5.0 out of 5 stars lifelike picture
Published 12 months ago by Howard Bardsley

3.0 out of 5 stars some issues
The TV unit is the real deal and thetv will make a great bedroom tv however the stand was for some other TV good thing I'm wall mounting it.
Published 4 months ago by Zach Grayum

5.0 out of 5 stars lifelike picture, April 9, 2013
Howard Bardsley (NANTUCKET, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TC-L39EM60 39-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
We purchased this tv to replace a 7 year old Panasonic TC-26LX50. We had to find a tv with an overall width of less than 35.5" which is the width of our entertainment center. It is a perfect fit!. We used HDMI cables to connect the the tv to the cable box and our Panasonic DMP-BD75 bluray player. The setup for the tv took less than a minute! The picture is , as my wife said, extremely lifelike.
It is like the actors on the screen are in the room with you.We did not touch any of the color/contrast settings. The one thing I noticed about this tv VS the old one is that it takes longer to turn on, about 17 seconds Vs 10 seconds for the old one. not a big deal once you get used to it. We have had this tv about a week and we love it. The Picture is so clear that I have noticed things on my old DVD's that I never saw before. Now We are going to have to watch our DVD library again to see what we have been missing.One more thing, The remote controls for the TV and the Bluray player are almost identical. grabbing the wrong one is easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sorry I bought this little TV, April 25, 2013
This tv was purchased to replace a 1080i Samsung Slimfit 30 inch set. I did a lot of research and decided that this Panasonic TC-L39EM60 was the TV for me. I mainly watch cable HD broadcasts and have a lot of movies in digital format MP4(M4V). Panasonic is the only manufacturer I've found whose built in media player will play my files and MAN DOES IT PLAY THEM. The tv is 1080p native but will play other resolutions 1080i, 720p, 480i to name a few. The picture quality is outstanding. The jump from my old 1080i Samsung to his 1080p Panasonic is night and day. Even my files in 720p are like looking at completely differnt movies. I can't wait to buy a BlueRay player and watch full 1080p (right now my cable company only passes 1080i in it's HD programing).

I am probably still in the honeymoon phase with this set but so far I'm really impressed. I keep looking for reasons to try movies out and just stand there and drool over the picture quality. Now 39 inches may not be a big TV for some however it more than fits my needs. You could get a bigger TV from other brands for the same money but not the quality or versatility. Example: My media files. I would need to purchase a media player such as a WD TV Live, Roku, or smart BR player to play them if I went with another brand other than Panasonic. Oh and did I mention the PICTURE IS AWESOME.

Now for the bad and unfortunately there are 3 bad points for now.

1. When watching 1080i HD broadcasts on the set the picture will jitter vertically just the slightest bit. It is just noticable and I am starting to get use to it but it shouldn't be there as far as I am concerned. I have come to find that this effect is from my 1080p TV rendering 1080i broadcast from my cable company. (I am still researching and will update if I find out anything else)

2. The Media Player in this Panasonic will only play AC3, and MP3 audio from my movie files.

3.Depending upon the broadcast channel (it varies from show to show and mainly in HD)the blacks in the picture can be too black. For example, a black jacket may at times render no fine detail like a crease or pattern (harringbone).

Other than those issues the Panasonic TC-L39EM60 is fantastic and I really can't say enough about it.
If you buy one you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TV, October 18, 2013
Great color and right size to watch the Boston Red Sox!! Looks great in my livingroom. Great price. Does not sound tinny.

3.0 out of 5 stars some issues, December 3, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 Different tv's both had deformed pixels., May 13, 2013
Ok first off picture is PERFECT. sound is good. BUT problem is pixels. i bought 1 and came home noticed deformed pixels, when i paused movies/even on homepage of tv i saw pixels that were different color then what their suppose to be... so im like ok bad tv let me go exchange it i exchange it for another tcl39 EXACT SAME PROBLEM... im returning this one tomorrow and buying a LG or Sony.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deafer than a 13 Year Old JVC TV and Has a Challenged Tuner, April 27, 2013
JA (Southest USA) - See all my reviews
Would recommend a Samsung UN40 series 40" LED TV instead. When the Panasonic failed, we purchased a Samsung UN40FH6030 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D LED TV which not only recieved all the digital and analog channels the previous TV / digital tuner combination had, but was so much more sensitive that it also found almost twice as many stations.

The Panasonic TV this review is about was purchased to replace a 13 year old JVC analog CRT TV which requires a digital TV tuner for digital broadcast channels. The idea was to have a modern TV with a larger, clearer display and built-in analog/digital tuner. We did not have the TC-L39EM60 in our posession long. There were two main problems, about equal in siginficance. First, with the satellite receiver turned off and therefore the rooftop antenna switched in, it would search on-air antenna signals and only find two of the seven main local stations consistently. With the satellite receiver turned on and therefore the rooftop antenna switched out, it would find the satellite receiver OK - but it would not find it again once tuned anywhere else. In other words, if you turned the satellite receiver off to get an on-air antenna signal, this TV would not find the satellite receiver again once it was turned back on; that is, the TV would not let us manually tune back to channel 3. This leads into the second problem in that the TV could be set up to search for "antenna" or "cable" but there was no "antenna and cable" selection like on, for example, a Samsung digital TV. So if it looked for "antenna" it would find a few of the digital TV stations (missed most of them) but would not find their analog broadcasts also (e.g., would find 12.1 and 12.2 but would miss 12 and well as 2, 2.1, 2.2, 4, 4.1, 4.2, 5, 5.1, 5.2, 9, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 29, and 35 - you get the idea) and would not let you tune to 3 manually, even if you added it manually to the "manual" setup screen. If it looked for "cable" it would find a couple analog broadcast stations only but once tuned to one with the satellite receiver off it would not allow navigation back to channel 3 with the satellite receive back on. Called the toll Panasonic customer assistance line - not "toll free" - and eventually got someone who told me the satellite receiver must be bad and that the antenna connections must be weak - couldn't be the Panasonic TV, of course, because this was their brand-new 2013 model. So I disconnected the Panasonic TV and then reconnected the older JVC TV and its separate digital tuner and everything worked fine again. Returned the Panasonic TV for a refund - didn't want to try a second unit of the same model number in case the first was a bad unit after Panasonic's less-than-helpful toll-charge customer assistance.

The Samsung UN40FH6030 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D LED TV had no difficulty exceeding the 22 year old TV / digital tuner performance by finding nearly twice as many stations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor picture quality, June 17, 2013
Picture was awful, washed out and the motion blur made the picture unwatchable. Tv shows seemed to show the characters moving in frames, watching a football pass play shows a ghost trailer of the football etc., and this was even after adjusting the motion settings. This did not look like something processing a picture at 240hz to me. I have always loved Panasonic televisions and thought this would be no exception, but to me, they got this one wrong or I just got a bad set. Returned it and but a Samsung of lesser quality and the the Samsung picture blows the Panasonic picture away right out of the box.

ARRAY(0xa84cf6d8)