Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 23, 2014
I love this little camera. It has many advanced features I can't begin to use, but the basic functioning is great, the zoom lens is highly useful. I often use it for snapping birds and butterflies, etc. As they say, "The best camera is the one you have with you," and this one is easy to carry.
on October 28, 2012
I've been a Panasonic Lumix fan ever since I bought the TZ5 in 2008. It's been a great camera so far - took it to numerous vacations, kayaking, diving and so on and it made wonderful pictures. The screen stopped working a few weeks ago, so instead of fixing it I decided to upgrade to the new Panasonic Lumix ZS20. I was so satisfied with the the TZ5 that I had high hopes for the new Lumix. I bought it mainly because of the 20x zoom, because I thought that the pictures will be as good as my old TZ5 at least. Not at all. I took hundreds of pictures in bright daylight, perfect conditions and all the pictures turned out with so much noise! I am an experienced photographer ( I also have a Digital SLR Canon 40D) so it was definitely not something that I was doing wrong. I tried all the settings, even updated to the new firmware, but I still get the same noisy pictures. The noise is visible even looking at the picture on a small 14'' screen. Cropping, of course, is impossible. I'm giving 2 stars only because the camera has many features ( like GPS - which I don't really use, manual settings for aperture and shutter and nice touchscreen that works fine). It is also smaller and lighter than the TZ5 I was used to. Other than that it is not worth buying. Big disappointment from Panasonic. I am planning to give it to a friend, who has been taking pictures with her phone so far, so that it will be a big improvement for her. For myself I bought the new Canon Sx50- 50x zoom - but I still have to see how it will turn out to be. I will also fix my old Lumix TZ5, so that I have a pocketable camera.
on June 19, 2013
After months of frustration (bought in Feb 2013) with the settings going back to factory default, I finally called Panasonic customer service and they helped me to permanently change some of them:
1) In C1 mode at least, change the settings by going to Rec menu. Change the things like red-eye reduction, aspect ration, size, whatever.
2) Go back to main menu and get into Setup.
3) Scroll down to Cust.Set.Mem. and enter. Then, select C1 (or C2-1, etc) and click Menu/Set. When asked if you want to overwrite, select yes and click Menu/Set.

Your settings should be saved (fingers crossed). The instruction booklet never seems to go into this- at least not in a way that I was able to pick up on.

I really like the pictures and the speed with which I can take one after another- I was able to catch a "sword fight" that my boys had and it was almost like a movie.
on May 5, 2014
A friend recommended this camera to me for low light photo's. For the price, I was willing to take the chance. We go to a lot of concert's and they don't permit flash photography. In steps this camera and hands down, well worth it! Fantastic shots and easy to use. Highly recommend this beauty.
on January 15, 2013
There are much better, more technical reviews here I strongly suggest reading. I'm pretty much a point and shoot person. However, the camera has done a fantastic job. We've captured pictures we've already dreamed of prior to owning this camera. Our priorities were 1) fast, continuous shooting, 2) small form factor, 3) fast turn on, 4) affordable. At $200 (Lightning Deal) it fits in a pocket, is ready to shoot within 2 seconds (about the time I can focus on my subject), and can take full megapixel shots forever at 2 fps with burst modes available. The only reason for 4 stars is the software that maybe I haven't figured out yet. I really don't like that pictures taken in burst mode are put in individual subfolders. Thus, if shooting an event I take 20 bursts, I have 20 subfolders to go through. I'd much rather have just 1 folder. My solution is to not use their software and directly transfer from the SD card.
on April 15, 2014
After reading many reviews of similar point and shoot price cameras I bought this camera. I liked this size combined with the 20x zoom. Using the auto setting I have taken many action shots of my grandson's baseball games, I couldn't be more pleased with the results I have received many compliments on these photos. The camera is very easy o use also.
on April 6, 2013
I bought this for my hubby as an early birthday present. So glad I jumped on the opportunity after much research. I bought it on April Fool's Day (one day sale) for $244.95 and the day after the price jumped to $341.24. I love it already! (I already have dslr camera and he doesn't like the bulky thing nor understands how to use it.) There are a lot of features I haven't begun to try but will eventually.
Zoom - Loving this feature since our old camera was only 4x.
Pictures are nice and crisp from our experience thus far. Low lighting ok but way better than our old camera. I will use the dslr for those kind of pics so it's not an issue.
Video - very good quality with a/f continual focus. Great if you have grandchildren or pets on the move. What I love about this is I can record a video and take still shots while recording. I can't do that with my dslr because it stops recording if I try to snap a photo.
Program and ia mode is ideal for hubby since the rest is Greek to him. Not sure which setting is best for him, yet.
I like the M.S.A.P. and the custom settings (he won't use) so I can experiment with that and create custom settings.
GPS drains battery and not something we're interested in right now but good to know it's there.
The lacking viewfinder works out in our/his favor. My hubby wears glasses and doesn't like the little window as a viewfinder to take pics, and loving the LCD screen instead indoors. Haven't tried it outdoors yet.
This camera exceeds our expectations. We are very happy with it for a point and shoot camera.
on May 25, 2012
Intelligent - makes my pictures look great.
You would not believe the zoom !!
If you can barely see it in the distance - you can zoom in up close,
with a steady, no tripod photo (image stabilization).
Great HD movies.
Finally a camera that zooms that starts out wide angle
for the grandkids birthday parties ... I don't have to back out of
the room to take a photo.
The "through a window" mode - was great on our Grand Canyon vacation
as we were driving - photos look like I was outside - standing still,
when I was driving at 60 !
Very pleased with the battery life, picture quality and camera
operation. Highly recommend for those tired of lugging their SLR
around. Fits in my cargo shorts pocket - comfortably.
on November 20, 2013
I got this camera when I was going to China. I was looking for a point and shoot so I can have a nice compact camera. The 20X optical zoom is one of the best you can get with regular point and shoot and no lenses to carry or protruding out of the unit. It takes good automatic pictures and has a good environment settings for different scenes. It performs these much better than other Point and Shoots I used and has a better variety.

Only negative to this camera is their proprietary charging cable. It looks like a USB micro connection, but a closer look reveals it's proprietary cable. This means if you don't bring your cable and your batteries dye or you lose the cable you are out of luck. Probably have to contact the Panasonic to get another
on October 17, 2014
Great little camera. Could not believe the sharp pictures I can get with the zoom&image stabilization. Hand-held picture of the moon shows craters. Easy to use. Couldn't ask for more in a little camera.