Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic VIERA S1 Series TC-P46S1 46-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on October 21, 2011
I've owned this tv for about 2 years. For the first half of its life, it barely got any use if any. It lived in the living room, not a usual place to have a tv but hey, I'm a geek! Given that I basically was barely in the living room, it practically got used once every two weeks. It was then relocated later on to the loft where it now enjoys nightly use from me.

When I first got it, the colors were absolutely stunning and popping... It still is. Albeit it does suffer from white degradation reported with this model year. My whites are no longer as white as I'd like. It's not gray, it's still white with a black tint. It sounds odd but I can't describe it. It works well enough to go unnoticed on usual scenes but give it a mostly white picture and it becomes prominent again.

I'd also begun to notice that the blacks are losing definition. It produces great blacks but there's not much details to be made out anymore. Sometimes, it gets so bad that the underside of cars appear black giving the cars a really fake feel to it. It's a great deep black though. Just wish I can actually make out what it's trying to define.

Since first using it, I noted that it turns out lots of heat. Wasn't surprised, it's a plasma after all. Something to bare in mind. On another note, it makes those yule logs ran during the holiday season all the more realistic. Great set for leaving on during the winter to serve as a backup heater. That being said, be warned that the fans at the back could become audible. I say could because you have to know what it sounds like for it to start bugging you. If you don't know what it sounds like, then you won't notice it but after owning it for a few months, you get to develop a certain ear for its pitch.

Note that this doesn't have internet connectivity at all(no LAN port).

It's a good tv, I'd recommend it for a basic no-frills set. If you want more, especially since this model is two years old, look elsewhere.
on October 20, 2009
Great TV at a great price. The picture quality is awesome, I replaced a Sharp Aquos LCD and felt like the Panasonic was a step up in quality. I have had the set for three weeks now and have not noticed any heat issues what so ever. I increased the sharpness from the factory settings and toned down the colors some and I am very satisfied with the overall picture quality. Sporting events look great! This plasma is the way to go for sports fans! No doubt. I have my sound via my home theater system so I can not say i use the TV's speakers. Amazon delivered fast (one business day later than they promised) with great service. I highly recommend this TV, you will not be disappointed. A.
on August 21, 2009
This set is almost perfect. The only thing I would have liked Panasonic do was to integrate a more elaborated TV guide for OTA channels, but I guess this is not a big deal.
on April 11, 2010
Panasonic has really dropped the ball on their plasma TVs as of late. I am a huge fan of Panasonic products; owning them 20+ years and have loved their reliability in the past. But as of recent, Panasonic seems too focused on mass-production and have let their QC slip. An Issue involving rising black levels was first discovered on AVS forum (at this point I didn't think much of it) and followed up by CNET. Folks I'm here to tell you it's true. You marry a raven-haired beauty only to watch her turn grey overnight. My panasonic has no better black levels than a low-end LCD. Not to mention the case of severe IR to boot. I'm not one of these people who will boycott Panasonic products, but I won't be buying anymore of their plasma TVs for a couple of years or until this at least gets sorted out.

If I could this review would get 2 1/2 stars.
on April 20, 2010
This is our first plasma, and the picture quality is lovely. We love the colors and picture quality. The only issues we had with our unit was that the TV arrived with a blown speaker on the left side. There was also a small scratch on inner part of the glass. We're going to return this one, but we're looking forward to the next set. We love this TV even with the issues. It will be hard to part with it!
on April 30, 2010
After looking at plasma's for over a year, finally bought one. Love it!!!!! Price was great, ordered it on a Sunday and it was in my house and set up by the following Friday. EXCELLENT!!!!!

Easy to set up and I love the picture. Sound quality n/a because I use a home theater system.
on September 23, 2010
The picture is great and the TV looks cool. I'll recommend this to anyone, especially for the price.
on September 20, 2014
Great item!!
on September 12, 2009
I am delighted with this product and the way I was able to purchase and receive it from Amazon.
on February 2, 2010
I received this tv about a week ago and right out of the box the wife noticed the left side speaker had a very annoying rattle noise when any bass frequencies came through it.Called Amazon and they told me to contact Panasonic first to see if they could resolve the problem.They had me do alot of finagling with the audio adjustments to determine if I had set it up right or not I guess,all of which I had already tried.When I told them the problem was still there after the adjustments he tried to tell me it was caused by the tvs speakers being so small.I knew this couldn't be the reason because the rattle was only on the left speaker.Still he insisted there was nothing wrong with the set.When I told him that I was just going to return it to Amazon he then offered to send out a tech to look at the set with the caveat that if the tech decided that there was not a problem I would have to pay for the service call.I told him that this was not acceptable since the tech would probably be biased in their favor since they are paying him,they informed me that was all they could do.On that note I told that him I would be having Amazon pick up the set for return and terminated the conversation.Needless to say I am very disappointed in Panasonic's handling of this issue and am considering returning the blu-ray player I also just purchased from them.
The picture on this tv in HD is very good as long as the room is not bright,Standard def is mediocre at best.I guess the days of companies standing behind their products is just a thing of the past.
On the plus side Amazon has been very cooperative so far but have not yet tried returning the set yet.