Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Panasonic TC-P58S2 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 16, 2016
Panasonic Plasmas are the best. I also did a lot of research before buying & Panasonic consistently got great ratings. The only drawbacks are: Plasmas are heavy, they get hot & use more energy. The picture quality is amazing.
on August 10, 2015
Great almost 3D picture. Broke down at 2 years; cost $400 to fix and Panasonic refused to help; I will remember this next time I purchase.
on May 28, 2015
Love this TV
on March 30, 2015
This was the best plasma tv ever, until one day in the middle of a program a red line split horizontally through the middle of the screen. It was accompanied by distorted red lines at the top of the picture. They never went away. Paid a repair shop to diagnose the problem and they determined the parts were low quality from a variety of manufacturers not typically used in other high end Panasonic tvs. Said the PDP was broken. Of course this was all after the warranty ended. It made a great paperweight!
on November 17, 2014
I have had this TV for 4 years now. Absolutely love it. Works great and picture is phenomenal. At 1400 years ago a similar set would cost you 900 ish now. Definitely recommend panasonic
on November 2, 2014
So far I've had good service from this TV.
on March 9, 2014
Bought this junk 3 years ago. Use it as a theater room screen. Doesn't get used everyday. Has become inoperable 2 times. Both times required PC board replacement (same board). Bought Panasonic because of it's rated reliability. Won't buy again.
on February 14, 2012
After reading a lot of these reviews I see a common thread people who have had the TV for 2 weeks to a month are very happy as I was.

Anybody posting a review after a year and a half is posting about the TV breaking, which is exactly what happened to me. Panasonic's response to my $1,000 TV dying just 45 days outside of a 1 year warranty has not been satisfactory. They want me to pay almost $400 (maybe more) in repairs than they will review my case to reimburse me "a portion" of the repair bill. I get it things happen but I will just choose to never purchase a Panasonic product again.

If you want your TV to last more than a year and a half I would not buy this TV. As other reviewers have stated just do some research and Panasonic Plasma blinking lights of death, and dont end up in the same boat as me.
on November 14, 2011
I bought my Panasonic P58 S-2 in Jan. 2011. Been great for 10 months. Then suddenly last wk. I hear a popping/cracking sound from the back of the TV & I have lost the picture & sound. When I try to turn the power back on, nothing happens, just a little red light on the lower front panel of the TV blinking 10 blinks constantly. Tried unplugging the unit from the wall & powering it back up & still no power. Still under warranty so I call Panasonic Viera Cust. Serv. & explain the problem. They seem to be very aware of this problem & schedule a service rep. to come to my house in about a wk. I'm still waiting for that service. I searched this problem on the internet & it's quite rampant. The AVS site has 135 pages, 20 responses per page, that go back to 2008 with this power switch problem on Panasonic Plasma TV's. I'm hoping for the best but after reading so many threads that this a very common problem with Panasonics, I'm very pessimistic about the TV. Wish I had gone with a different brand now. I would have thought that the Panny Factory would have resolved this matter after 3 yrs. but it appears they haven't. So, Buyer's beware of this Panasonic Plasma Power Switch problem because it appears it has yet to be resolved. When/if the Service Rep. arrives, I can only hope he can fix my TV with a revised part that won't do the same thing again in 10 months. Thanks for listening.
on October 6, 2011
TV works well, nice picture BUT it makes a loud buzzing noise. The frequency and intensity of the buzzing changes depending ont he brightness of the screen. If it's black it's quiet, but when it changes to something light it is very loud. It is noticable when watching TV and very distracting when the volume is lower (playing video games trying not to disturb the wife)
Had it almost a year now, no burn in issues, picture still nice. Just wis it didn't BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.