Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on October 15, 2011
In a few words these glasses are the best Panny offers. Xlnt 3D on DirecTv

Pros:
Retains 3D sync from 28' away, I sit at 18'
Adjustable bridge
Comfortable to wear over glasses
Lightweight
Auto off
Syncs with Panny TC-P60GT30 in a split second
Finger print smudges easy to clean
Works right out of the box, no charging needed
Claims 25 hr charge

Cons:
Non-replaceable lithium-ion battery
Hinges on arms are plastic so care must be taken when putting on/off
My viewing room has floor to ceiling sliding glass doors 16' wide. During bright daylight there is a slight flicker
Sizing chart is odd as no references to cap size could be located. I wear a 7 7/8" cap and the medium fits well. Posted glass sizes then measuring across my temple or measuring across my Rx glass frame weren't even close.

Hope these last a few years until stereoscopic 3D arrives. Then they go with the paper red/blue glasses and all the other movie 3D glasses displayed above my cork board.
44 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2011
I currently have last generation Panasonic 3D glasses, as well as Xpand X103's and this blow both of them out of the water. Extremely light weight, the lenses seem to be a little brighter, and they have the ability to convert 3D images back to 2D if you are watching with a group of people and decide you want to watch it in 2D instead. Will definitely be replacing my other glasses with these over the next few weeks. The only downside to these that I have found, is they do not come with a storage case, and they don't fit in the last generation storage case. I haven't found anything that they fit in just right to keep from the lenses getting scratched.
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2011
Amazing glasses, they not only look good but feel great. No other 3D glasses can beat these. I had the second generation glasses which produced a very dark tint and they felt heavy, too high on my nose, too far from my eyes and irritated my ears after a while. Panasonic corrected these issues: the tint is much ligher so your movie/games appear brighter, they are so light that I don't even feel them while wearing, good nose positioning, closer to your eyes so you don't get light from above or below and no more irritation. Incredible glasses, a must for movie watchers and gamers. I can now enjoy hours of 3D content without the hassle. Panasonic opted not to make a 3rd gen plastic case like they did with the 2nd gen and the 3rd gen do not fit in the 2nd gen case for those interested.
review image review image review image
88 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2012
These glasses do work with older Panasonic 3D capable TV models even though Panasonic and Amazon do not specify this in the product description. I purchased four of these to go with my TC-P50GT25 and they work without any problems. As others have stated, they work with the older VT models as well. They synchronize instantly with my TV, and I've had no issues using all four at once. For reference, I sit about 8 feet away from the TV.

Fit-wise, I have a smaller head, I'm usually on the upper end of small sized helmets, so I was debating between these and the small sized glasses. The mediums fit very comfortably. I would assume that the smaller glasses are better for kids, but I have not tried them, nor do I have a need to. Also, they do appear to fit well with prescription glasses. My parents both wear glasses and they had no complaints comfort-wise or picture-wise with these glasses. These glasses are also very light and easy to forget that you're wearing them during movies.

The glasses can be charged in less than 30 minutes, and since they charge via a micro USB cable, you can use many different devices to charge them. E.g. TV, Wii, PlayStation, computer, etc. I haven't tested them to verify how long the charge lasts, but I have used a couple pairs for two movies, a week apart, without charging. Also, the 2D to 3D mode switch on the glasses is a nice feature that works well for those who don't like watching in 3D and is also fun to use to compare the difference between the 3D and 2D while the movie is playing.

Like others, my only real complaint is the lack of a case to store them in. For now, they're just being stored in the boxes they came in.
on September 28, 2011
I just recieved these in today & I have been putting them through the paces. I have to say that to me they are no heavier than the polarized glasses from the movie theater, but these are actualy more comfortable. I actually own all 3 iterations of the panasonic glasses & these by far are the best of them all. Infact the only thing I can complain about is that there is no hardshell case..or really any case at all for these & the last 2 iterations of panasonic glasses came with a hardshell case.

I wouldn't bother with the offbrand glasses or any of the previous versions of panasonic glasses, these are the game changer..very light..very comfortable & very affordable.! I will be buying more soon!!
on March 16, 2012
Love these glasses! Work flawlessly and sync up with tv very fast (tc-p55st30). I wish they were universal and that the rechargeable battery was replaceable, but great nonetheless. Be careful with little ones handling these as they can pinch at hinges and you don't wanna be too rough with these. A bit pricey here on amazon. If you can wait a little bit for shipping from china, they can be had for 65-75 dollars if you do a little research. The model number is a little different (ty ew3d3mc) for the chinese market and instructions are in chinese, but they are genuine panasonic and the EXACT same glasses.
on December 16, 2011
I use these with my 60ST30... The glasses are SO amazing. Light, comfortable, and 2D-to-3D mode is really cool in case you start getting eye fatigue or a headache... You can just watch it in 2D without disrupting everyone else watching the movie. Genius idea and perfectly executed. And the charge lasts forever, not literally, but it feels like it... I charged up two pairs right away and have been using them both for a week now, testing PS3 games, DirecTV, and 3D Blu-Ray's... They've both been turned on probably 40 times or so... used many many hours... and still working fine!
on May 3, 2014
I recently bought the Panasonic PTAE8000U 3D projector (check out my review of it). I needed glasses, of course, and given my lack of desire for complications, I bought two of these glasses. I wear corrective eyeglasses and feared these might not sit on my face well while wearing my eyeglasses too. Turns out NO PROBLEM, works JUST FINE. The 3D picture with this projector and these glasses is JUST STUNNING.

The glasses have an on/off switch that also converts the 3D image being projected back to 2D for those few people who get eyestrain from 3D. I don't have this problem, nor does anyone in my family. What WE use the switch for is to instantly compare the 3D image with what it would look like in 2D. Very cool... you WILL use it. I liked these so much, I got 2 more, and will get yet another 2 for video parties.

Please do check out my review of the Panasonic PTAE8000U projector... It's amazing. Panasonic hit a real home run with these glasses and the Panasonic PTAE8000U projector.
on February 23, 2013
I originally purchased a well regarded pair of less expensive 3D glasses for my 2011 model Panny Plasma. They work well, and numerous reviewers claimed they were as good as, or better than the name brand glasses. It is true that they work well and were a fraction of the cost of the Panasonic brands, but then I found these Panasonic brand name glasses via Amazon Market and purchased them for the same price as the much cheaper knock-off (approximately $28.00). They were listed as "Used-like new.) I have to say that the comfort level of the Panasonic brand is markedly better than the knock-offs. They seem to weigh almost nothing, are comfortable on the nose, with or without prescription glasses, and can be comfortably worn for extended times. Viewing angles and distances seem very good. However, as seems to be true with any 3D system, the glasses definitely darken the picture and I could not imagine watching more than one movie without taking an extended break from the 3D experience. Definitely, watching some, not all, 3D movies is a great experience, but the movie needs to be fairly bright to begin with for a more enjoyable experience. 3D TV still has a way to go. I would like to add that the seller was exceptional, responding within seconds to my e-mails and prepared to remedy any problems. however, the glasses work perfectly. Also, because they are Panasonic brand, if you are using a Panasonic TV you have absolutely no special connections to make. Simply charge 30 minutes before the first use, turn on your movie, and turn them on. They connect immediately. They even allow you to watch a 3D movie that everyone else is watching in 3D in 2D if doing so is more comfortable for you. I would never pay the MSRP for these, but at $28.00 to $30.00 they are reasonable.
PLEASE REMEMBER...These are for the 2011 models and NOT for the 2012 models. The 2012 models use an entirely different means of communication with the glasses and do NOT work with this model.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 6, 2014
We have a 2010 Panasonic Plasma TV, model TC-P54VT25. At the time we bought the TV, we also bought 2 sets of the 3D glasses, and paid $150 each for them. Although we will keep the old 3D glasses because the still work, my husband and I both like these glasses better than the old ones. We like these 3D glasses better because:
- They are much lighter weight than the old 3-D glasses and much more comfortable.
- You don't have to install nose pieces to make them fit.
- They can be worn comfortably with or without prescription eyewear.
- They are rechargeable. This could be a plus or a minus depending on your use. If you don't use 3D often as we don't, you have to plan ahead to make sure the battery is charged. Whereas, changing a battery may be more convenient as long as you have a spare.
- They connected immediately to our TV when the 3D movie started and stayed connected. They do seem to click off when you turn your head away from the TV, but click on immediately when you turn back.
- The glasses can be switched to 2D with a switch on the top of the glasses for people that do not feel comfortable with 3D viewing.

At this point in time, other than having to recharge them before using them if the charge runs out, I can think of any cons for these glasses. At the time I bought these 3D glasses, I also bought 2 of the Incredisonic Vue Series VSUI-1600. In comparing the two, the VSUI-1600 work as well, but the more narrow side allow light from the room to be seen that can be distracting. The plus for the VSUI-1600 glasses is that they are much less expensive. The VSUI-1600 glasses use disposable batteries that may be more convenient when you don't what to take time to charge batteries. I will describe the VSUI-1600 3D glasses in my review for them.