Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic TC-P42S2 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (2010 Model)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 23, 2013
Purchased this Panasonic from a Sears and we were very happy with set for apprx. 15 months. Turned the set off for a few hours returned and the set would not turn on. All you get are 10 Blinking lights-NO PICTURE. I unpluged all incoming electrical and it worked again for four more months, now it wont come on just blinks back at ya. All warranty is expired and it cost to much to repair the set.
After reading reviews on Panasonics I have determined this problem is a great flaw which has not to date been corrected.
DONT PURCHASE PANASONICS UNTIL YOU READ REVIEWS CONCERNING THIS BLINKING LIGHT PROBLEMS
on March 4, 2012
Tonight the TV shut down without warning. The power light is blinking 7 times and that is supposed to be the diagnostic code for the problem. I still have to translate what it says to figure if it's a simple parts swap or something worse. Really unhappy since I'm sure the warranty is 12 months.
on March 22, 2014
Bought the C2, the next model down from the S2. Did the same thing as the one star reviews here. Best looking TV you've ever seen for three years, then one day stopped working with a 10 blink error and never turned on again. Tried troubleshooting with schematics and plowed 50 additional bucks into a new power board. No dice. This is the first Panasonic product I've had that's lasted less than 20 years so far, and I own almost exclusively Panasonic products. Very disappointed. Hope they didn't get some CEO who values short term profits over product quality.
on October 31, 2013
I bought this tv for my wife as a Christmas present in 2009. In October 2013, I hear a loud 'pop' and lose the picture. At a local repair shop, they tell me the scan board is shot and it will take $469 to fix. I bought this from Sears, with an extended 3-year warranty. When I asked the technician at the local repair shop why it would do this, his reply was it was common for plasma TV's to do this after 4-5 years due to heat, and that was why they no longer sold plasma TV's, only lcd or led. I contacted Panasonic for a reason why. They said to send them a copy of receipt plus copy of service estimate by email and they would review it and get back to me. I confirmed their receipt of copies and have been waiting a week with no response from them. This was a gorgeous tv with a phenomenal picture. I can't tell you how many times my wife commented that she loved her tv. This is a colossal disappointment. Written by Robert Drabing.
on April 28, 2013
Purchased this t.v. in November of 2010. Within 3 weeks it was in the repair shop to replace a bad board. I thought " well o.k. it's just a little glitch". Well fast forward to November of 2012 and it's toast AGAIN! Cost to repair $381.00 . Called Panasonic service to express my dissatisfaction. I mean after 2 years and 2 repairs I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling that my purchase was a wise one.The customer service made me an "offer" of $89.00. Really? for my $800. T.V. that has lasted all of 2 YEARS? Not acceptable. Then they offered me $ 107.00. Oh goodie a whopping $18.00 more. The bargaining continued and their final offer was $ 179.00 . What a lousy way to treat your customers ... see how cheap you can get away with taking care of a customer who really hoped he would have a nice quality T.V. for a long time. Now I have been waiting weeks for the repair shop to get the part. I will not be buying a Panasonic product again.
on January 11, 2012
Do not BUY THIS TV... I owned it for 13 months and the TV DIED, it will not power on. I called Panasonic support and no help at all. DO not buy this TV, if you do it will be a waste of your money.
on February 1, 2014
Don't buy this TV. Appears to be a hardware problem that causes the unit to lose power. Google 10 blinks on this model. Panasonic will refuse to fix the TV.
on February 1, 2014
I purchased this model in August 2011 after doing quite a bit of research. I was very happy with the set. Beautiful picture. Great for movies and sports. In January 2014 the set placed itself into shut down mode, with the indicator light blinking 6 times. I followed the instructions in the owners manual and also from Panasonic's phone customer service. To no avail. I later learned the display itself was defective and that Panasonic no longer supplied the part so it cannot be repaired. The set lasted only two and a half years under normal household use.
on January 13, 2011
I always liked Panasonic flat-screen TV picture quality. When it came time to buy a TV for our bedroom to mount on the wall, I researched only panasonic and found this tv to meet my quality vs price value proposition. I purchased online from a reputable company, the TV shipped via Pilot and it set up easy enough. A few days into use the TV would not power on and got was I learned online to be called the 'blinking power led' spiral of death. Mine blinked 10 times, then reset. As an electrical engineer that now manages teams of service people that install video for corporate use, this looked like a DOA situation. I checked outlet voltage, connections, and all the expected things. I contacted my on-line company who first referred me to Panasonic support. In the meantime I learned of many others with this power problem and their horror stories on this series of HDTVs from Panasonic. Now upset I made a mistake, I reached Panasonic support after looking up the problem the support person told me it would have to come in for repairs (3 days out of the box), I said I don't think so and returned it (thanks reputable online store) for full credit.

I will be purchasing another brand.

Just goes to show that how much research you do, your still bound to these kind of problems. In this case, an apparent chronic issue that others shared comes back over time even after weeks of repairs, and if out of warranty - local electronics re-cycling time. No thanks. I'll find a brand that last for years thank you very much. I still have a Sony built in 1984 running fine in my 5 year old's room. If he throws the Wii controller at it, it will just bounce off and hit him in the head.

Audio/video quality has gone up, but manufacturer standards and worksman ship has sure gone down.

Thank you Panasonic, I don't think I'll try you again.

Signed, regrettable.
on January 7, 2011
Ordered the TV a couple of days after Thanksgiving. It took 3 weeks to get it delivered by Pilot (amazon's carrier). The TV worked fine for a few hours then showed a vertical green line, 1 pixel thick, about one third from the left of the screen.
I called amazon and they offered exchange or refund. I took the refund. It then took more than 2 weeks and a couple phone calls to Amazon (forget trying to reach Pilot directly!) for them to pick it up. I just talked to amazon and it will take another 2 weeks for Pilot to send the TV back to amazon. Then, they will issue the refund. My money will have been unavailable for almost 8 weeks.
So the few hours that the TV worked, the picture was very good. No complaint about amazon's service but they MUST get rid of that carrier and I will not buy a TV again from Amazon if they don't use Fedex or UPS.
I just got a Vizio 42/120 LCD from Samsclub for less money and if it breaks, I'll bring it back and get my refund the same day.