From the Manufacturer
The Lumix DMC-SZ7, a part of the Lumix SZ-Series of digital cameras combines a powerful 10x optical zoom with a 25mm ultra-wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens, in a slim and compact body, making it extremely portable and easy to carry. The Lumix SZ7 has 14.1 megapixels and can also shoot full-High Definition, 1920 x 1080 60i videos and with Light Speed AF, it has a super-fast focus response time of approximately 0.1 second – making it easy to capture spontaneous must-have photos.
Panasonic Lumix SZ7 Highlights
The Lumix SZ7 features two new shooting modes – Miniature Effect and Panorama Shot. In Miniature Effect mode, the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to make the picture like a diorama. Video recorded in Miniature Effect mode is played back in 10x fast-forwarding, making it comical and fun to watch*1. Panorama Shot makes it possible to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image by taking consecutive shots and then overlaying the photos for the effect of a panoramic photo. Furthermore, the Lumix SZ7 feature Creative Retouch which includes six filters -Toy Effect, Soft Focus Dynamic Monochrome, Expressive, High Key and Retro, each of which give the photo a more artistic look. This camera also features an Auto Retouch function that adjusts contrast and brightness to give the photo a different look – all with a single press of the button.
*1 Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
To help ensure that the Lumix SZ7 is easy to use, it features Panasonic's popular iA (Intelligent Auto) mode. In iA mode, a suite of technologies are automatically engaged and the camera chooses the best setting based on the shooting environment. For instance, iA includes the new High Dynamic Range, Intelligent Handheld Nightshot and Motion Deblur together with AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, MEGA O.I.S., Face Recognition, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure.
- 3.0-inch Intelligent LCD that automatically adjusts the backlight based on the environment's lighting
- MOS sensor to support full-HD video
- USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply
- 3D Photo Mode allows the user to take 20 panning shots and then the camera automatically selects the two most suitable images – one for the right eye and one for the left eye – to synthesize a 3D composite.
- Dedicated video record button which lets users instantly start recording a video without having to make any extra settings. Additionally, the full 10x optical zoom is available in video recording mode
- High-quality stereo sound via Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator accompanies the realistic HD videos. The stereo zoom microphone comes with zoom noise reduction system, and the Wind Cut function helps to block noise from background wind
The LUMIX DMC-SZ7 combines a powerful 10x optical zoom with a 25mm ultra-wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens, in a slim and compact body, making it extremely portable and easy to carry. It can also shoot full-High Definition, 1920 x 1080 60i videos and with Light Speed AF, it has a super-fast focus response time of approximately 0.1 second - making it easy to capture spontaneous must-have photos.