Offering advanced LCD technology for high picture quality, Panasonic's 42-inch VIERA TC-L42U25 LCD HDTV features an improved panel with In Plane Switching (IPS) for an ultra-wide viewing angle and higher moving picture resolution that results in clear, bright images. This U25 series model provides 1080p resolution, 120Hz Motion Picture Pro 4 for crisp, focused images during fast-moving scenes, and a 20,000:1 contrast ratio.
This and other models in the U25 line offer Panasonic's VIERA Image Viewer feature, which enables you to play slideshows of JPEG images stored on SD memory cards, as well as the VIERA Link feature for controlling a variety of compatible components--from Blu-ray Disc players to digital cameras--through a single remote.
Adhering to Panasonic's commitment to the environment, this VIERA model--as well as all 2010 models--features improved power consumption and meets the new, more stringent Energy Star 4.0 requirements.
- Series: U25
- Screen type: LCD (EEFL backlight)
- Screen size: 42 inches
- Filter: Fine Black Panel
- Native resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Contrast ratio: 20,000:1
- Viewing angle: 178 degrees
- Receiving system: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- HDTV display capability: 1080p, 1080i, 720p
- EDTV display capability: 480p
- Speakers: 2 full range, 20W total power; surround sound capabilities
- Image viewer: JPEG compatibility
- Aspect control: 480i/p -- Full, Just, 4:3, Zoom; 1080ip -- Full, H-Fill, Just, 4:3, Zoom
- Optional wall-mounting bracket: TY-WK3L2RW
- Multi-lingual menu: English/Spanish/French
- Energy Star qualified: Yes
- HDMI: 3 (1 side)
- Component (Y, PB, PR): 1 with audio input
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 side); each with audio input
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1
- TV with stand: 40.2 x 26.8 x 12.2 inches (WxHxD); 45.2 pounds
- TV without stand: 40.2 x 25.1 x 4.2 inches (WxHxD); 39.7 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
Panasonic U25 series LCD HDTV, removable stand, remote control (with batteries), operating instructions
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
Panasonic TC-L42U25 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV