5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase This Year
Published on August 17, 2009 by R. Tofiga

2.0 out of 5 stars Steaming and Spitting Rice Cooker
Overall this rice cooker is doing the job. I just don't like cleaning up afterwards. The steam coming out of the lid can make a mess. I have to clean it up everytime. I would recommend a different brand or model that can cook rice without additional work.
Published on August 29, 2011 by marcelino s marcelo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase This Year, August 17, 2009
R. Tofiga (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I was kind of skeptical in ordering this rice cooker because I have had a National Brand Rice Cooker for over 20+ years and it finally gave out. When I researched that Panasonic had bought out National, I thought that I would give it a try and I'm glad that I did. It cooks the rice perfectly and I like that it keeps the rice warm for up to 12 hours. It is very easy to use and cleaning is a breeze. This is the best purchase that I have made all year. I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast cooking and does a great job, October 7, 2009
This review is from: Panasonic SR-TEG10 5-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker/Warmer/Steamer with Domed Lid (Kitchen)
If you are looking for a rice cooker just to cook rice, buy this. Do not buy those fancy ones which is more expensive and takes 1 hr to cook the rice. I bought this cooker as a replacement for the old one I have because the membrane of the container is wearing out. Thumbs up on this. NOTE: before I made the purchase, I was thinking if I should buy the rice cooker with the multi functions. After speaking with some friends(they have those), their feedback help me to make this right choise. PS:I am Asian so I have rice everyday. My American husband is eating rice too. :) JC.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best choice, August 1, 2007
Mark Page (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I actually did a lot of research before buying this, and it really paid off. This is a great, simple rice cooker / warmer that does exactly what you want it to do - make great rice every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Rice!, February 18, 2009
This is a very nice rice cooker and an excellent value. Unlike other rice cookers in the same price range, this cooker does as well with jasmine, calrose, basmati and brown rice as it does with white rice. No one likes mushy or crunchy rice, especially Kitchen Monkey Boy. Not a problem with this cooker.
It's definitely not the same quality as the high end cookers, but hey, you didn't pay $200 for it either. Shut up and eat your nummy rice!

Kitchen Monkey Boy gives it 4 bananas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replace National brand cooking of similar capability, September 7, 2010
Jeffrey Z. Wolf (west roxbury, Mass) - See all my reviews
I had a national brand rice cooker that sustained a life threatening fall. So I had to replace it (I believe a rice cooker is truly the best invention since sliced bread). Also the rice cookers with separate glass tops, do nothing for me. So I searched Amazon and found this model. I ordered it. Shipping was fast enough for me. This model works as well as the National brand model that I had, so I am quite happy with it.

So if yo are looking for a simple rice cooker (turn on and forget it) this is the one you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, October 17, 2010
Coming from a Chinese family, this rice cooker does the job right. Rice is cooked in 20 mins, vs 45 mins, a record (long) time held by the Sanyo rice cooker I used to own.

The plastic steam basket, given the size of the rice cooker, is small. It's good for 3-4 buns.

The only point that keeps me from rating it 5 stars, is the top lid, which is hard to clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars Steaming and Spitting Rice Cooker, August 29, 2011
marcelino s marcelo (AMERICAN CANYON, CA, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars best kitchen appliance ever!, August 28, 2009
absolutely perfect rice, Indian or Chinese, every time. I was glad for the tips about rinsing rice first, and letting it stand 15 minutes. I couldn't not burn rice on the stovetop for 30 years, and now I'm the rice queen. thaks Panasonic, I read all the reviews thoroughly before I chose this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, February 3, 2012
While cooking rice, a large amount of liquid trickles from the vapor vents and makes a big mess. It is supposed to be for 5 cups but the problem occurs even with only one cup. I called Panasonic who were extremely unhelpful, passing me from tech to tech, putting me on hold, and asking me to repeat the product info and explain the problem 7 times. After almost an hour, I was told that this was normal but if I wanted, I could take it to repair two hour from where I live. According to them, most likely nothing was wrong and they would not take it back. Apparently Panasonic does not stand behind their products and there is no such thing as "satisfaction guaranteed." Worst $70+ I've ever spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars spewing all over, October 11, 2008
linnieL (South Haven, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I spent time selecting this product as I had another of great performance. I have had to clean up the counter after every use as it spews rice mist all over. The steam hole has been examined and appears ok but the problem continues. Disappointing.