5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy.
Received more than expected. My daughter is very happy. A good bundle for beginners at a great price. Great buy.
Published 12 months ago by FJGP

2.0 out of 5 stars You're better off buying camera and accessories separately
The Lumix FZ70 is very easy to use. It didn't take me long to get the hang of it. I purchased this as my first digital camera and was looking for something with good reviews and good telephoto ability as I will be taking this on an upcoming African Safari.

Published 14 months ago by Diane Cramer

2.0 out of 5 stars You're better off buying camera and accessories separately, December 29, 2013
Diane Cramer "mtnmom" (Los Gatos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70 16.1 MP Digital Camera Kit with 60x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) Includes 0.43x Wide Angle Lens, 2.2x Telephoto Lens, 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD), 16GB Memory Card, USB Memory Card Reader, Replacement DMW-BMB9 Battery, Rapid Travel Charger, Carrying Case and Microfiber Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)

I'm not sure if there is value in purchasing this with the "kit". I'm almost afraid to compare pricing, as there is much I won't use or don't see as valuable. The add-on lenses require an adapter, as do the filters. The 55mm to 58mm adapter is included. But I had hoped to keep at least the UV filter on at all times. Unfortunately, the lens cap of the camera does not fit the filter. So it will have to be removed, along with the adapter, every time I want to put the camera down. As for the lenses, at high telephoto power, the pictures are blurry and have a white haze that is not apparent without the add-on telephoto lens. My husband tried it on his camera with the same result. So why purchase a 2x telephoto lens if anything above what the camera will do on its own is crappy? I had thought the wide angle lens will be usable if taking group pictures, although it wasn't what I purchased the camera and kit for. On further notice, when the camera's focus is pulled back all the way, you get tunnel vision with the wide angle lens. So that lens does not work with the Lumix FZ70 either.

End result, I'll have to purchase some 55mm filters to make this workable for me.

It's nice to have an extra battery and the camera bag is well padded. I'm not sure I'd use the flash or travel chargers, but probably nice to have them. The 16GB memory card comes with the camera, and is not part of the "kit". The card reader isn't necessary, but would save camera battery.

So, camera gets 4+ stars and the kit gets 1 star. The more I think about it, the more I realize I would have been better off buying the camera separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy., February 3, 2014