we didn't need many). It's small and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and small, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic SDR-H100S Camcorder (Silver) (Electronics)
Camcorder has all the features I want. Quick to turn on and catch a shot. Easy to upload to the computer. I'm very pleased with my purchase of this Digital Camcorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little camera that's easy to use, December 26, 2012
Tom (Norman, OK, United States) - See all my reviews
My wife, who is not tech savy, figured it out in about 10 minutes and has been using it ever since. Great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 18, 2012
This is one amazing little camcorder - we use it to video from the deer stands - at 200yards away - i can zoom in and count the whiskers on their faces perfectly.....love it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›