4.0 out of 5 stars Great for General Purposes. Not the best for gaming.
I originally got the TV for a game room. The input lag on the TV is noticeable but not horrible. Otherwise, it is a stunning tv. Visually pleasing to look at.
Published 10 months ago by Chris

2.0 out of 5 stars Picture became grainy and distorted after 5 months of use!
I purchased this TV in August 2013 when there were almost no ratings available. Amazon had it for a great price of $500 so I decided to take the risk. I knew Panasonic made awesome Plasmas but I wasn't too sure about the LED.

Published 5 months ago by DealKing

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for General Purposes. Not the best for gaming., August 25, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic TC-L50EM60 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for an LED, September 18, 2013
The picture quality is excellent for an LED liquid crystal display. I needed this TV for sports so the 120Hz refresh rate is great. Movies look excellent and the motion is very realistic. My main TV is a plasma so I can notice the differences between the technologies. This TV is much brighter with a matte screen which is good for a room with a lot of light. But I also notice the edge light bleeds on all sides during dark scenes. The edge bleed is not a concern for me since I will be mostly watching football on it (instead of movies). Plasmas are inherently better at producing a nice uniform picture for the dark scenes. The speakers are a bit weak, but I haven't seen a flat panel television with decent speakers yet. Understanding it's limitations, this TV has exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick TV, August 26, 2013
I really like the TV, the input switching is very easy though wish there were more than 2 HDMI ports. The bevel around the TV is extremely slim that made me second guess the size when comparing it to my previous Samsung TV. The TV was very light and assembling the stand was simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv, February 13, 2014
great tv but the description of this unit got me, said 3D and came with glasses but when it arrived i was disapointed as it did not have glasses and wasnt even 3D, not a smart tv, but is still a great TV so i kept it, looks great sitting on my wall.

2.0 out of 5 stars Picture became grainy and distorted after 5 months of use!, January 20, 2014

Let me just say, I was surprised how great the quality was of the picture...the darks were really dark! It almost felt like a plasma TV. It worked especially great with Chromecast - input would automatically switch, etc. But suddenly couple days ago, while casting something, the picture became grainy and distorted. Initially, I thought may be it's chromecast, but now all inputs were (cable, other hdmi inputs) doing the same exact thing. This also after only 5 months of use. Unacceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, straightforward TV, November 19, 2013
Great TV if you don't want all the "smart TV" accoutrements. Picture quality is good, sound too. I wish there were more than 2 HDMI ports but that's not a deal-breaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will buy another, November 12, 2013
Picture clarity is Great! Hanging in our showroom is provides movies non stop during our hours of operation. Customers love the picture

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture in Lighter Scenes, Horrible Dark Sceens, November 6, 2013
I really wanted to like this TV and did love it for a little while, but the dark scenes ruined it for me. Looks great on bright scenes. It wasn't until I purchased the Samsung UN60FH6003 did I realize how bad this TV was. The samsung had great uniformity and blacks were very black.

This Panasonic has terrible uniformity issues with the back light. You can see huge bright spots when the screen goes black. You can even see the spots on dark scenes. I'm hoping either Panasonic will do something for me or I'll try to return it to Amazon.

Look at the pictures I posted to the product page.

Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, October 29, 2013
I've had this TV for 2 months now. The picture is amazingly clear and the sound is fine. The profile is incredibly slim so all you see is that fantastic image.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Great as a Monitor, September 1, 2013
Great look and slim design. Picture quality is almost too sharp and makes movies look very lifelike. Sports do well with 120hz and the 240hz backlighting. I am using this as a monitor so my receiver does all the HDMI switching. One downfall is it had limited HDMI inputs.

Rate and Discover Movies