Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 7, 2014
Pretty small for its capabilities and reliable. In difficult conditions it may take awhile to find settings for good pictures but it is possible. Movies look nice. The battery lasts long enough.

GPS sometimes takes a very long time to lock. Also, pictures are not too sharp although they are sharp enough. I was surprised that Panasonic SZ1 takes sharper pictures. With a very large SD card, opening and closing seems to take a long time.

In the end, I have not found a better camera for my needs
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2014
I purchased this last year (I know, I'm so far behind on my reviews...) and I still love it.

Perhaps it is just in comparison to my old camera or my phone's camera but this takes EXCELLENT shots. The zoom and focus in particular are fantastic. I can get a clear shot of a bird 40-50 feet away through a dirty window and see the worm in his mouth. A fast shutter speed allows me to get the shot the second I press the button and not several seconds after.
on December 16, 2013
Had both Lumix and Coolpix. Both are nice, BUT, the Panasonic is my favorite. Has SUPER good wide angle lens (Nikon not near as good), HD recording quality is unbelievable AND the audio is excellent from such a small relative inexpensive camera. Would recommend to anyone.
After using it 'alot' for the past year, the zoom lever on top is sticking and makes it difficult to lock in on exact stopping point while zooming in or out. I may have just used it too much? Still would highly recommend.
on March 21, 2014
The Lumix ZS20 camera is easy to use and takes good photos. Regarding the 20x optical however, it may be lacking. That is, I took a photo of a house in the distance using the 20x. I then took the same photo using an older Lumix DMC-FZ20 using the 10x optical it has. The result was nearly an identical photo with the edge going to the 20x ZS20. Practically speaking, the 20x optical is not really 20x, when the 10x camera takes almost the same shot.
on May 31, 2014
I have had the camera for about two weeks now, and love the camera and it's features. I have used the Macro feature quite extensively, and the zoom and wide angle capability is marvelous. There are so many features on the camera however, that it will take quite some time to master. However, if you simply want a point and shoot, you have that also. The size is very compact, and easy to carry wherever you go (suggest a carry case for protection).
on December 28, 2012
Pros: I was very impressed with the many features packed into a small camera. I was particularly impressed with the ease of switching from regular photos to movies and the clarity of the pictures.

Cons: Too easy to take photos by mistake.

As a novice, I am still learning the camera and would be better prepared at a later date to give a full rating. I am still trying to find out how to play back my movies in Picasa.
on June 15, 2012
I bought this camera for my trip to California later this summer. I took it on a test run today at the local botanic gardens, and I was very pleased with its performance. It does well in low light as well as well as sunny conditions. The zoom is also impressive. I could take pictures of insects from a few feet away and the pictures turned out great.

Pros: Lots of settings to play with, zoom
Cons: None so far!
on May 3, 2013
I have only had the camera for a few weeks, but I am already very pleased. I took some video of my sister climbing down a twenty story building and with the amount of zoom this camera has I was able to see her facial expressions in reflection of the building. I have also used it in sport mode to take some really great soccer pictures. I have gotten several comments about the great quality and wanting to know if I had a DSLR.
on January 5, 2013
The first one I ordered had a scratch on the sensor. The return and exchange went smooth. So after that initial hiccup, I love this camera! It takes good video in low light situations. The interface is intuitive and well-organized. Picture quality is excellent! This camera is just as good if not better than the larger prosumer digital cameras. I don't see the need to carry anything around that is bigger than this.
on April 7, 2014
I had it's brother the ZS19 for a few years until it fell our of my pocket on an African sahfari. Both cameras are the same except the ZS20 has GPS which would have been nice when your taking pictures in four different countries. The camera is very easy to use. It takes very clear still pictures as well as movies with stereo sound. The 20x telephoto is great for a pocket camera. Overall it is a good bang for the buck.