1,081 Reviews

1,580 of 1,600 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars 20x Pocket Zoom Comparison - Panasonic ZS19 (ZS 20 w/o GPS) vs. Canon SX260 vs. Sony HX20V
I couldn't decide between these three cameras (and their variants, the Sony HX30 and the Panasonic ZX20) because many of the reviews of each made the cameras sound very similar. So, I went out and bought (from merchants who accepted returns) one of each of these three cameras (I didn't need WI-FI or GPS, so that's how I settled on these less expensive variants). And then...
Published on September 27, 2012 by Artemaria

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted so badly to love this camera
Where do I start? The features on this camera are amazing. The burst shooting modes, the 1080p video, the 20x zoom, the manual controls, scene modes, handling, and menus, are stunning and as close to perfect as you can get - at any price point for a camera that easily fits into a pocket. This camera seemed a bargain for the features.

So why two stars? Poor...
Published on May 27, 2012 by Sierratango

‹ Previous | 139 40 41109 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Stabilization, January 6, 2013
This is exactly the camera I was looking for. An easy to use smaller version of those "professional" grade cameras. My sister has the exact same one and loves it. She takes amazing pictures. Probably my favorite part of this camera is the stabilization feature. You can be in 20 below weather trying to take a picture and you're shaking but the camera takes a clear shot. I love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yeah!, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix ZS20 14.1 MP High Sensitivity MOS Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom (Black) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
The first one I ordered had a scratch on the sensor. The return and exchange went smooth. So after that initial hiccup, I love this camera! It takes good video in low light situations. The interface is intuitive and well-organized. Picture quality is excellent! This camera is just as good if not better than the larger prosumer digital cameras. I don't see the need to carry anything around that is bigger than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, January 4, 2013
Great everyday camera and fast for taking pictures off our 2 year old. Would buy a Lumix again and the zoom is incredible also the blast feature

5.0 out of 5 stars Best movies, January 4, 2013
I bought this for the video. It is better than our dedicated video camera (a sony that is only 2 years old). The video is great when the subjects are moving alot and the sound seems to be perfect. Low light can get grainy but regular indoor light is fine.
The pictures are OK and the camera size is small so we can take it everywhere (especially when I am not carrying my SLR).

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great, January 4, 2013
The camera works great and all features work nicely. Has many nice features and works as expected. Panoramic, touch screen and other features all work wonderfully and fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent small size and poweful camera, January 3, 2013
it is an amazing camera, with a superb zoom, high quality imaging and with many functions, some of them not explored yet, as HD video

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in photo quality, January 3, 2013
I have to agree 100% with the review by "Sierratango" on this one. I wish I would have taken his advice before actually purchasing this camera. I thought...maybe I'll be like the other 75% of these reviews and just love this camera?" but NO. The actual camera is very nice...I loved the feel of it, the looks of it, the size of it, etc. But the most important part...the actual photos...were extremely disappointing. I had an old Kodak point and shoot that was a 4 mega pixel and the pictures on that camera are so much more clear and bright. I'd open up photos from that old camera in Adobe Photoshop and compare them with the photos taken with this Panasonic (which has 14 mega pixels) and the Panasonic's were very pixelated and grainy. The colors had a yellowish tint to them, as well. I even had a few printed to see if I could see the difference in the the actual prints and you can indeed see the difference. I just returned this camera. I am just bummed that my old camera (that I had for about 8 years) broke and I have to figure out what camera to get now. I still don't know what I am going to get...but I do know that I want it to have the same photo quality as my old Kodak. What I have learned is that the number of mega pixels does NOT matter (when it gets past 7 mp anyway) Just because this one has 14, doesn't mean it takes better pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 2, 2013
Fantastic!!! My daughter loves it and it takes grrrrrreat picture, they are soooo clear and vibrant. Thank you so much

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera!!, January 2, 2013
Its an excellent camera!! 100% Happy with this. Nice pictures and quality. Great size. great price.
I would only add Wi Fi ot it

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, Fair but not great Camera, January 1, 2013
Fair little camera with a lotta features, and a great Amazon buy. Panasonic continues to lag behind the competition though is image quality - printed and otherwise. Noisier photos at larger sizes and ISO settings. Photos blur more easily too. Good beginner camera, but far from the best long-zoom pocket cam out there (I've owned or test 3 other leading brands).

‹ Previous | 139 40 41109 | Next ›